Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Almost finished my ultimate ADVP list,need your help...

Quote Originally Posted by ZEEV View Post
    ====================
    It sure is exhausting spending a day at MK or EPCOT from 9 to midnight.

However staying on-site allows me a break in the middle of the day
    if I fill too tiered(wich I probably will not!!!).

And finally I was thinking I might start days with EMH at a later hour like 11-12 in the morning and so
    it won't be that hard staying late at the park.
    - Yes, 9-midnight for so many days will be tiring... which is why I would suggest no WDW parks after other parks.

- Even if you have the energy to run the 22 days at a sprint (9-12, no naps), I don't know if your kids will be able to, especially the one who will be 12. It does get tiring. Then people get grouchy, and it's not pleasant.

- As to getting to the parks at 11-12...

9-11 am is the GOLDEN time, when you can get through so much. You are considering missing all of that, and getting to the park RIGHT when it gets crazy. If you take away NOTHING else from all we have said, please re-consider this one. Get there before rope drop, rest mid-day if needed.

Peanut butter is yummy.
    =====================

I will be happy to explain.

let's say I book a 10 day package with free dining and only 2 day tickets.

suppose I want to enjoy a free table service dinner on the fourth day at MK after
    I already used my 2 day tickets.

Can I get in the park using my AP and enjoy my free dinner???

If it's possible maybe it's also worth it...

And again thank you very much for your patiance answering my questions...

This trip is a major event for us so I admit I feel a need
    to inquire about every small detail
    ZEEV-

The Dining Plan is not attached to your ticket. It is based on # of nights of stay.
    If you stay 10 nights at a Disney resort and have Dining Pkg- whether Free or not- then you have 10 nights worth of Dining Credits to use within that time.
    It does not mater what type of ticket you use to enter the park.

As Trudy has pointed out- you would want to wait to purchase AP- use your 2 day ticket that comes with your pkg and upgrade to AP once there. Or do a 10 day ticket w/pkg then upgrade- you would have to do the math to see which is more cost effective.
    Although I am still not sure why you would need an AP. Honestly I can not see the need to go to a Disney park after you have spent the day at Busch Gardens or Sea World- or Universal for that matter.
    And I will repeat- the parks with EMH whether that is in AM or PM will always be the most crowded. We avoid them like the plague!

Another thing no one has mentioned is the weather. I don't what sort of heat/humidity you are used to in Israel- but Orlando in Sept is usually unbearably hot and humid. Mid day breaks are a must.

You have so many questions about so many things- you have at your access some of the most knowledgeable experienced Disney lovers.
    Maybe make a list of questions- then sort by category- tickets, resorts, dining, transportation, etc then tackle each category one at a time. Read thru the forums/stickies here- do some homework- then come back and ask specific questions in each separate category.

Another good resource is http://allears.net/index.html

This thread is all over the place now so I can't see it being useful for too much longer!

This trip is a major event for us so I admit I feel a need
    to inquire about every small detail
    I get it, really I do. It's likely to be a once-in-a-lifetime thing, that you and your kids will remember forever. That makes it feel much more necessary for you to get it "right" than if you were at WDW all the time. You get one shot at this, and it is all on you to do it right for you and your kids.

And I get that at this point you don't need specific answers to specific questions as such, but more "macro-level" help - a sounding board, as it were - how to wrestle the whole 22 days into the "perfect" trip. All the parts are pieces of the whole, and it is difficult to separate them in your head at this point.

This far out, your plans will of necessity still be fluid. From experience, you will probably go through a dozen different variations, each a bit different than the last, each with its pros and cons. It is challenging for us to help at that level, though. There are a million different possibilities as to how it can all come together, and only you can decide what sits right with you.

My suggestion would be to get the kids involved (especially the one who will be 16). Figure out what your priorities are. Write a list of questions. For example (these are just a few - there are MANY others):

- Are you okay with driving?

- Do you want to even consider staying in a condo? (For that you need a car - otherwise Mears/taxi/resort transport can handle it.) Or is the theme park bubble (be it Disney only or WDW/Universal) of greater importance?

- Do you want to eat all your meals at theme parks/restaurants? (So you know if you need a place with kitchen facilities.)

There are no right or wrong answers to these questions. You are just determining what is important to you. Once you and the kids have the answers to those kind of questions, certain things just fall away, and certain options are logically left. Then you have a sort of shape that you (and we) can better work with.

Zeev, you have some mistaken ideas about how things work at Disney. Hotel transfers, ticketing, late arrival, EMH, Disney Dining Plan -- you've written some incorrect statements about all of them. You have flawed data, and are trying to build something with this flawed data. And you know what they say-- Garbage in... garbage out. You can't throw chicken into the blender and hope to come up with a margarita.

You need to stop yourself. If you find yourself building on something you think is true-- stop yourself. Ask yourself. Do i KNOW this is correct? Have I read it on a reputable Disney site? Allears. Mousesavers. Easywdw. Only when the answer is a resounding YES should you incorporate that data into your developing plan.

So, I strongly suggest you stop trying to build this trip. Instead, focus on SLOWLY learning about the way things REALLY are. One item at a time. Read. Read. Read. Ask clarifying questions in the correct forum. You need a foundation of knowledge. Then, you can build something based on your new found, CORRECT data.

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    You've been given some excellent advice. Namely, sit down and figure out the basics. I usually don't recommend books, but I think you might be helped with a copy of either the Unofficial Guide http://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Gui...ney+world+2014 or Passporter http://www.amazon.com/PassPorters-Wa...sporter+disney

These will give you concise, CORRECT information to help with your basic trip planning. You can then hammer out the details on the sites that Mousehelper mentioned.

Until you get a good handle on the basics, what we're doing here is really not helping you much at all because you're asking so many questions and making so many assumptions with each response - it's too complex.

It's really good that you have a lot of time to plan this trip, and we're all happy to help you make good decisions, but not all at once! Start by asking your resort questions in the resort forum. We'll all be happy to help you decide the pro's and con's of on-site vs. off-site, condo vs. hotel, etc. etc.

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Zeev,

I can tell that you have read some information out there (much of which isn't accurate....including the Little Mermaid Rooms disappearing so quickly) but right now....honestly....none of that has anything to do with your question....about how to find a good TA.

So....I'm going to take this conversation back to where it belongs. You have 14 months to sort out the rest and learn how to make an itinerary that will give your family the optimal Disney World experience, etc.

Finding a good TA who will help you out has nothing to do with numbers. So....your plans to call Disney to get numbers and then contact several TAs to get their numbers is going to give you absolutely nothing. And....as a TA....I have to be honest with you....if I knew that someone was sending out several quote requests to several different TAs as a "test".....I wouldn't waste my time responding. There are a few TAs on this site who are going to feel the same way. We are all being very honest with you here when we tell you that you are going to get the exact same prices from every TA you contact....and whenever a TA puts in the time to send out quotes, they are hoping you will book with them so that they can actually make some money. When you play TAs like that....it isn't fair nor is it very polite.

So....instead of doing the quote thing.....I recommend that you "interview" TAs. What I mean by this is that you should actually put together a questionnaire that you send out to a few different TAs. Start with maybe 3-5 different TAs (and realized that not all TAs in each company are equal....so interviewing multiple TAs within a company is fine also.) Let them know you are shopping around for a TA to help you with your trip. Give them your basic information (that you are coming from Israel, that this is a second trip for your family, it will be you and your 2 daughters, you will have 22 days, you are interested in staying at AoA, POR Royal Rooms and Contemporary Club Level over the course of your trip and ask their advice on how to best do this to optimize your stay as well as possible discounts. Ask them questions like how long they have been doing this for, if they have worked with foreign clients in the past, what are their feelings about pushing clients to upgrade when upgrades aren't needed, what specific services do they offer (such as itinerary planning, making dining reservations, etc), do they ever charge any change fees or additional fees that Disney does not charge and if so, what are they, and other questions that will help you see if this person fits your specific needs. This questionairre is honest about what you are doing and will go a long way in setting up a good foundation for the relationship with your TA. After all.....how can you expect someone to be honest with you when you aren't being honest with them to start off with. I would keep your questions simple, concise, open ended (as in they can't just answer "yes" or "no"), and no more then 20.

By doing this.....you are going to be able to find a TA who really does meet your needs and who you feel you can get along with. Once you've decided on a TA who you feel gave you the best answers.....then you can move on to the other steps. Remember.....planning a Disney trip is like eating an elephant.....you really do want to do it one bite at a time....if you try to consume the whole thing at once....you'll fail every time!!
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by blyday View Post
    Zeev,

I can tell that you have read some information out there (much of which isn't accurate....including the Little Mermaid Rooms disappearing so quickly) but right now....honestly....none of that has anything to do with your question....about how to find a good TA.

So....I'm going to take this conversation back to where it belongs. You have 14 months to sort out the rest and learn how to make an itinerary that will give your family the optimal Disney World experience, etc.

Finding a good TA who will help you out has nothing to do with numbers. So....your plans to call Disney to get numbers and then contact several TAs to get their numbers is going to give you absolutely nothing. And....as a TA....I have to be honest with you....if I knew that someone was sending out several quote requests to several different TAs as a "test".....I wouldn't waste my time responding. There are a few TAs on this site who are going to feel the same way. We are all being very honest with you here when we tell you that you are going to get the exact same prices from every TA you contact....and whenever a TA puts in the time to send out quotes, they are hoping you will book with them so that they can actually make some money. When you play TAs like that....it isn't fair nor is it very polite.

So....instead of doing the quote thing.....I recommend that you "interview" TAs. What I mean by this is that you should actually put together a questionnaire that you send out to a few different TAs. Start with maybe 3-5 different TAs (and realized that not all TAs in each company are equal....so interviewing multiple TAs within a company is fine also.) Let them know you are shopping around for a TA to help you with your trip. Give them your basic information (that you are coming from Israel, that this is a second trip for your family, it will be you and your 2 daughters, you will have 22 days, you are interested in staying at AoA, POR Royal Rooms and Contemporary Club Level over the course of your trip and ask their advice on how to best do this to optimize your stay as well as possible discounts. Ask them questions like how long they have been doing this for, if they have worked with foreign clients in the past, what are their feelings about pushing clients to upgrade when upgrades aren't needed, what specific services do they offer (such as itinerary planning, making dining reservations, etc), do they ever charge any change fees or additional fees that Disney does not charge and if so, what are they, and other questions that will help you see if this person fits your specific needs. This questionairre is honest about what you are doing and will go a long way in setting up a good foundation for the relationship with your TA. After all.....how can you expect someone to be honest with you when you aren't being honest with them to start off with. I would keep your questions simple, concise, open ended (as in they can't just answer "yes" or "no"), and no more then 20.

By doing this.....you are going to be able to find a TA who really does meet your needs and who you feel you can get along with. Once you've decided on a TA who you feel gave you the best answers.....then you can move on to the other steps. Remember.....planning a Disney trip is like eating an elephant.....you really do want to do it one bite at a time....if you try to consume the whole thing at once....you'll fail every time!!
    Brilliant.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
    If you're going to book using the free dining promotion then you'll want that to be the first part of your actual Disney stay since you'll have tickets attached to that package. You can upgrade the tickets that you purchase with this package to the APs at one of the parks. You wouldn't buy the APs ahead of time.
    =============================

The only problem is I do want to use AP to get a discount on my expensive Contemporary concierge reservation.

If I only buy AP at the parks I will not be able to get the discount when I book my room.

However, If I can use my AP even during the time I have a package
    after I used the single day tickets then there isn't any problem,is there???

Quote Originally Posted by whatchadoon View Post
    - Yes, 9-midnight for so many days will be tiring... which is why I would suggest no WDW parks after other parks.

- Even if you have the energy to run the 22 days at a sprint (9-12, no naps), I don't know if your kids will be able to, especially the one who will be 12. It does get tiring. Then people get grouchy, and it's not pleasant.

- As to getting to the parks at 11-12...

9-11 am is the GOLDEN time, when you can get through so much. You are considering missing all of that, and getting to the park RIGHT when it gets crazy. If you take away NOTHING else from all we have said, please re-consider this one. Get there before rope drop, rest mid-day if needed.
    =======================

I remind you my daughters are ages 12 and 16.

They are full of energy...alot more than their dad

Just last month we traveled to Garadaland Italy and been there from 10 am to almost 11 pm.

I was exchausted but they could just go on and on...

So the long days really don't bother me but this is the great advantage
    of staying on-site that we can always decide even at the last moment
    we will start our morning a little bit later if we so much need 1-2 more hours to sleep.

And yes, I am aware the parks get crowded at noon but...remeber this is october and I do have 22 days...

If we start the day at a later hour we can start with somthing relaxing like tom sawyer island and leave the big attractions to the afternoon/get fastpass.

Only thing I have to take in consideration is not going to a big park like IOA right after I've spent EMH at MK the night before.

If I get late to Harry potter I know I will have to prepare myself to very very long lines!!!

And just to correct you,fact I insist on all the small details doesn't mean I don't take all your great advices into consideration.

As I mentioned before my theme parks vacations with my daughters(2 disney fanatics just like me) always seem strange and very differnet from most
    family vacations and of course our needs are also quite different.

That doen't mean we don't know how to enjoy ourself in great ways...

It just means we have a different way of looking at things...that's all.

And to me the big differnce between a good TA and a great TA is that
    a great one will go with his clients throug all their demands,cleverly
    help them understant when it's better for them to change their plans
    and in the end the client will think it's them who did everything to make a vacation
    out of this world.

TA who think they know everything and insist their client wil
    obey every advice they give can work with a lot of clients
    who does'nt know anything but no way they could work
    with a client like me who insist understanding everything
    and is not willing to accept any advice for granted.

I get it, really I do. It's likely to be a once-in-a-lifetime thing, that you and your kids will remember forever. That makes it feel much more necessary for you to get it "right" than if you were at WDW all the time. You get one shot at this, and it is all on you to do it right for you and your kids.

And I get that at this point you don't need specific answers to specific questions as such, but more "macro-level" help - a sounding board, as it were - how to wrestle the whole 22 days into the "perfect" trip. All the parts are pieces of the whole, and it is difficult to separate them in your head at this point.

This far out, your plans will of necessity still be fluid. From experience, you will probably go through a dozen different variations, each a bit different than the last, each with its pros and cons. It is challenging for us to help at that level, though. There are a million different possibilities as to how it can all come together, and only you can decide what sits right with you.

My suggestion would be to get the kids involved (especially the one who will be 16). Figure out what your priorities are. Write a list of questions. For example (these are just a few - there are MANY others):

- Are you okay with driving?

- Do you want to even consider staying in a condo? (For that you need a car - otherwise Mears/taxi/resort transport can handle it.) Or is the theme park bubble (be it Disney only or WDW/Universal) of greater importance?

- Do you want to eat all your meals at theme parks/restaurants? (So you know if you need a place with kitchen facilities.)

There are no right or wrong answers to these questions. You are just determining what is important to you. Once you and the kids have the answers to those kind of questions, certain things just fall away, and certain options are logically left. Then you have a sort of shape that you (and we) can better work with.
    =====================================

First I have to complement you and say I like reading your responses and the fact you seem
    to be able to get into my head(not such an easy thing to do).

Contrary to what some responses here indicated I'm researching the internet for this trip for over a year now
    and I think I know the major big and good websites like allears and dis and others...

It's strange this is supposed to be a gift vacation to my younger daughter for her 12 birthday
    and between the 3 of us she is the least involved and counts on many decisions I discuss
    with her older sister.

My older daugher is like her father and likes to know every little details.

We both joined many disney groups on facebook and groups of a lot
    of ADVP and it's so much fun opening facebbok and read so many great messages
    about wdw.

Up until this discussion I was sure I know more or less how my vacation is goning to look.

right now I'm not even sure about resorts I'm going to book.

I'm only sure of dates of travel,of the 5 contemporary nights at the end of the vacation
    and I'm sure I will spend a lot more days at Disney property then off-site.

But there still remain a lot of small details to close and doing math for budgettig every option
    is not simple.

However, I do intend contact TA starting next week.

Maybe from their answers the picture will get more clear.

Regarding the questions you asked-

1. I have no problem driving specially not in Orlando.

did that for 2 weeks when we stayed at road 192 kissimee.

I did got lost a few times and found myself in fort wilderness at midnight instead of the highway
    but every mistake was corrected soon enough and now days we have GPS so it's even easier.

One thing I will not do is drive to busch gardens in my rented car.

It's a long drive and I don't see the need If SW offers free shuttle.

2. The condo option is just not for me.

You have to remember my family is a one parent family(I'm divorced)
    and condo means I will have to do some shopping and prepare food.

We come to this vacation for fun and want to enjoy pampering ourselfs with
    all the Disney resort services.

Only thougt I am considering and talked about it with my daughters is going to Universal resort
    for a few nights.

Right now I don't see how this can save me a lot of money but if so
    it could be I will decide to go with this plan.

Zeev,

=======================

Hello again Brenda,

Having read your helful response I can see now why you are so appreciated on these forums.

I agree with a lot of what you wrote but not every single word

I don't agree TA should not be tested by clients trying to figure which TA to choose.

When I got my job my empolyer did some test to see if I fit his
    organization so why can't a client decide which TA is best for him by
    the response he gets on his quote request?

I assume a big vacation like mine is going to get the TA quite a big commision
    (we are talking 3 reservations and 22 days).

Isn't that a compensation for the effort of preparing the quote?!

Second,

Most ADVP websites allow requesting quotes even if at the end
    the client will go along with a different TA.

This means the ADVP not only take the risk but also
    respect client decision to go elsewhere with hope he will return in the future
    (after all...nothing personal here...)

Having wrote that I'm really not convinced there is anything ethically wrong with
    my original plan to request quotes from TA.

However, you did succedd convincing me a personal mail will be much more effective
    than a quote request.

I also think my complicated vacation will not exactly fit the standart quote requests forms I see in all ADVP websites.

As to the 20 questions you suggested I'm not sure I will take every idea you wrote but I sure liked lots of them:

I think the email I sent should start with a brief description of my vacation and asking
    the TA opinion and some number figures to understand if it fits budget limit.

A question about working with foreign tourist(specially ISRAEL) is a great idea.

The rest of the questions you mentioned I don't think I need because everything is written clearly on the ADVP
    website.

Anything else important I should ask???

(not sure I can come up with even 10 questiones...not even 5)

Peanut butter is yummy.
    This threads seems to have come full circle, too bad we were not really able to help you thru the past 3 pages of suggestions/advice.
    You apparently have your mind set on your plan.

However, I do intend contact TA starting next week.
    Good luck with that. I hope you are able to find an agent that is willing to work with you and that will give you the answers you want to hear.

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    Brenda is very wise and she knows what she's talking about. Frankly, I don't see how you can even ask for quotes since you're not sure even about which dates you want at which resorts. This is where the questionaire comes in. You won't be able to begin getting any kind of realistic quotes for your options until you've had several in depth conversations with your TA. A good TA will need to help you figure out which dates you'll be at each resorts as well as the different ticket options for the places you want to go in order to come up with the quotes (probably a few different quotes based on multiple options).

=============================

The only problem is I do want to use AP to get a discount on my expensive Contemporary concierge reservation.

If I only buy AP at the parks I will not be able to get the discount when I book my room.

However, If I can use my AP even during the time I have a package
    after I used the single day tickets then there isn't any problem,is there???
    You can book an AP rate without having the AP yet. As long as you have the AP to show when you check in at the resort at which you have the AP rate then you're good.

Yes you can use the AP while you're there with the package.

Quote Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
    Brenda is very wise and she knows what she's talking about. Frankly, I don't see how you can even ask for quotes since you're not sure even about which dates you want at which resorts. This is where the questionaire comes in. You won't be able to begin getting any kind of realistic quotes for your options until you've had several in depth conversations with your TA. A good TA will need to help you figure out which dates you'll be at each resorts as well as the different ticket options for the places you want to go in order to come up with the quotes (probably a few different quotes based on multiple options).

You can book an AP rate without having the AP yet. As long as you have the AP to show when you check in at the resort at which you have the AP rate then you're good.

Yes you can use the AP while you're there with the package.
    ======================

Thank you so much for your response.

I was thinking of ordering AP without activating it just so I enjoy
    the discounts on resort rooms but if this can be done without even
    ordering AP from advnance I guess it's better cause that way
    I can make changes if new disounts will arrive later during the year
    and maybe even decide I don't need the AP.

You are absolutely right, it's almost impossible preparing
    a quote without even having dates for every resort.

But just to remind I did have dates and reorts to start with:

25/9- 6/10 AOA
    6/10 - 11/10 POR
    11/10-16/10 CONTEMPORARY

I was thinking to begin with these figures just so I'll have a starting
    point to discuss with the TA.

I guess I will choose the TA which will have the ideas I will like the most and of course
    will have enough patiance to hear me out and understand my needs.

Trust,good relationship and of course professionalizm all these together and I'm sure I will have
    a superb vacation.

This is my favourite thread of all time.
    November 2009 Disneyland Paris - Dream Castle, DH, DD(17 months) and I
    November 2010 Disneyland Paris - Dream Castle, DH, DD(2 1/2) and I
    November 2012 Disneyland Paris - Disney's New York Hotel DH, DD (4 1/2) and DS (19 months) and I
    October 2014 Walt Disney World - Wilderness Lodge for 14 nights - yay!

You are absolutely right, it's almost impossible preparing
    a quote without even having dates for every resort.

But just to remind I did have dates and reorts to start with:

I was thinking to begin with these figures just so I'll have a starting
    point to discuss with the TA.

I guess I will choose the TA which will have the ideas I will like the most and of course
    will have enough patiance to hear me out and understand my needs.

Trust,good relationship and of course professionalizm all these together and I'm sure I will have
    a superb vacation.

I get that you want to get the most value for your money, but it's not as if TAs can pull prices out of thin air. So if you ask for 3 nights at POR from Sept 23-26, it's not that you will get quotes of $360, $200 and $2500. So asking for a quote request does not get you the information that you really need.

What you need is to find a TA whose personality matches your own, and who understands where you are coming from. Be upfront about who you are and your own personality, and you will have a much better chance of getting a TA that can meet your needs...

A few personal letters to a few TAs outlining the basics should give you enough feedback so you can make a choice.

So, maybe include something like this...

I am interested in visiting Orlando next year for 22 days with my two daughters, who will be 12 and 16 at the time of travel.

I will be coming from Israel, and my travel dates are fixed at * and *. We are interested in visiting WDW and all the other major Orlando area attractions.

We have tentative resort and park plans, but we are willing to make modifications in order to save money and/or have the best experience.

I would like to find a TA who can help my family have the best vacation possible. While I want to rely on the experience and expertise of my TA, it is also VERY important to me that I fully understand and be an integral part of the process,
    since this will be a once-in-a lifetime experience for us.

I realize that this may at times become inconvenient, so I am hoping to find a travel agent who also "specializes", as it were, in dealing with clients who have a bit of a tendency to micro-manage and back-seat drive.

Then ask the other questions you have (from Brenda's list or otherwise), and send it out there to a few TAs.You should hopefully find a
    TA who feels that they are equipped to help you, and whose response resonates with you.

Then you begin the process of thrashing out your options with that one TA. It will take many conversations and a lot of back and forth to winnow down exactly what you want to do on your 22 days.

I hope you find the TA that's right for you, and that you and your daughters have a great vacation.

I get that you want to get the most value for your money, but it's not as if TAs can pull prices out of thin air. So if you ask for 3 nights at POR from Sept 23-26, it's not that you will get quotes of $360, $200 and $2500. So asking for a quote request does not get you the information that you really need.

What you need is to find a TA whose personality matches your own, and who understands where you are coming from. Be upfront about who you are and your own personality, and you will have a much better chance of getting a TA that can meet your needs...

A few personal letters to a few TAs outlining the basics should give you enough feedback so you can make a choice.

I am interested in visiting Orlando next year for 22 days with my two daughters, who will be 12 and 16 at the time of travel.

I will be coming from Israel, and my travel dates are fixed at * and *. We are interested in visiting WDW and all the other major Orlando area attractions.

We have tentative resort and park plans, but we are willing to make modifications in order to save money and/or have the best experience.

I would like to find a TA who can help my family have the best vacation possible. While I want to rely on the experience and expertise of my TA, it is also VERY important to me that I fully understand and be an integral part of the process,

I realize that this may at times become inconvenient, so I am hoping to find a travel agent who also "specializes", as it were, in dealing with clients who have a bit of a tendency to micro-manage and back-seat drive.

Then ask the other questions you have (from Brenda's list or otherwise), and send it out there to a few TAs.You should hopefully find a
    TA who feels that they are equipped to help you, and whose response resonates with you.

Then you begin the process of thrashing out your options with that one TA. It will take many conversations and a lot of back and forth to winnow down exactly what you want to do on your 22 days.

I hope you find the TA that's right for you, and that you and your daughters have a great vacation.

============================
    I'm absolutlly speachless.

Your message suggestion is sooo great.

I only need to add the names of the resort I was thinking of
    and of course ask if they have experience with tourist from ISRAEL
    or at least other foreign tourists.

The message to the the israeli TA will be slightly different and I will also need
    to think what to write to Diseny directly because I do want to get
    their figures too.

I was thinking of starting with let's say 5 TA.

I'm really determine to begin booking by the end of September so that's the max
    period I'm willing to wait while doing all the correspondance.

Hopefully I will find the right TA for me even earlier....

OP, I completely understand not taking every little piece of advice given, but really, can you PLEASE start new topics in the proper threads for your questions? Any other forum would have locked this one long ago since it's so crazy off-topic and hard to follow, we're much more laid back here, but it's time to move on.

Disney Travel will not respond to a written request, you can call them, or just check prices yourself on their website.

Peanut butter is yummy.
    will also need
    to think what to write to Diseny directly because I do want to get
    their figures too.
    As Pam has said- Disney will not respond to a letter- you can look up prices on their website.

Also wanted to remind you that Disney quotes should be exactly the same as all TA's quotes-(as far as room, pkg, tickets, dining).

I am pretty sure that bit was explained to you previously.

Every TA I know would be happy to get a letter like that. Very informative.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pfalcioni View Post
    OP, I completely understand not taking every little piece of advice given, but really, can you PLEASE start new topics in the proper threads for your questions? Any other forum would have locked this one long ago since it's so crazy off-topic and hard to follow, we're much more laid back here, but it's time to move on.
    As long as our awesome users keep providing tons of helpful information, there's really no incentive. We're too dang nice! (Sorry for the salty language)
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

True, Doc. Helpfulness and snark are my knee-jerk reaction to most things. Usually in equal measure.

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar

This is exactly the type of letter that I was suggesting. Simply asking for quotes from several TAs is akin to interviewing an Engineer for a job and asking them to answer a serious of math questions such as "3x3= ?" as the entire interview. Every candidate is going to give the same answers so nothing is learned. Reaching out and asking for TAs to actually share their information with you as well as you being straight forward and telling them where you are coming from is a great way to start off a good relationship with a TA. Then.....once you have found the TA whose personality and work style match what you are looking for...then it will be time to ask for that quote. Putting in the time to get a quote for a client is part of the job.....we just don't like being played with which is what your original plan really is. I agree with Judy.....there isn't a TA worth anything who wouldn't take the time to answer a letter that is like the one started here. After all...that is about 5-10 minutes of time spent to answer your questions verses 30-60 minutes compiling a quote. And of course.....as you narrow down the list based on this format....then you can take it a step further and actually talk to them on the phone and see how your personalities fit that way also. Getting real information from a TA is not only a good idea....but the way that I'd recommend anyone search for a TA. Getting a bunch a quotes that are all going to be basically identical is simply a waste of everyone's time.

I'm glad to hear that you are going this route....I'm sure that you will have a much better experience doing so.
    Brenda

This is exactly the type of letter that I was suggesting. Simply asking for quotes from several TAs is akin to interviewing an Engineer for a job and asking them to answer a serious of math questions such as "3x3= ?" as the entire interview. Every candidate is going to give the same answers so nothing is learned. Reaching out and asking for TAs to actually share their information with you as well as you being straight forward and telling them where you are coming from is a great way to start off a good relationship with a TA. Then.....once you have found the TA whose personality and work style match what you are looking for...then it will be time to ask for that quote. Putting in the time to get a quote for a client is part of the job.....we just don't like being played with which is what your original plan really is. I agree with Judy.....there isn't a TA worth anything who wouldn't take the time to answer a letter that is like the one started here. After all...that is about 5-10 minutes of time spent to answer your questions verses 30-60 minutes compiling a quote. And of course.....as you narrow down the list based on this format....then you can take it a step further and actually talk to them on the phone and see how your personalities fit that way also. Getting real information from a TA is not only a good idea....but the way that I'd recommend anyone search for a TA. Getting a bunch a quotes that are all going to be basically identical is simply a waste of everyone's time.

I'm glad to hear that you are going this route....I'm sure that you will have a much better experience doing so.
    ========================================

Just want to share a thought...

I figured if I take 9 nights at POR ,
    continue with 7 nights at HARD ROCK
    buying a flex ticket for al my off-site attractions
    and finishing with 5 nights at the concierge contemporary
    I might just squeez it to my 19,000 budget.

That way I will need the rented car only for the universal part of my trip
    so that's less days to pay for rented car and will be able to make use of the magical express for both ways.

Again it's just a thought that came up reading all your great respones
    but I did check the numbers on Disney and Universal websites and it seems it can be done.