Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: First Annual easyWDW Fantasy Football League

I'm also in the first league and would be happy to play in the second league as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ambgoph View Post
    I'm also in the first league and would be happy to play in the second league as well.
    Thanks. I added you to the list.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

I received another request (via email) for the second league. At this point, I only need 1 more person to sign up and we will have enough.

Depending on the final numbers of each, I may also need to ask a team or two to switch from one league to the other to even things out a little (in addition to the people that were willing to have multiple teams).

Anyone want the last guaranteed spot??
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

Ditzy Dorys are signed up. I am going to be the commissioner of the 2nd league. I am Micah008's wife.

Quote Originally Posted by swyss View Post
    Ditzy Dorys are signed up. I am going to be the commissioner of the 2nd league. I am Micah008's wife.
    Nice to have you join.

Since we only need one more person (Ditzy Dorys was already part of the count), I went ahead and created the second league, and I will send out invitations right away. To anyone on the waiting list, check your PM and/or email and you will see the invite. Make sure to get signed up to get your spot before I open the league up to more people.
    Last edited by Micah008; 08-23-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    Micah

MousePerks

Dreamfinders are in the second league.

Do you still have room? I think I'd like to join if you're still looking for people

Quote Originally Posted by cdmurphy727 View Post
    Do you still have room? I think I'd like to join if you're still looking for people
    Yes, we have one more for sure. I will send you the invitation right away, check for a PM.

For anyone else, please still let me know if you are interested in case we have anyone end up not being able to do it.
    Micah

MousePerks

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    Yes, we have one more for sure. I will send you the invitation right away, check for a PM.

For anyone else, please still let me know if you are interested in case we have anyone end up not being able to do it.
    Yeah!!!!!!!!

The teams in the first League are locked, the draft order and schedule are both randomized, and I setup the roster spots we will use. We ended up with a 10 team league, in order to balance out the numbers across the two different leagues.

I left the roster spots mostly the Yahoo defaults, but I added a Flex position and an extra Bench spot to give everyone a little more flexibility (especially since we have some people that are new to Fantasy Football).

Here is the draft order:
    1 - Auto's Animatronics (Auto)
    2 - Alex's Team (???)
    3 - The Ugly Stepsisters (ahsteinert)
    4 - BnL Garbage Men (Strangeite)
    5 - The Incredibles (jilly7896)
    6 - Gaston's Gluttons (Mud_Shark)
    7 - Figment's Phenoms (ambgoph)
    8 - Woody's Roundup (dirtnap101)
    9 - Lost Boys (Micah008 - Commish)
    10- Donald Duck Dynasty (nolarookie)

Here are the final roster spots we will use:
    1 QB
    2 WR
    2 RB
    1 TE
    1 WR/RB/TE (Flex)
    1 K
    1 DEF
    7 Bench

Scoring is the Yahoo Default scoring for everything.
    See Scoring and Settings in the league for more detail.
    Micah

MousePerks

A ten team league is perfect. Plus I got the #1 pick, I feel a big year for Auto's Animatronics!
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." -- Ferris Bueller

WDW: 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2013, 2016
    DLP: 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    Disney Magic Mediterranean Cruise 2018

We are still waiting for 2 of the teams to sign up for the second league. If anyone is interested in being in the league please let me know and I will get you the invite. Thanks.
    Micah

MousePerks

Can you include me in the 2nd team?!? And when is that draft??

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyW View Post
    Can you include me in the 2nd team?!? And when is that draft??
    PM sent. The draft for the second league is on Monday 9/2 at 8:00pm Eastern.
    Micah

MousePerks

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    PM sent. The draft for the second league is on Monday 9/2 at 8:00pm Eastern.
    Perfect - I should be nice and drunk from my Labor day festivities to draft a stellar team ;) Thank you!

I'm official - Gridiron Glitch is in the house!!

known as jane elsewhere, but her friends call her meannatasha

Mock draft #1

So. I did a mock draft tonight with help from the teenager around the corner. He gave me the basis, lowdown on strategy; which I get. I'm also emotionally involved; so i don't really care that much about winning, just learning how all the pieces fit. (Not sure I can ever pick anyone from Pittsburgh). I hung in there for the first so many rounds and then, experimented with the auto pic. So here's what I ended up with. Strange, I know. Again, does it really matter? Not like I'm planning a Disney trip with real live people or anything. Any advise would be appreciated. I was the only one that picked a defense so high. Is that the norm?
    1. Ray Rice (Bal - RB)
    2. Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
    3. Brandon Weeden (Cle - QB)
    4. Darren Sproles (NO - RB)
    5. Jacoby Jones (Bal - WR)
    6. Anquan Boldin (SF - WR)
    7. Jordan Cameron (Cle - TE)
    8. Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
    9. Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
    10. Joe Flacco (Bal - QB)
    11. Percy Harvin (Sea - WR)
    12. Santana Moss (Was - WR)
    13. LaMichael James (SF - RB)
    14. Davone Bess (Cle - WR)
    15. Ryan Succop (KC - K)

SOG Nov 2004, March 2006, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2011, Jan 2013, May 2013, Dec 2013, Oct 2014, Jan 2015, Oct 2015, Dec 2015 (I've lost track; many more).
    DLR March 2011
    Offsite Oct 2012, Jan 2013, April 2013, May 2015, Aug 2015, December 2017

The teams in the second League are also locked, the draft order and schedule are both randomized, and I setup the roster spots we will use. This is also a 10 team league, with the exact same settings so it will be fun to compare the two leagues.

I left the roster spots mostly the Yahoo defaults, but I added a Flex position and an extra Bench spot to give everyone a little more flexibility (especially since we have some people that are new to Fantasy Football).

Here is the draft order:
    1 - Pillaging Pirates (cdmurphy727)
    2 - Alison's Team (Silvie23)
    3 - Fairest Of Them All (famouschinesecontroller)
    4 - Ditzy Dorys (swyss - Commish) (DW of Micah008)
    5 - Dreamfinders (ambgoph)
    6 - Gridiron Glitch (BeckyW)
    7 - Mr Ray's Class (Crazyprof)
    8 - Grim Grinning Grudens (claytonia)
    9 - Snuggly Ducklings (Valgoof)
    10- Flotsam and Jetsam (Mud_Shark)

Here are the final roster spots we will use:
    1 QB
    2 WR
    2 RB
    1 TE
    1 WR/RB/TE (Flex)
    1 K
    1 DEF
    7 Bench

Scoring is the Yahoo Default scoring for everything.
    See Scoring and Settings in the league for more detail.
    Micah

MousePerks

Quote Originally Posted by famouschinesecontroller View Post
    So. I did a mock draft tonight with help from the teenager around the corner. He gave me the basis, lowdown on strategy; which I get. I'm also emotionally involved; so i don't really care that much about winning, just learning how all the pieces fit. (Not sure I can ever pick anyone from Pittsburgh). I hung in there for the first so many rounds and then, experimented with the auto pic. So here's what I ended up with. Strange, I know. Again, does it really matter? Not like I'm planning a Disney trip with real live people or anything. Any advise would be appreciated. I was the only one that picked a defense so high. Is that the norm?
    1. Ray Rice (Bal - RB)
    2. Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
    3. Brandon Weeden (Cle - QB)
    4. Darren Sproles (NO - RB)
    5. Jacoby Jones (Bal - WR)
    6. Anquan Boldin (SF - WR)
    7. Jordan Cameron (Cle - TE)
    8. Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
    9. Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
    10. Joe Flacco (Bal - QB)
    11. Percy Harvin (Sea - WR)
    12. Santana Moss (Was - WR)
    13. LaMichael James (SF - RB)
    14. Davone Bess (Cle - WR)
    15. Ryan Succop (KC - K)
    The first goal of a Mock Draft is to make sure it works properly on your computer, and you are comfortable with how it works. Success!

As far as rankings ... I have sent a PM to everyone in both leagues with some links to some different "expert" rankings you can use. Since we are just doing this for fun, if you want to take players or teams that you really like, there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone has different motivation for playing, and you may just want to cheer for your favorite players or teams. But be aware that taking too many players on the same team is normally not a recipe for victory. :)

As far as taking a Defense (and Kicker) this early, if you are using Auto-pick Yahoo will automatically fill in all of your starting spots (including Defense/Kicker) before they do any bench spots. In my opinion there are only a couple Defenses that are worth taking that early, otherwise I usually wait until round 12 or later. Kicker is the same way in my opinion, I would normally wait, but there are a few that may be worth taking a little earlier.

Now that the draft order has been set, I would recommend doing a Mock Draft in the actual position that you will be in for the draft.
    Micah

MousePerks

known as jane elsewhere, but her friends call her meannatasha
    Is there a tutorial or link explaining how the points or scoring works? The teenager kept talking about "you get so many points for this, and this", but I really had no idea what he was talking about. Thanks.

SOG Nov 2004, March 2006, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2011, Jan 2013, May 2013, Dec 2013, Oct 2014, Jan 2015, Oct 2015, Dec 2015 (I've lost track; many more).
    DLR March 2011
    Offsite Oct 2012, Jan 2013, April 2013, May 2015, Aug 2015, December 2017

Quote Originally Posted by famouschinesecontroller View Post
    Is there a tutorial or link explaining how the points or scoring works? The teenager kept talking about "you get so many points for this, and this", but I really had no idea what he was talking about. Thanks.
    From within the League, click on League -> Scoring and Settings and you will see the complete list. I stuck with the Yahoo defaults for all scoring.
    Micah

MousePerks

Quick question - is the 2nd round just opposite order? Or is it random throughout? I can't access yahoo via my work computer, so I apologize if this is answered elsewhere!

the draft order will snake. That is, in round 2, the first will be last and the last will be first. It will then continue to flip flop each round.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud_Shark View Post
    the draft order will snake. That is, in round 2, the first will be last and the last will be first. It will then continue to flip flop each round.
    That's what I figured - Thanks!