Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: "FP is a Free For All"

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post

Oh and to also add, having the ability to pull so many FP with so many cards is great, but the ability to actually use all of those FP's doesnt always work out. We gave more away this trip than any other and I kept "losing" my real room/dining plan key in with the pile of the ones we had gotten from the week.
    We ended up giving a lot away.

Having two sources for FP's allowed DW and I to share the FP gathering duties. It also helped with a late start in AK. We'd usually FP then ride EE at RD. We arrived around 9:45. I got double EE FP's while DW and the kids rode PW, then we all rode Dino. Next we then used the EE FP's. So we got our two rides in on EE.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

he's right
    We have the "ten minute rule". If something goes 101, and it last more than ten minutes, we assume the downtime will be unbounded. There is the rare attraction that we will still wait for, but only if it (a) does not have Fastpass and (b) generates a hideous line. The three attractions that come immediately to mind in this category are Toy Story in Anaheim, and Crush's Coaster or the RC Car in Walt Disney Studios Paris.

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    We utilized the extra FPs while we were there but only using our current room keys and tickets (they were separate). We mostly did it for times when it just wasn't convenient to get the child swap because the child was in a different part of the park but the adults with the little wanted to ride also. It really helped out that way. We did often end up with 2-4 unused tickets that we actually had a good time handing out to some poor family who'd just walked up to the line and did the "70 minute wait? Do we really want to wait 70 minutes? I think we should leave." We'd hand them the FPs and watch those disappointed faces of the kids light up as well as the parents as they stepped right into the FP line. That really is one thing that I will really miss when FP+ comes out!! Only once did we end up with a FP that wasn't used by either us or someone else. Oh.....and a favorite....we had 2 FPs for ToT we were trying to get rid of and another family had 3 they were trying to get rid of.....we hooked up our efforts and happened to find a family of 5 who really wanted to ride but not wait for 75 minutes to do so!!!

Anyway......we did find that using the extra FPs worked for us on occasions but honestly.....I doubt that we would have used it much if at all if we hadn't had the Little with us. In fact.....we only used all of our cards at the same time maybe 4 or 5 times the entire 7 days we were in the parks.
    Brenda

near Cleveland OH (but out in the country)
    Quote Originally Posted by blyday View Post
    We did often end up with 2-4 unused tickets that we actually had a good time handing out to some poor family who'd just walked up to the line and did the "70 minute wait? Do we really want to wait 70 minutes? I think we should leave." We'd hand them the FPs and watch those disappointed faces of the kids light up as well as the parents as they stepped right into the FP line. That really is one thing that I will really miss when FP+ comes out!! Only once did we end up with a FP that wasn't used by either us or someone else. Oh.....and a favorite....we had 2 FPs for ToT we were trying to get rid of and another family had 3 they were trying to get rid of.....we hooked up our efforts and happened to find a family of 5 who really wanted to ride but not wait for 75 minutes to do so!!!
    Talk about some "Disney Magic"!

Quote Originally Posted by TheButterBunny View Post
    Feeling quite sorry for myself now as the only old KTTW cards I have had tickets on them!
    It would have been brilliant to be able to grab an extra set!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    If you're still here, try it. I bet it'll work.
    I'm guessing that it WOULDN'T work, based on my experiences today.

Two in our party stayed home. I took all our cards with us, and here's what worked and what didn't:

Current KTTW room keys (with no ticket on them) - worked.
    Annual Passes used to enter the park - worked.
    Annual Passes for those who stayed home - didn't work.

So it does seem pretty likely that KTTW keys with room tickets would probably only work if you've entered the park. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks for posting your experience - I'm not holding out much hope for the old KTTW cards with tix attached working, but I might as well take them and try all the same. :)

Yes, today ds had trouble with his magic band entering the park, and it didn't register. So when I tried to pull a FP using his KTTW, I got the dreaded "This is not a valid ticket" ticket.
    Abby - I have kids.

josh's date at akershus stevenmilz's Avatar
    Hopefully old KTTW cards without tickets on them work fine. We leave tomorrow.
    kttw.jpg
    Steve
    Offsite (Jul 87, Nov 09, Feb 13) Disney Institute (Jun 97) CR (Aug 81, Aug 83, Aug 86, May 10) BLT (Dec 10, Sep 11) FW/VWL (Nov 10) Poly (Mar 11, May 11) BC/BCV (Dec 11, Mar 12, Jan 13) BWI/BWV (May 12, Dec 12, May 13, Sep 13, Mar 14, Sep 14) SSR (Oct 11) YC (Oct 12) Swan (Oct 13) WBC (Dec 13, May 14, Dec 14) Pop (Oct 14) POFQ (Jan 15, Mar 15, Sep 15, Oct 15, Jan 16, Sep 16, Nov 16, Mar 17, May 17) CBR (Dec 15) ASMo (Dec 16)

fizboBunny
    ^^ YES!

I checked last night and I have two sets of KTTW with no room keys attached. I always kept them separate because I didn't want to hand off my whole world (room key and CC) to a FP runner.

I feel like I'm missing out on some weird, fun experiment.

josh's date at akershus stevenmilz's Avatar
    Just pulled Soarin FPs with KTTW cards from 2012 at 7:00pm. Double score!
    Steve
    Offsite (Jul 87, Nov 09, Feb 13) Disney Institute (Jun 97) CR (Aug 81, Aug 83, Aug 86, May 10) BLT (Dec 10, Sep 11) FW/VWL (Nov 10) Poly (Mar 11, May 11) BC/BCV (Dec 11, Mar 12, Jan 13) BWI/BWV (May 12, Dec 12, May 13, Sep 13, Mar 14, Sep 14) SSR (Oct 11) YC (Oct 12) Swan (Oct 13) WBC (Dec 13, May 14, Dec 14) Pop (Oct 14) POFQ (Jan 15, Mar 15, Sep 15, Oct 15, Jan 16, Sep 16, Nov 16, Mar 17, May 17) CBR (Dec 15) ASMo (Dec 16)

Quote Originally Posted by stevenmilz View Post
    Wow! There were Soarin' FP's left at 7pm...that is a score.
    Michele

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    Very cool! Josh is definitely right that the FP+ activity isn't changing regular FP availability at all, even though some folks have seen a few instances where FP have been gone somewhat earlier in the day than usual.

My question now is how long will they keep the regular FP system running to aid with guest retention once they implement FP+ 'World'-wide.

My KTTW card from 2011 worked today in AK. It did have a tik attached back then, so expired tix can work.
    Abby - I have kids.

Honestly with FP+ and FPs, we haven't been able to use them all. So taking multiple,sets wouldn't be useful to us.
    Abby - I have kids.

I haven't seen anyone else with a band pull FPs. Turns out, someone I worked with 10 years ago is also staying at AKL this week. Not only did she not know you could pull FPs with KTTW cards, she ignored all the emails to select FP+ and personalize magic bands. I have a feeling that's a better representation of the general attendees.
    Last edited by Abbyar; 08-30-2013 at 03:34 AM.
    Abby - I have kids.

waiting for a street car
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbyar View Post
    My KTTW card from 2011 worked today in AK. It did have a tik attached back then, so expired tix can work.
    Now that's exciting news! at least for me. I have 2 KTTW from 2011 with expired tix attached that I want to use in AK in Oct. Hope they work. Thanks for the report!

waiting for a street car
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbyar View Post
    I have a feeling that's a better representation of the general attendees.
    My officemate went for 4 days in June with her son and his family (with 4 yr old and 10 month old). She experienced about 10 attractions the whole trip! I'm not kidding. They had several table service meals each day though.