Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HOLY MOLEY...making FP+ for early August trip RIGHT NOW!

Merida
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutopal14 View Post
    I'm wondering if it will be necessary to have tickets bought ahead of time in order to participate in FP+? We usually get a room only on-site reservation, then buy our tickets at check in. (We've had problems in the past with last minute job conflicts, illness, etc., so a room only is much easier to cancel than a pkg.) We are going in January, so I'll be anxious to hear reports from others going before then.
    I was told that you can add Key to the World tickets to your reservation, which you pay for in full now, but are fully refundable if you need to cancel and they're added to your room key when you check in. It's what I'm going to be doing if FP+ is rolled out by my trip.

will take any rain...even if its men. RoonieRoo's Avatar
    Very soggy, muddy, flooding plains of the Blackland Prairie! Yay for flooding!
    This makes me pretty happy. The one thing that was making me super grouchy and ready to burn down the FP+ house was the tiers that we thought was going to happen. The fact that you aren't restricted on what you can pick headliner-wise makes this a major win for my family. NOW I'm actually excited about it! Thank you so much for posting this information.

I guess I'm a Debbie Downer because I just don't like this system at all (especially the "booking in advance" feature), and I'm not linking my UT tickets to my MDE account for our October trip because I don't want to be a part of the test. Call me crazy, but I'm not down with being Disney's guinea pig on my vacation. There have just been too many glitches in the system for me to get excited about being in the testing group. I don't want to spend any time on my vacation trying to sort out issues with the Magic Band. Or FP+. Or anything. I'm going on vacation to get away from stress, not to voluntarily expose myself to it!

I'm glad there are others excited about it, though. I'm soaking up all the information that comes my way!

My dates are Aug 19-30 and I just checked and my Fastpass+ are available to be picked too. Thanks for the heads up Clayton otherwise I never would have checked. We have a solid itinerary set to go so hopefully we can pick our Fastpass+ times to our advantage.

Now will we still have access to regular Fastpass as well? Or do I give that up by making Fastpass+ choices?

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by famouschinesecontroller View Post
    This is huge. Won't effect me though. We always stay at Shades of Green. Brenda; how is this going to make your job as an agent easier/harder?
    For me specifically....it won't make a difference either way because I pay Judy and Help Around the Mouse to do the itinerary planning for my clients!! Although....knowing everything that is going on and keeping up with it all so that I can answer questions will be very important. I kind of hope that we will be able to use this during our dates (Aug 14-21) because then I will have hands on experience.....which is always helpful.
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by TheButterBunny View Post
    I have a package booked directly with Disney, but it's not showing my tickets, is this normal?
    I'm from the UK and often the site doesn't recognise the UK only stuff (like our 21 day tickets). I hate the thought of it all rolling out and us UK folks not being able to join in purely because the site doesn't recognise our tickets!
    Anyone from the US have their tickets not showing in a package they've booked with Disney?
    Mine just keeps asking me to link tickets!!
    I'd like the answer to this to, if anyone can help. I hope we don't get left behind here in the UK...

(And I hope I don't have to phone America to book my FPs like I've had to with ADRs in the past!)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMiller View Post
    My dates are Aug 19-30 and I just checked and my Fastpass+ are available to be picked too. Thanks for the heads up Clayton otherwise I never would have checked. We have a solid itinerary set to go so hopefully we can pick our Fastpass+ times to our advantage.

Now will we still have access to regular Fastpass as well? Or do I give that up by making Fastpass+ choices?
    We won't be back at WDW for probably 6 or 7 years. But I'm curious about this as well. I am not much of a planner so I wouldn't see myself using this new system at all.
    ~ Jill

Staying Aug 27 - Sep 3, OKW on DVC points, linked old non-expiring tickets to my account, but it wouldn't let me sign up for FP+.

I'd like the answer to this to, if anyone can help. I hope we don't get left behind here in the UK...

(And I hope I don't have to phone America to book my FPs like I've had to with ADRs in the past!)
    Yup, it's a bit frustrating isn't it!
    I use TunnelBear so I can view the US site fine now (Thank God) but it's not acknowledging that I have tickets at all, and I'm not sure how we get round that. :(
    I'm in no rush to jump into this FP+ thing, but equally don't want us to get left behind, as you said.
    I think the fact that we can't even view the site (without a proxy) in the UK is not a positive sign...

Sounds like it's an expanded test from August 2 - 25 with guests staying at Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, and Pop Century.

Yep - I have the option now too ... my dates are 8/2-8/9 and I'm staying at Pop. Looks like Josh's post above is spot on.
    2008: offsite, 2009: Pop Century, 2010: Movies, 2011: Movies, 2012: Pop Century, 2013: Pop Century, 2014: Pop Century,
    2015: AKV-Kidani, 2016: Pop Century, 2017: Pop Century, 2018: Pop Century, 2019: Old Key West

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Sounds like it's an expanded test from August 2 - 25 with guests staying at Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, and Pop Century.
    This is good to know.....so it looks like we are not part of it so no reason to keep adding tickets to our reservation.....which is fine with me!!!
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Thanks for the info! I have several clients who this will potentially affect. Glad I got a heads up!

A couple folks from POR or POFQ also were able to make FP+ reservations for their August trips.

According to the latest from the DIS, unless you received an email from Disney with a code telling you you're part of the test, anything you're able to do online is a "glitch." Imagine that...MDE has a glitch.

I'd be pretty surprised if these don't get wiped away. Disney is not planning a test this wide this soon.

Hmmm. No email, but staying at YC in August. I have access...josh, if u had to guess, am i in the test or not? For those that are suggesting to build the itinerary first and then work with FP+, it is actually not that easy. The attractions available to choose from vary from day to day, as do the times. So for example, if u want to do certain rides with FP, you may actually get them, but only in the evening, so u may want to change your whole day to accommodate that. And you may be able to get space mtn one day and not the other, for example.

the website also says if u use FP+ you cannot use regular system. I wonder if that holds for the disconnected FP rides.

In case anybody cares - I am going Aug 31 - Sept 5 staying at POR. Our tickets and reservations are linked together in MDE, but we aren't in the test. Obviously it's out of the range Josh listed anyway and not one of the selected hotels.
    Next trips -
    July 2019 - Mother/Daughter trip to Morocco and Paris - 1 day in Disneyland Paris
    December 2019 - Disney Magic - Dec 7-12

WDW -
    1993, 1997, 1998, 1999 (Cabins at Ft. Wilderness)
    9/2013 (POR)
    11/2014 (BWV)
    12/2015 (POP)
    9/2017 (CSR)
    8/2018 (POP)
    Disneyland - 2006, 2007, 2009

When I go to MDE, my resort reservation and dining ADRs are all linked. We bought our tickets through Disney as a package, but when I click the ticket link it doesn't show anything. Does it not pop up until we check in? We arrive Sept 11, so I am just trying to be proactive in case FP+ hits during our vacation dates.

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case vatmark's Avatar
    I was wondering with those who have been able to choose times what is the earliest time you have seen?

Ann

Quote Originally Posted by vatmark View Post
    I was wondering with those who have been able to choose times what is the earliest time you have seen?
    Ann
    905-1005 Everest

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMiller View Post
    905-1005 Everest
    same here. But, that does not mean any FP can be gotten for that time. (It was Everest specific and possibly day specific).

I received the email w/the invitation to participate in the testing! I don't think it's necessary for us at AK or HS b/c we like to pull multiple FP for Kali and TSM. That's a BIG concern for me. But I am willing to try it out at EP and one of our MK days.

I called the tech# listed in the email to ask a few questions.

1. Previous testers have been able to use both FP+ as well normal FP in the same day. Is this still available in the testing phase? She said it was not and that is why they are continuing testing. It is not supposed to allow you to obtain FP outside of your selection during that day. She was actually chosen to participate on Thursday and was specifically told that it would not work.

2. Can I choose to test on only 2-3 of my 8 days? Yes, you can. You choose what days you would like to use FP+. On your other days, you will pull FP as normal.
    Last edited by nobie47; 07-16-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    2008: offsite, 2009: Pop Century, 2010: Movies, 2011: Movies, 2012: Pop Century, 2013: Pop Century, 2014: Pop Century,
    2015: AKV-Kidani, 2016: Pop Century, 2017: Pop Century, 2018: Pop Century, 2019: Old Key West

Quote Originally Posted by adrienne a View Post
    For those that are suggesting to build the itinerary first and then work with FP+, it is actually not that easy. The attractions available to choose from vary from day to day, as do the times. So for example, if u want to do certain rides with FP, you may actually get them, but only in the evening, so u may want to change your whole day to accommodate that. And you may be able to get space mtn one day and not the other, for example.
    Actually you can select the "Best Option" they give you after selecting your 3 attractions then click on that attraction after moving to the next screen to change the time for each one based on what is still available. You are not 'stuck' with the option they give you.

Sorry for the delay, peeps...busy day today. I called my travel agent (who also happens to be my sister, the lovely and talented Krista Miller of Mouse Tales Travel...I HIGHLY recommend her) this morning bright and early, dancing with glee like a fat kid with a serendipitous Twinkie, to see what in the world was going on. After a phone call, she confirmed what Josh noted above about the upcoming test. The rep Krista talked to said that it "certainly sounds like" we will be part of the test since we could access the FP+ stuff, although she refused to officially confirm. Here's some fresh news for ya though: she said that if we HAD been Chosen, we would receive an email about 14 days before our check-in date with an official invitation. If we do NOT receive this email, however, we will STILL be able to use the FP's that I have reserved thanks to paper copies that will be issued to us at the Pop front desk. She said that "they" (meaning the hotel staff) "should know exactly what to do." They are apparently trying to cover their bases and plan for the inevitable glitches. She also said they wanted about 8000 people to be part of this test, hence why they chose the resorts they did.

To answer some of the above questions: we have regular ol' 7-Day MYW tix that are part of our package. (We also have single-day water park tickets compliments of Mouse Tales Travel...we "won" them by being one of the first bookings of the summer special. Krista is awesome. I digress. Anyway.) Our tickets have been linked to our reservation in MDE from the beginning. I don't know if this had anything to do with us being potential/alleged/possible Chosen Ones or not. I used MDE on my laptop to do the FP+ thing, but it works (albeit MUCH more slowly and irritatingly) on my phone as well.
    Clayton