Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HOLY MOLEY...making FP+ for early August trip RIGHT NOW!

HOLY MOLEY...making FP+ for early August trip RIGHT NOW!

I just happened to pop over to MDE a few minutes ago, and all of my FP+ links were alive and kicking. I am taking a break from selecting FP+ attractions for my trip to post this. My trip is August 4-10 btw. It kind of makes a schedule for you based on what you asked for and then lets you go back in to edit it any way you want. This is craziness, I was NOT expecting to be able to do this for my trip. I haven't even looked at the MagicBand links, which are apparently live now as well. Wonder if it will stick or if it's a glitch?

Edited to add: I will let you know what I got and when as soon as I'm done.
    Clayton

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    Wow, very very interesting!

Right? And it definitely isn't limiting me to just one headliner a day or whatever. Here's what I ended up with for my boyfriend and me:

Sunday 8/4 (our arrival day...we are planning on hitting the MK in the evening and staying all the way through EMH from 12-2 because we're generally night owls):
    Peter Pan's Flight - 6:50-7:50 p.m.
    JotLM - 7:50-8:50 p.m.
    Wishes (Rose Garden viewing area) - arrive between 9:40 and 9:55 p.m.
    Space Mtn. - 10:45-11:45 p.m.

Monday 8/5 (we're sleeping in, going to Typhoon Lagoon for a while, and then going to Epcot in the evening...we probably won't even use all of these):
    Mission: Space - 5:00-6:00 p.m.
    Test Track - 6:00-7:00 p.m.
    Soarin' - 7:00-8:00 p.m.

Tuesday 8/6 (we have a 10:15 ADR at Kona Cafe, after which we are going to do a modified late arrival day at AK):
    Kilimanjaro Safaris - 2:40-3:40 p.m.
    Kali River Rapids - 4:15-5:15 p.m.
    Expedition Everest - 5:35-6:35 p.m.

Wednesday 8/7 (RD at MK, lunch at Be Our Guest, break, return in the evening):
    Pooh - 10:00-11:00 a.m.
    Splash Mtn. - 8:00-9:00 p.m.
    Haunted Mansion - 9:25-10:25 p.m.
    BTMRR 10:25-11:25 p.m.

Thursday 8/8 (originally planned to do RD at Epcot, but now maybe we'll just mosey in whenever or use that first hour to waltz onto Living with the Land/take pictures of bunnies...we also have a 1:10 p.m. ADR at Biergarten):
    Soarin' - 10:00-11:00 a.m.
    Test Track - 11:00-12:00 p.m.
    Maelstrom (why not?? YOLO) - 3:30-4:30 p.m.

Friday 8/9 (RD at DHS...gonna try to hit TSMM once standby before bopping over to Sunset; we also have an 11:45 a.m. ADR at Sci-Fi and a 7:30 p.m. ADR at Jiko, and we're planning on seeing the 10:30 Fantasmic!):
    Tower of Terror - 9:10-10:10 a.m.
    Rock n' Roller Coaster - 10:20-11:20 a.m.
    TSMM - 2:00-3:00 p.m.

Our departure day is Saturday (8/10), which I am intentionally leaving plan-free so that we can decide that day, but I'll also experiment and see what I can get in the next couple of weeks. I don't have much of a strategy in this brave new world, so feedback is more than welcome. On the other hand, of course, let me know if anybody has questions about the process. Selecting attractions was overall pretty seamless (even as glitchy as MDE can be), and thus far, it's been easy to edit my selections. It seemed to get confused about when my ADR's were at times and frequently asked me to log back in, but those were the only snags.
    Last edited by claytonia; 07-22-2013 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Edited to add changes and Bonus FP+'s for MK
    Clayton

Someone is going to be in a lot of trouble tomorrow.

Haha! Yeah, I get the feeling that it'll all vanish tomorrow (which is just fine with me because I already have a non-FP+ plan ready to go), but it sure is working beautifully right now. I'm not a DISer, but I just glanced over there to see if anybody else is squawking about being able to make FP+ reservations and I don't see anything yet. I feel an evil temptation to post about it just to see what happens.
    Clayton

Oh, and I was wrong about the MagicBand thing being ready. See, the reason I knew I could do FP+ (at least in theory) was because this dialog box popped up asking me to either do that or "customize my MagicBand." The box popped up again when I signed out and signed back in, and this time I chose the MagicBand option, but it just took me to the same ol' page where you can link tickets/bands if you've already got them. And yes, when I signed back in all of my FP+ choices were still there. Hmm. I mean, like I said, I'm cool if they all disappear because my Plan A is solid, but I did spend a fair bit of time fiddling with it and ON SECOND THOUGHT WHERE IS MY ORANGE MAGICBAND AND OH MY GAWD I SPENT SO MUCH TIME ON IT AND THE ONLY THING THAT COULD POSSIBLY EASE MY EXISTENTIAL ANGST IN LOSING MY NEWLY BELOVED FP+ IS A GF UPGRADE RIGHT NOW.
    Clayton

Interesting. I know that all of us who have trips planned in the next few months are keeping a close eye on info like this just in case.

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust! Tinkerkell's Avatar
    I just looked for our Sept. trip and FP+ popped up on my screen, but it was for dates this week and when I hit "OK" to change the dates the screen disappears. ??? The system must have glitches, but at least it's slowly rolling out. Thanks for the info, OP!

Deep breath.

known as jane elsewhere, but her friends call her meannatasha
    This is huge. Won't effect me though. We always stay at Shades of Green. Brenda; how is this going to make your job as an agent easier/harder?

SOG Nov 2004, March 2006, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2011, Jan 2013, May 2013, Dec 2013, Oct 2014, Jan 2015, Oct 2015, Dec 2015 (I've lost track; many more).
    DLR March 2011
    Offsite Oct 2012, Jan 2013, April 2013, May 2015, Aug 2015, December 2017

Wow, can't wait to hear if this sticks or not. :) Were you using the MDE app or the MDE section of the website?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerkell View Post
    I just looked for our Sept. trip and FP+ popped up on my screen, but it was for dates this week and when I hit "OK" to change the dates the screen disappears. ??? The system must have glitches, but at least it's slowly rolling out. Thanks for the info, OP!
    Same here

FP+.JPG

That's awesome. :)

I received a reply back last night about how they plan to manage FP+ for passholders. Their reply makes me wonder if this is more testing.

" That is a great question! We can assure you that we will be communicating more information for our Annual Passholders as we get closer to releasing the MyMagic®+ system. As this system is still in the testing phases we have many aspects of the policies and procedures that we are working to construct. Please rest assured that we will be forwarding this information along to the proper department and be assured that we will be listening and taking feedback the entire time. Please be assured that we will send out communication as soon as it is available.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us."

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Anybody can *take* the feedback. What you have to do is *use* the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by claytonia View Post
    I just happened to pop over to MDE a few minutes ago, and all of my FP+ links were alive and kicking. I am taking a break from selecting FP+ attractions for my trip to post this. My trip is August 4-10 btw. It kind of makes a schedule for you based on what you asked for and then lets you go back in to edit it any way you want. This is craziness, I was NOT expecting to be able to do this for my trip. I haven't even looked at the MagicBand links, which are apparently live now as well. Wonder if it will stick or if it's a glitch?

Edited to add: I will let you know what I got and when as soon as I'm done.
    What tickets are you using? Do you have APs?
    Wonder if you are just part of a test.

Doctor K. Hahaha.....one of my favorite quotes. :)

My FP+ page ga e me this message:

"MyMagic+ Is Almost Here!

Whether you’re participating in the current MyMagic+ test or simply planning an upcoming vacation, be sure to review your information on the My Reservations page to be sure everything is linked to your account.

1. View My Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Reservation

2. View My Theme Park Tickets

With all your plans linked to your account, you'll be ready for exciting new features, like FastPass+ service, as they become available later this year.

Learn More About FastPass+ Service

If you're not participating in FastPass+ testing, please note that same-day FASTPASS service is still available."

Thanks to this thread, i checked my trip. It looks like I have FP+ for our trip aug 20-30, staying at YC with hopper tix, WPfun and more or whatever they are called. I have customized my magic bands and in slight panic mode, picked some FPs, most of which have nothing to do with my original plans. I heard a while ago that those testing FP+ can do regular fps too...can anyone comment? I must say, i truly have no idea how to plan this trip now. For example, if I have fps for space, BTM and another ride from 10-1, what the heck should I do first thing? Still race to space for extra rides or enjoy a slower pace? So confused. (I realize I should do what I want to do...but it is easier to do what I have to do!) I don't know how to deviate from rd, big rides, break, possible return for less popular rides. Now I can ride big rides at 6pm?! Ok, mouse helper was right, deep breath!

Quote Originally Posted by adrienne a View Post
    Thanks to this thread, i checked my trip. It looks like I have FP+ for our trip aug 20-30, staying at YC with hopper tix, WPfun and more or whatever they are called. I have customized my magic bands and in slight panic mode, picked some FPs, most of which have nothing to do with my original plans. I heard a while ago that those testing FP+ can do regular fps too...can anyone comment? I must say, i truly have no idea how to plan this trip now. For example, if I have fps for space, BTM and another ride from 10-1, what the heck should I do first thing? Still race to space for extra rides or enjoy a slower pace? So confused. (I realize I should do what I want to do...but it is easier to do what I have to do!) I don't know how to deviate from rd, big rides, break, possible return for less popular rides. Now I can ride big rides at 6pm?! Ok, mouse helper was right, deep breath!
    Same question to you - what kind of ticket are you using.

I'm wondering if it will be necessary to have tickets bought ahead of time in order to participate in FP+? We usually get a room only on-site reservation, then buy our tickets at check in. (We've had problems in the past with last minute job conflicts, illness, etc., so a room only is much easier to cancel than a pkg.) We are going in January, so I'll be anxious to hear reports from others going before then.

i saw the same thing last night but it was for this week and next. we are going august 19-26 so i will be interested in seeing what is going to be happening in the next few weeks. so not only do i have to check easywdw and facebook every morning now my disney experience too. better get more coffee
    Karin
    Visiting off and on since the 70's
    And since finding this site in 2013, never go without my ​Easy Guide

I have a package booked directly with Disney, but it's not showing my tickets, is this normal?
    I'm from the UK and often the site doesn't recognise the UK only stuff (like our 21 day tickets). I hate the thought of it all rolling out and us UK folks not being able to join in purely because the site doesn't recognise our tickets!
    Anyone from the US have their tickets not showing in a package they've booked with Disney?
    Mine just keeps asking me to link tickets!!

I saw it online last night and assumed it wasn't live - we're going the same week as you. Now I have to go figure this out! Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_&_Kim View Post
    Same question to you - what kind of ticket are you using.
    8 day hopper with wp fun and more

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case vatmark's Avatar
    Wow! Interesting. Can't wait to hear what happens.

Ann

I think before you all start grabbing the Fast Passes, you need to slow down. This is a lot like designing a new closet. First, look at the stuff you need to store. Then, look at the space you have to store it in. THEN go buy the nifty little storage boxes and systems. Buying the boxes first may give you a thrill, but can end up being a costly and a colossal waste of time.

Create an itinerary if you haven't' already. You are going to need to know when you'll be in meals, and what park you'll be in when. Then, create a tour plan that fits that itinerary. Then, decide what you want FP+ selections to be.

Personally, I think a big factor is going to be deciding about your mornings - are you there at RD, or sleeping in? Personally, I still think the mornings are going to be a key time to tour. I'd get there in the morning, and tour without using FP as long as possible. (A smart ordering of your attractions should allow you to do that for longer than you'd think.) Then you can select the Fast Pass + selections you'll most need or want. Perhaps it's for reserved seats to the parade? Perhaps it's to meet Tink? I have no idea if these are even options yet, but you get my drift.

If you know that mornings are BAD for you, then you are probably going to need to use your selections on rides.

So, slow down, make a plan, and then make your selections. It's going to be fine!
    : )