Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linking existing tickets to My Disney Experience - I did it! (I don't know why)

Linking existing tickets to My Disney Experience - I did it! (I don't know why)

I don't know what I've accomplished (probably nothing, or it will cause all sorts of issues at check in or first park entrance ), but I was able to link my family's existing tickets to the MDE app/website today. I am happy about it, but that's probably just because we are inside the 40 day mark.

Details on the tickets:

- 2 adult 10 day park hopper no expiration passes from circa 2008 ($500 each! What a bargain!), bought directly from Disney
    - 1 child 10 day park hopper no expiration pass purchased via Undercover Tourist in 2010

I had wondered if I should try (again, I guess just for the sake of doing it, as I can't point to anything tangible that I could call "better" by doing this) after the option came online in MDE.

Last week I did try to do it via the website by choosing the ticket type the passes most resembled from the choices displayed and typing in the barcode. This resulted in an error of: "This ticket or pass cannot be converted online. You may convert this ticket or pass into virtual electronic admission by bringing it to any Guest Services location at Walt Disney World Resort" for all three tickets.

Today while fooling around with the app on my phone, I discovered that you could link tickets. Except that the phone app has an additional choice of scanning the barcode on your tickets. I figured I'd give it a shot. I scanned each, it actually recognized each one for what it was, and let me choose the person in my party to assign it to.

After I did this, I foolishly expected this information to immediately show up under the section "Tickets and Passes". They did not show at all. I figured I'd wait and check it later. Sure enough, about 6 hours later there they were in all their glory.

Now onto the quirks: Both adult passes were used for 3 park days and 1 water park day back in 2009. Yet when they are now listed in the app and on the website, they are reported as:

"10 Days Remaining - This ticket will expire on Tuesday December 31, 2030"

So it doesn't recognize the used days, and it doesn't seem to be able to report or take into account park days remaining vs water park & fun options/days. It would be pretty nice to get 3 already-used park days back, but I can't imagine the status will remain as is. Of course I'll be bringing the physical passes with us to deal with the inevitable issues.

Anyway, that has been my experience linking tickets. The only possible plusses to doing this ahead of time that I can conjur up right are are A) we won't have to go through the trouble of linking the passes at the Boardwalk when we check in (considering the reports of the RFID system to date, I can't imagine things will actually go that smoothly) and B) if they are looking for testers for FP+ in the second half of August at the Boardwalk, the fact that our room reservations and park passes are linked in MDE could be a factor in use getting picked.

Of course I'd only want to be picked if the test is like previous tests, where we can use FP+ and traditional paper ticket Fastpass at the same time. The nightmare would be being chosen to test FP+ and not be allowed regular FP.

You're brave.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    I have to admit that I'm quite scared of the whole attaching tickets thing. The fear comes from the fact that about 5 days ago, a 4-day ticket in my name magically appeared on my reservations. I do NOT have a 4-day ticket, I did not link anything and there is no mechanism that allows me to remove it. I'm actually thinking that maybe I should call in and have it removed from my account because I don't want them charging me somewhere along the line for this random ticket that I do not own or want. We have 5-day tickets that we got from UCT that we will be using.
    Brenda

Ha ha! Having a 4 day ticket just show up would make me nervous too. Actually I have never seen anything weird in My Reservations - all my ADRs have always been there every time I checked, all correct information. DVC point rental reservation has always been correct since I linked it as well. Nothing strange ever shows up for me, knock on wood.

Vicki, I just couldn't resist when I saw that barcode scanner in MDE.

I have to admit I was reading rebelbuddhist's trip report and when I saw that he has gotten 16 anytime fastpasses because of constant trouble with their RFID admission media, I thought "Hmm, would I trade the first 30 minutes of each park day for 16 anytime Fastpasses? Yes, yes I would."

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    I have a KTTW linked on my MDE account, presumably for my upcoming reservation in September. My WDW PAP is there too. And they're in the "Magic Bands" section of my profile.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I have a KTTW linked on my MDE account, presumably for my upcoming reservation in September. My WDW PAP is there too. And they're in the "Magic Bands" section of my profile.
    Hmmmm....a WDW PAP...so tempting, but I don't want to get banned!
    Michele

Unknown tickets showed up on our account about a week ago then all disappeared yesterday.

I saw somewhere that if you have KTTW cards showing up on your account they are from past trips. Apparently now every trip you take they will be linked to your profile unless you take a step to take disconnect them from your profile. Tracking us across trips... interesting. I hope they use the info for coupons or something that benefits those of us they are collecting all this info about.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    The funny thing about the KsTTW that are on my profile is that there are numbers below them which have no (as far as I can tell) relation to an reservation of mine, past or future.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Hmmmm......my 4-day ticket is still showing up on the account. I've NEVER had a 4-day ticket to WDW (or for DLR for that matter). I've been trying to figure it out and I honestly can't think of a time when we even got them from UCT. It really is an odd glitch.

The other thing it is doing that is driving me nuts.....it isn't letting me do the online check in for the Studio. We have a 2-bedroom and a Studio. I know that the Studio is in my Nephew's name but....they are both under my DVC membership.....I should be able to do the online check in but whenever I try....it just crashes. MDE is just a crappy system!!!
    Brenda

I did a bit of panicking when I saw the tickets on my account - they were 8 days tickets. We also have never had 8 day tickets but this year I happened to book through an agent. We talked about getting 8 day tickets but I said no and got some through UCT. So there was a moment of "Awesome! Free tickets!" followed by "oh wait, that's a lot of money I suspect is going to show up on my credit card bill!"
    Part of me hoped they would just magically be there... but I feel a little better without the what-if of buying two sets of tickets for our next trip.

I booked a package with 8 day hoppers & water parks. MDE shows family members on this reservation as me, DH, and DD (correct). If I look under tickets, there is a ticket linked to me, and to DD. Nothing for DH. I was told by my travel agent that the reservation is fine, and that she called Disney, and Disney said it's fine. I was told I should call Disney myself at 407-939-7765, option 2 (tech support). An outside company is handling My Dismal Experience.... pun intended.

Seems the ticketing portion is really screwy

I'm not even looking at MDE. Although I did set it up a while ago. I'm afraid now.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

I saw that feature and it made me want to try to it, too. I have 2 day park hopper pass from 98 that is supposed to never expire. So if I link it to my account, will I have to use those days first on my next trip? How do they know which "ticket" to use. I already own a seven day ticket for our trip in November, so I don't want them to pull the days off my 98 ticket first and then I am left with 2 days that expire at the end of my trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezell View Post
    I saw that feature and it made me want to try to it, too. I have 2 day park hopper pass from 98 that is supposed to never expire. So if I link it to my account, will I have to use those days first on my next trip? How do they know which "ticket" to use. I already own a seven day ticket for our trip in November, so I don't want them to pull the days off my 98 ticket first and then I am left with 2 days that expire at the end of my trip.
    No clue - but to be safe, I would only try to link the 7 day ticket. Take the 2 day hopper with you and they can verify the days left, and maybe tell you how they can link both but use the 7 day first. But definitely don't link the 2 day through the app.

fizboBunny
    I linked my tickets. Now I think by doing so I've opted out of the old fastpass system.

Q.
    Can I use both FASTPASS service and FastPass+ service during one theme park visit?

A.
    No. While FASTPASS service and FastPass+ service are both currently available, if you are FastPass+ eligible and you entered the park with a ticket linked to My Disney Experience by using your MagicBand or card, then you are not able to use FASTPASS service.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fa...ith-fast-pass/

Hi Alicia - I think that is just covering their butts, because they currently give out RFID cards that have the same capabilities as the band (room key, charging, using Mickey readers), just in card form, and everyone is still using regular FP with those cards. Obviously if you had a MagicBand you wouldn't be able to put it through the regular FP machines, but they have no announced plans to give out MagicBands for the next test let alone to everyone. I wouldn't think they will be using MagicBands by the end of September.

In fact, their answer above is a straight out lie - Fastpass+ service is not currently available. It was tested back in June but that's it.

I just hope this new system doesn't mess up my trip... or anyone else!
    Tricia

www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel/

fizboBunny
    I know it's not currently available. I'm just saying that if they do roll it out by then, that by linking my tickets I've already opted out of the old system. And you are right, the new system won't be available for my trip, but if my trip were further out then linking tickets could have the impact I'm worried about.

I'm not really concerned about being on the new system or old system for my trip. I'm only doing 2 days at Epcot, so if I were forced into FP+ I would just have to decide between Soarin' and TT for each day. It would be cool to get reserved seating for Illuminations though.

I just did the same today - thought 'oh, I can link now so lets see what this thing can do!'. Now I'm wondering if I've screwed myself too...

I have a 5 day ticket listed for my husband and son, and a 1 day ticket for myself (which is what I bought) BUT I cannot link my comp 4 day ticket (since I don't have an offical will call number...) I doubt the system will be up and running by the time my trip rolls around in 2 1/2 months like was mentioned but... I dislike the but. LOL So those of us that can't get tickets until arrival are now left out or will they opt to give the option to add a ghost ticket?

So many variables that have to be figured out...
    There is a great and lasting truth about the family of man. A truth which separates us from all the other creatures of the Earth. We can dream.
    ~Tapestry of Nations~

"I'm just curious" (that's for you, George)...what's the purpose/advantage of linking tickets to MDE?
    Michele

living life to its fullest 3Caballeros's Avatar
    OK... I'm afraid to jump into this fire b/c it all confuses me so much but... here goes my 2 questions:

1. We have 5 day UnderCoverTourist tix.
    Those tix can be linked to my reservation even though I didn't purchase them directly from Disney ?

2. Will linking them to my reservation prevent me from having that wonderful discount that made me chose UCT to begin with WHEN WE UPGRADE to 7 day once we attend a park one time ? You know what I'm asking ? Won't Disney machinery recognize them as UCT and charge me what they would if I upgraded to 7 day before entering the park ? I know that's confusing. Surely someone understands what I'm asking.....

3Cab:

1) Yes
    2) That should not be a problem from what I have read - your ticket is your ticket, whether it's a plastic card, or loaded onto a Keys To The World card, or an RFID card or a wristband. As I understand it, if you use the ticket once, then upgrade, the price should be the difference between the current Disney price for 5 day and the current 7 day, plus tax. You need to know this number and have it in your head when you go to Guest Relations - some CMs will get it wrong and change you the difference between UCT price and current price, which is wrong. If this happens, just say "OK, I need to think about it" and leave. Try again later or at another Guest Relations location until you find someone who knows what bridging really means.

Having said that, it seems per Josh in another post that there is an expanded FP+/Magicband test from August 2 - 25 with guests staying at Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, and Pop Century. IF you want to partake in that, you would probably have to link your tickets. However the test this time will be only FP+ and you will not be able to use regular FP like the last test. I'll take my chances with regular FP - not that I have a choice, it seems, as I am at the Boardwalk and the My Magic team seems obsessed with testing at the Contemporary and AKL.
    Last edited by dirtnap101; 07-17-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: typo

Has anyone actually linked their UCT tix? We tried, but it kept throwing errors.
    Christy

yes. One of my tickets it gave me an error and it showed up the next morning.

living life to its fullest 3Caballeros's Avatar
    Thank you, dirtnap! I believe we'll just not attempt the linking as I see no advantage since we're at the campsites this trip and they never let the campsites do anything nifty! *sad*
    I appreciate your time in helping clear up the confusion!