Thread: FAQ: The Types of Disney Restaurants

FAQ: The Types of Disney Restaurants

Counter Service (CS) or Quick Service (QS) - these are basically the same thing. While many fall into the fast food category (burgers, pizza, chicken fingers, etc.), there are others that offer a lot of other options.

Table Service (TS) - most of the time, this refers to restaurants that count as one credit on the dining plan. They can be either buffets, family style, or sit down. All of the parks offer table service restaurants, as do the moderate, deluxe, and DVC resorts, and there are options at Downtown Disney as well.

Signature - these are restaurants that take two credits on the dining plan. They are typically more expensive than their table service counterparts, but they also offer higher-end food, more seasonal menus, and a higher quality dining experience.

Dinner Shows - there are only a few of these, and they also typically take two credits on the dining plan. They involve a family style dinner and an accompanying show.

There are also some restaurants that are not on any dining plan, so it is always best to consult the latest dining brochure to make sure that whatever meal you are considering fits with your plan.
    Lisa

Hi!What dinner shows are there please??

Thanks,
    Lynn

Hoop-Dee-Doo, Mickey's Backyard BBQ (both at Fort Wilderness), and Spirit of Aloha at the Poly.

living life to its fullest 3Caballeros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dadknight View Post
    Hoop-Dee-Doo, Mickey's Backyard BBQ (both at Fort Wilderness), and Spirit of Aloha at the Poly.
    Does Josh have an article on the Easy site that reviews Hoop-Dee-Doo ? I've used the search box on the Easy main page but find nothing. I'm wondering which tier to get.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Caballeros View Post
    Does Josh have an article on the Easy site that reviews Hoop-Dee-Doo ? I've used the search box on the Easy main page but find nothing. I'm wondering which tier to get.
    Are you planning on using dining credits for Hoop-Dee-Doo? You can only use credits for categories 2 & 3 seating. Category 1 seating is the closest to the stage. Category 2 is on the main floor, but towards the middle & back. Category 3 is up in the balcony. Josh can correct me if I'm wrong. Hope this helps. I'm going for the 1st time in December.
    DisneyDanceMom73

2001, Oct. 2003, 2004, 2007 & 2008 - FWC; Feb. 2003, 2006, 2009 & 2011 - POP; 2016 - Poly; May 2017 - CSR​;
    2012, 2015 & Nov. 2017 - POR; Jan. 2018 - WL;
    Nov. 2018 - SSR; April 2019 - CC @ WL

Please subscribe to my channel, Disney Beams:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_m5NUNMvFPvPic7bGmpHBg

Greetings,

This first week of June, busing was very bad. It took us 1.5 to get from ASM to the Hoop-Dee-Doo. The better way is to go to MK and take the boat over. That being said, we missed half the show. They would not re-book and had already billed us for it. Bummer. However, once we did get in, the food was good. I took the bucket of ribs from everyone else. The interaction with the crowd was great fun and we laughed about it all night.