Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June 2013 extended family trip to WDW

June 2013 extended family trip to WDW

Our WDW vacation is 2 weeks from today and I am so excited. I have never done a trip report (I was a TGM member the past 3 trips) but really want to do one for this trip.

Dates: June 13-June 24

Immediate family from Memphis, TN:
    Me (This is our 5th family tip but it has been 3 years since our last visit)
    DH
    DD (17)
    DD (14) (one month shy of 15)
    DD (12)

Extended family:
    From Memphis, TN
    DMom (Hasn’t been to WDW in over 20 years)
    DStepdad (Hasn’t been to WDW in over 20 years)

DSis (Hasn’t been to WDW in 10 years)
    DNiece (16) (Hasn’t been to WDW in 10 years

From Columbia, SC

DSis (columbiamom) (2nd family trip. They went in April 2011)
    DBIL
    DNiece (10)
    DNiece (8)

We have been planning this trip for over a year now. We have not had a BIG family tip since my oldest DD was a baby! We have a house at Windor Hills…Story Time Castle. We are very excited about our house and plan to eat lots of meals there.

Columiamom and my family will arrive on Friday June 14th and stay onsite. Columbiamom and her family are going to stay at POP and hang out at the resort. My family will stay at POR and will spend Friday at the parks!! Not sure what our plans are because we are waiting to find out what time DH can get off work on the 13th. We will leave sometime Thursday and currently have 3 hotel reservations for Thursday night. I will cancel all but one once we hit the road but hope we can make it to Ocala, FL. Our goal is to be at WDW in time for RD on Friday.

My oldest DD will actually be in Germany on a school trip when we leave for WDW. She returns home on the 16th and will fly down to meet us on the 17th. I am very nervous about that but her Germany trip dates changed after we had already made all of our plans. She is thrilled about Germany and about flying to WDW instead of driving!

We will all meet at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday, June 15th for RD. This park was originally recommended but changed after the Friday EMH was removed. We decided to keep it because it was going to mess everything up. After our morning at the MK we will all move into our house at Windsor Hills.

I want to thank everyone for their help planning this trip. I love this site and have learned so much. I am quite nervous about all of us traveling together but hope it all works out.

We have 3 TS meals planned with all 13 of us...Crystal Palace, Tusker House and Tony's or Via Napoli (depending on which park we visit that last morning). We also have water park/hoppers and we got the Photopass plus so I am hoping for lots of great photos.

Here is our gang!

[ATTACH]3090[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ly-trip-to-WDW

Jan 2004 All star Music (DD: 7, 5, 2)
    May/June 2006 All Star Music (DD: 10, 7, 5)
    June 2008 POR (DD: 12, 9, 7)
    June 2010 POR and Poly (DD: 14, 11, 8)
    June 2013 Windsor Hills (DD: 17, 14, 12)
    June 11-20 2015 Hard Rock House, Indian Creek (DD: 19, 16, 14)
    Disneyland-June 2017 (DD: 21, 18, 16)

Sounds like a great trip! I get our excitement, we leave Tuesday, and I am beside myself! Today was my last day of work for two weeks, and I don't know what to do. It seems so close but so far away at the same time.
    Link to June 2018 Trip Report:
    https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...d=1#post419048

1997 CBR, 2004 ASMo, 2005 CBR
    2007 Pop x 2, 2008 ASMu, 2009 Pop
    2010 ASMu, 2013 CBR, 2016 CSR
    2018 Windsor Palms

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    Good looking clan! I think it sounds like such a fun time, but gosh I'm glad it was you doing the planning and not me. The logistics of working with that many people would be crazy, but from reading your other posts you've definitely got a handle on it!

I hope I have a handle on things!! I am certainty nervous about the trip. My family knows how to do it but I am worried about everyone else.

I thought I would share a little about our previous trips.

Our first trip was in January 2004. We surprised the girls at Christmas with our trip. We were totally THEM but still had a great time. The girls were 7, 5 and almost 3 when we went.disney with dobald 2004.jpg

Our second trip was 2 years later in 2006. Was very happy to discover TGM and our trip was almost perfect!

We decided we liked going every 2 years and so we went again in 2008 and 2010. Again, we toured the TGM way and our trips were awesome!

disney 2010.jpg

We skipped 2012 because we went to DC and we had started planning this upcoming trip. So, this trip has been talked about and planned for over a year. Yet I still feel like we are running around taking care of last minute details.

My oldest DD leaves for Germany in just a few days and I am so emotional about that!

I can't wait for our trip and again want to say thanks to Josh and all the members of easywdw for their help.

I just dropped my DD 17 off at the airport for her trip to Germany. I will see her in Disney World on June 16th. I am so happy for her but am also feeling very anxious.

She returns from Germany on the 15th at 4:00 pm. My In-Laws are picking her up and staying at the house with her on the 15th. She will then fly down to meet us on at 8:00 am on the 16th (Fathers Day!) (I am sure she will be exhausted!)

We considered postponing our trip once the dates of her school trip changed but decided it would make more sense to keep things the way they are and have her meet us. She will miss 2 1/2 days of park touring.

My youngest DD 12 is also out of town for a couple of days. She is on a Girl Scout trip (zip line and tree obstacle course). I made her promise to be careful and not break anything!!

Anyway, we leave for WDW in 6 days!!

Here is a photo of DD at the airport!
    vaf airport.jpg

I hope she has a wonderful time in Germany! And only 6 more days for you guys, wohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by pfalcioni View Post
    I hope she has a wonderful time in Germany! And only 6 more days for you guys, wohoo!

Thanks!! It is hard to believe both trips are here since we have been planning them for so long.

traveling and first day

On Thursday, June 13th, my immediate family had a pretty uneventful (12 hour) drive from Memphis to Ocala. We stopped in Columbus, GA for a picnic. We brought food from home to eat for dinner at the hotel (Country inn and Suites). Out hotel room faced the highway so I did not sleep well due to the noise and my excitement!

On Friday, June 14th the rest of our group began their drives to WDW. My DS 1, her DH and 2 DDs (10 and 8) drove from SC. They spent Friday night at POP and ate in the food court and swam. My parents and DS 2 and her DD (16) drove from MS and spent the night in Clermont.

My group was up early Friday morning. We drove from Ocala to POR and checked in and headed to HS. We did not have “plans” for this day and had decided to just see what we could do!

We waited about 15 minutes for a bus and made it to HS at 8:30. Our goal this morning was to ride RnR and ToT because DD 12 was afraid to ride them on our last trip in 2010. DD grabbed FP for ToT and we waited in line for RnR. The ride did not open until 9:00 (I somehow missed that not all major attractions opened early). If I had known that we would have done TSM first. Anyway, the entire wait and ride time was about 40 minutes. We all LOVED it! I was so glad DD 12 loved it because she was so nervous.

DD grabbed another set of FP for RnR and we headed to ToT to use FP. DD 12 was very very nervous! She kept asking if she could take the exit. We basically ignored her. Once we buckled in she actually started crying. I knew she would love it if she actually rode it and of course she did! I was glad we rode with just the 4 of us versus the entire family for her first ride.

We then headed to ST and I have to admit I was surprised about the crowd!. This was our 4th summer visit and it was very crowded. But lots of people were not really doing anything. Anyway, we rode ST twice in a row. Both times we had the same mission but DD 14 was the spy on the 2nd mission.

Back to RnR to use FP. Stopped on the way for a nice relaxing Mickey Bar break. Yummy! Rode RnR with FP and received text that our room was ready. So, we headed to bus stop to move into POR for the night. DD 14 had requested that we eat lunch at POR food court and so that is what we did. DH and I stopped by the van on the way to the food court for a nice cold beer! The girls shared a pasta dish and French fries. I asked if they have a veggie burger and the chef had to come talk to me before they would even let me order one. Anyway, they made me a yummy veggie burger and it really hit the spot. DH had a fish sand. We were all happy with our food.

Our room was a hike from the main building. The girls and I walked while dad drove and we barely beat him there. We moved in and rested. I went to the quiet pool for a bit. DH wanted to go to EPCOT for the evening and send pictures of us in the Germany pavilion to DD (17) who was spending her last night in Germany.

At 4:00 we headed towards the bus stop for EPCOT. Again, we waited 15 minutes for a bus. We rode SE, visited cool club and were sad there was no Beverly! For months the kids talked about how they were going to trick grandparents into tasting Beverly. Oh well. On to WS. I had a lovely frozen Margarita and we all shared snacks in Norway. We grabbed a FP because the line was 20 minutes for Maelstrom. On to Germany where we took lots of pictures to send to DD 17. DD 14 bought some chocolate in Germany that she said was the best. EVER! DH and I shared a lovely grapefruit beer in Germany. It was very refreshing.
    On to Japan so the girls could shop. Then we walked back to Norway for Maelstrom. I was ready to head back at this point but girls REALLY wanted to go the UK. So, we hiked around to the UK for shopping and beer. Lots of walking for our first night!

germany.jpg

As we were headed back to hotel we remembered we had to purchase tickets for parents and sister (Not sure why they had us do that but they were worried about having to wait in a line the next morning) . We sent girls back to room by bus while WE waited in line at guest services for tickets because all the ticket booths were closed. Anyway, back to POR where we all decided to go soak in the hot tub. Girls said that the long walk back to room negated any benefit from the hot tub!

We really liked the new rooms at POR. DD 12 was excited about new bed. We hit the sack at 10:45. We had great first day! The plan is to meet the rest of our group at the MK entrance at 8:30 Saturday morning.
    Last edited by memphismom; 02-01-2015 at 03:55 PM.

Merida
    I can't wait to read more and I hope your daughter had a wonderful time in Germany!! I went to Germany for the first time when I was 17 and loved it so much that once I graduated from high school, I did an additional year of high school in Germany for fun LOL.

Great start to your trip report so far!!!

Wow, you guys sure accomplished a bunch on your first day! But, what, no Beverly? My husband would be totally frustrated, he loves that stuff (really).

It's so fun when kids are nervous but end up loving the ride!
    June 2011 Poly, May 2013 POR, June 2015 CBR, June 2017 POR, March 2018 CSR, June 2018 POR

Excited to read more about the rest of your trip!!
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

day 2

Saturday, June 15th

Up at 6:00, loaded up van and headed to food court for a nice hot breakfast. But food court didn't start serving hot food until 7:00. So, we waited because the girls really wanted breakfast food. We had a nice breakfast then headed to the MK.

I called my mom and she pretended that they over-slept and were still at the hotel in Clermont. Ha ha, Grandma!

We actually ended up driving to the cast member parking area and had to turn around. Then we ended up in the AAA parking area! The nice CM let us stay after we told her we had already been in the wrong parking area.

We took the Ferry boat to the Mk and met everyone at 8:20. We were all very excited to see each other! I can’t believe we didn't take any pictures!

We watched the opening show and it was so sweet and it was hard to believe we were actually there!! My DH (Jay) and brother-in-law (Kevin) decided they would be the FPV for the trip. So, they dashed off to Space while the rest of us walked with purpose to Astro Orbiter. For some reason the CM put 2 people in each “ship” and it was a pretty tight fit for the adults. Grandma screamed the entire time and we all thought that was funny!

On to Buzz where we rode twice. Then it was time for the first of MANY bathroom breaks.

We were excited about riding space and had fun with the ride photos. We had lots of ride photos added to our photopass card.

The plan was to ride tea cups now but BTMRR didn't have a line so I made an executive decision to head over there. FPV headed off and we met them there. Loved BTMRR! Next was HM, Pirates, BTMRR with FP, FPV splash then lunch at Columbia Harbour House. The kids got Waffles from sleepy-hollow and met us at CHH.

FPV jungle cruise then we all rode Splash. This was another ride my DD 12 was nervous about. She had ridden it in the past but it scared her. She loved it this time because she says they added the safety bar. I don’t remember there not being a safety bar.

Anyway, while on the ride my DD 17 texted that she had landed in the USA!! I was very worried/anxious about her traveling and was looking forward to seeing her the following day.

After splash we rode the JC with FP. My parents thought it was a hoot!! All the kids laughed at the corny jokes.

At this point it was getting hot and crowded. I called folks we rented house from and he said we could check in at 2:30 (vs 4:00). We decided to do one last ride so we headed to the TTA and loved sitting! This is a family favorite and so it was a nice end to our MK day.

Our 2 FPV grabbed FP for space to give away. They did that several times on the trip.

I was very impressed with how well we kept together and how much we were able to accomplish.

We all drove to Windsor Hills and moved into Story Time Castle. http://www.storytimeorlandorental.co...X_still_s1.htm

The house was great!! We had 6 bedrooms and our own pool and game room with pool-table. Had some issues because my DD 14 did not want the princess room. It was totally over the top and she called it terrifying! (the headboard actually had princess dolls encased within behind plexiglass)

Grandparents were in only downstairs bedroom. DH and I got the master suite, DS and her DH the other suite, DS and her DD shared the Mickey room, my 2 teen DD shared the princess room and the 3 other girls shared the Cars themed room. The cars room had car beds that were too small for older kids.

We all moved in and some of us headed to water park, some stayed at the house and my mom and sister went grocery shopping. As soon as we got to water park it started storming and park closed. Sigh! We waited 30 minutes then left once life guard said it would be a while before it opened back up.

Back at house the kids swam, we had dinner, enjoyed some wine/beer and just hung out together.

Grandma was so excited to find dot labels and so she labeled all the shelves in the fridge! Later in the week my DH changed all the labels to make poor grandma go crazy!

It was a great start to our week (other than the rain at the water park). We all went to bed at 10:00 so we would be rested for our Epcot RD the next morning.

My DD had my camera in Germany so I didn't take many pictures of our first 2 days! I will have some photopass pictures to share soon.

some photos...

splash.jpg

I have no idea why Pappy was riding all alone....

pappy.jpg

mk.jpg
    Last edited by memphismom; 02-01-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merida View Post
    I can't wait to read more and I hope your daughter had a wonderful time in Germany!! I went to Germany for the first time when I was 17 and loved it so much that once I graduated from high school, I did an additional year of high school in Germany for fun LOL.

Great start to your trip report so far!!!
    She has already said she is moving to Germany when she "grows up."

day 3 Epcot and HS

Sunday, June 16th

Happy Father’s Day!

Everyone was up early for a quick breakfast at the house. We were pulling out of the driveway at 8:05 and parked at Epcot at 8:16. Awesome!!

The lines all seemed pretty long already but once they opened we went through pretty quickly. We headed right for soaring (part of our group stopped for the bathroom but caught up with us). There was no wait for soaring and of course we all loved it! It was fun riding with my mom because she was so animated and when the golf ball came flying up at her she threw her arms and leg up to protect herself!! After the ride our FPVs grabbed a set of soaring FP for later.

The plan was to head to TT but it was not operating so we did Sum of all thrills instead. Again watching my mom (grandma) was hysterical! She screamed through the entire ride. After SOAT we checked and were happy to see TT was up and running so we dashed off and did single rider line. We loved the ride but actually missed some of the old stuff.

At this point (10:30) my DH and I left to go pick up our daughter from the airport. The rest of the gang rode soaring with FP. They had our FP and the grandparents were going to use them but Grandma decided to give them away. The offered the extra set of FP’s to an Australian couple who said “What are fast passes?” My mom explained what a fast pass is and that they would not have to wait in line for soaring and the couple said “What is soaring?” So my mom apparently grabbed them and made them come with the group to ride soarin.

I know they had lunch in Sunshine Seasons and toured the Living Seas. My youngest niece got to ask Crush a question.

DH and I safety retrieve DD from airport (YAY) and we all met back at the house @ 1:00/1:30 to rest, relax and eat! We had a bit of “drama” because DD had her nose pierced in Germany (!) but we decided we would deal with that back home.

We all left for HS @ 4:00/4:30 (We were splitting up this evening and so we didn’t all go together)
    My immediate family of 5 grabbed FP for RnR and rode ToT standby with zero wait. We did a little shopping (DD 17 bought cute Minnie Mouse ears) then headed to Beauty and the Beast.

The rest of the group was seeing the Indy show. I loved BATB and was glad we decided to see it. We dashed off to ride ST and eat dinner at Mama Melrose. We actually ran into the rest of the group twice even though we weren't together.

Dinner was nice and relaxing and we were glad we were inside because it poured the entire time we were eating! The rest of the group ate sandwiches at Pizza Planet (My mom checked to make sure it was OK they sat there). Anyway, we really like Mama Melrose and have eaten there our last 3 trips. We had bread, cheese flatbread, pasta and fish but skipped dessert to save room for ice cream later.

We met up with the rest of the group and were happy that the rain had stopped and the park was pretty empty! So we all rode RnR with FP and ToT twice with zero wait.

Our group is the entire back row and right seats.

tot sunday.jpg

Then we split up….part of the group rode RnR a few times while other shopped, had ice cream and missed the Little Mermaid show.

Met back at Fantasmic! for 10:30 show. And we were all excited about seeing the show. My youngest DD and I had JUST bought an ice cream bar, popcorn, water and a beer for mom… when BOOM! The bottom dropped and it was POURING!! We didn ’t even know what to do! Our hands were full and our ponchos were back at our seats and people were running and screaming and a cast member yelled at us to move (We were under concession awning). We finally found everyone and we threw on ponchos but realized we were short one so DH didn’t have one! On Father’s day!! It was really pouring and storming and it was packed with people! We all dashed to cars and headed back to the house.

Pappy said he has a great time at the Fantasmic water park ride!! When we got back to the house DD 12 showed me her melted, unopened ice cream bar. She actually refroze it and ate it later.

Back at the house Dniece (10) gave my DH a set of Muppet/star wars trading pins she had bought him as a Father’s day surprise! It was so thoughtful and my DH was so touched by her sweetness. My DH collects the Muppet Trading Pins and is very proud of his collection.

We snacked, enjoyed adult beverages and hung out. We were up way past midnight because tomorrow we can sleep (a bit) late.
    Last edited by memphismom; 02-01-2015 at 04:04 PM.

My mom explained what a fast pass is and that they would not have to wait in line for soaring and the couple said “What is soaring?” So my mom apparently grabbed them and made them come with the group to ride soarin!
    Hahaha!!! So, did they like Soarin'? It's always crazy for us "planners" to think that there are folks that go to WDW without even a clue about the attractions, let alone FastPass or how to tour.

That rainstorm sounds crazy. Glad you all kept your sense of humor, love the "Fantasmic water ride" quip!

That rainstorm sounds crazy. Glad you all kept your sense of humor, love the "Fantasmic water ride" quip!
    Me too. I literally laughed out loud. Sounds like a great day minus overall.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

Good its a happy family,.... :)
    Usman

Loving your report!! My family is small, so we prefer staying off site at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. However, that house looks like it would be a blast for a big group!

day 4

Day 4 (I am working really hard to finish this!)

Monday, June 17th
    Typhon Lagon and Epcot

Yay! We had a sleep in morning. However, DS was up early and went to the grocery store. The rest of us got up @ 8:00/9:00 and had breakfast-French toast casserole Grandma made, Mickey waffles, fruit…then off to Typhon Lagoon! (Grandparents went to AK Lodge and AK).

We grabbed a shady spot then had some waterpark fun! Lazy river, wave pool, storm slider, shark reef…the rain came at 1:00 and drove us away. After he completed the shark reef swim my husband realized his bag with tickets, van key and money had floated out of his pocket!! Luckily the life guard saw it.

We rested a bit then headed to Epcot to meet the grandparents. We rode Spaceship Earth then headed to cool club…still no Beverly. Had some photo pass photos taken and photographer gave us a huffy breath!

epcot photo.jpg

We headed to WS to have snacks/drinks @ the world! I thought we would stick together here but we all just sort of split up and did our own things….My family went to Mexico for coconut paleta, pastries in Norway, Grapefruit beer in Germany, Falafel in Morocco…then the rain came again. We all met up again (not planning to we just all kept running into each other) and hoped the rain would stop in time for illuminations.

The announcements began…”due to unfavorable weather conditions Illuminations has been delayed”. Everyone left except my 5… I was afraid we would not be back to Epcot at night and I really wanted to see illuminations. A CM told me they pretty much never cancel Illuminations and we should wait. So, we did. The kids were not happy but they kept their complaints to themselves.

At 9:50 the show began!! YAY. The show was wonderful and we were so glad we waited.

On the walk to the van we all commented how glad we were not to be on a shuttle bus! Driving has really been nice, fast and easy!!

We were quickly back at the house where we had snacks and drinks then went to sleep.

We sure love having a big house to stay in.

day 5

Day 5

Tuesday, June 18th
    HS and AK

Getting up was soooo hard this morning!! We began waking up at 6:00…some of us dragged our feet. My youngest (12) had a rash on her thighs from where her wet shots rubbed her legs. Forgot to mention our trip to the first aid at Epcot the night before for ointment and bandages for her legs. She was walking very slow and was very uncomfortable. Anyway, she woke up very uncomfortable…she borrowed some shorts from her cousin that were longer but she was not in a happy mood!

We headed out the door at 7:50 for Rd at HS. The park “opened” at 8:30…and our FPV’s rushed to TSM. We all met there and rode standby. Off at 8:45 and posted wait was 45 minutes! Headed to RnR but had to wait until 9:00 for it to open…we were already burning up. We all loved RnR and had fun with the photos.

rnr.jpg

FPV’s to ToT while the rest of us made an unscheduled stop for snacks at starring rolls. Some folks fussed (It was my DH and BIL) because we were not following the RULES! My middle daughter said “Well, they aren’t rules really…more like guidelines!”

Loved TSM again…It is fun watching Pappy have so much fun because he was not sure about this whole family vacation thing!

tsm.jpg

After TSM we spit up…..some to ToT and other to Little Mermaid. Then we all met at Pizza Planet for lunch. We actually eat here every trip and so we love it. My family shared pizza and salad and a huge yummy cupcake! The kids had fun playing games and 2 of them won stuffed animals with the claw (which made others pout).

We split up again into 3 groups…part of the group to the Muppet movie and ST (and shopping…some of the group built their own light sabers) and the others saw BATB. We had planned to meet back at the house but all ran into each other shopping near the exit…weird timing!

We did some grocery shopping at Target and got some bandages and bike type shorts for DDMary’s rash. They keep her shorts from rubbing again her sores. It sure felt weird being at Target while on WDW vacation!!

Back to the house to rest and snack before heading to AK at 4:00. We barely made it to the NEMO show and did not all get to sit together. Then we had some bathroom drama….We “lost” Pappy who was looking for grandma…then Kevin went looking for pappy and he got lost! 15-20 minutes later we were all together again.

Then my middle daughter refused to ride Dinosaur and was being snotty about it…Anyway, on to Dinosaur where we were all scared and took a funny photo! Then it started to rain again. We hiked through the pouring rain to ITTBAB (minus my oldest who insisted she needed a break from all of us!) It was still raining so we grabbed snacks and adult beverages in Flame Tree BarBQue…where we got free chocolate pudding!

Finally the rain stopped and we saw EE operating so we dashed off to EE at 7:20! We all rode it 3 times then rode kali before the park closed (again minus my oldest who was getting irritated with all of us).

Grandma and pappy hopped on a bus to HS to see Fantasmic (their 3rd park of the day). While the rest of us headed back to the house to eat, drink and sleep!

We stopped for one last picture on the way out....ak photo.jpg
    Last edited by memphismom; 02-01-2015 at 04:01 PM.

How funny that Grandma and Pappy were still going strong when the rest of you were heading back to your condo!

How funny that Grandma and Pappy were still going strong when the rest of you were heading back to your condo!

Grandma could probably run circles around the rest of us!!

Day 6

Wednesday, June 19th

Up early but still left a bit later than planned for the MK. Parking lot was crowded so we knew it was going to be packed! We saw welcome show then FPv’s dashed off to Pooh for FP and then they couldn’t remember where to meet us (dur). We were all at Peter Pan wondering where they were…no answer on cell phones…anyway, we all finally rode peter pan and the new Ariel ride. We loved the new ride but all agreed we would not have to do it again this trip. The plan was to meet Ariel but some of the group decided not to (which meant waiting for the rest of the group and getting crabby). It was pretty hot and crowded at this point. Some rode Barnstormer and FPV grabbed FP for SM (which was down). Folks were getting crabby..did I mention that? Anyway, we were all finally back together for Pooh with FP, IASW another bathroom break and then off to Crystal Palace for lunch. We were surprised in the difference between a Saturday and a Wednesday…Wednesday was much more crowded!
    Lunch was nice..We were at 2 tables pushed next to each other which was a bit awkward…food was yummy! Salads, mashed potatoes, tasty mac and cheese, rice and other great food for us vegetarians! The meat eaters loved the salmon and other seafood.

pooh.jpg tiger.jpg piglet.jpg eyore.jpg mary.jpg

Had some drama because Eyore signed autograph book on the wrong page..had to wait for a 2nd visit to fix that! Then the grandparents (really Pappy) freaked out when they got their bill…even thought they knew upfront how much it was…Pappy insisted on another plate of dessert since his meal cost so much!

We were all stuffed but thought everything was really delicious! (During lunch a FPV to BTMRR)

After lunch we rode Space M with FP from earlier (could use expired FP because ride was down all morning). We were going to relax on TTA but there was A LINE!! A long line!! FPV space for tonight and then we hiked through the crowds to BTMRR then BOOM thunder and the ride was closed! We were done so we grabbed some FP for Splash and all left (except grandparents who stayed for parade and more FP for Space).

We had a nice rest back at the house…naps and swimming…at 6:00 we went back to the MK…we had space FP for 6:50 and we made it!!! YAY!! (Pappy was feeling overwhelmed and he decided to spend the evening alone back at the house). At some point we grabbed FP for Buzz then did monster’s Inc where we had a joke read and some screen time. Lots of fun as usual!! We all rode buzz then split up. Some to HM and others to Swiss Family tree House. We met back up to ride JC at night which was lots of fun! Then snacks at sunshine Terrace and lots of rides on Alladin!

We spit up and my family of 5 wandered around and looked and shopped and watched some of wishes then rode POC and BTMRR. At that point we decided to meet others for light parade! The younger cousins had made glasses out of glow sticks and several characters in parade stopped to admire them. Parade was great and I am glad we decide to see it.

Parade was over at 11:30 and even though park was open for 30 more minutes everyone decide to beat the crowd to the Ferry…where we waited and waited and waited. My niece (8) said some funny stuff “I wish I was big so I could see.” She told me she did not like the tree house…lots of walking to see a bunch of stuff she can see at home (beds and books and stuff).

Anyway, Ferry finally started and the ride was pretty…we got in another line for tram and folks cut right in front of us and split our party. So, we had to wait for another tram and speaker apparently broke mid-ride so the tram stopped and we waited and waited and waited…we were actually passed by 2 other trams! It was dark and we weren’t sure where we were. But folks on the tram were getting very impatient and started getting off tram when the tram started moving again (without the warnings they usually give) and people were actually in the process of getting off and my sister SCREAMED stop but the driver kept on going….about 50 yards to our stop!! It was really funny and it has become a funny family story! It took us one hour to get from the MK gates to our vans!!

Back at the house we had adult beverages and snacks and went to bed late!!

Day 7

Thursday, June 20th

A much needed sleep-in morning! Our groups all had different plans today. My immediate family had a 10:45 ADR at Kona Café. Others shopped, lazed around and swam. We love Kona Café..We had coffee press, POG juice, fruit, and yummy Tonga toast! It was very nice and relaxing.

kona cafe.jpg

We walked around the resort then headed to DTD. We decided to check out Disney Quest this year. We all decided it was OK..lots of old arcade games but nothing to keep us longer than an hour. We shopped all around DTD….very hot and crowded. We were excited to find a bunch of left-handed stuff for middle daughter. Back to house to get out of the heat and crowds to relax for a bit.

We all headed to Epcot (I think at 5 or so) and rode MS and TT single rider. (The grandparents actually headed to Epcot at 1:00 to tour on their own). We split up after TT. My family headed to Sunshine Seasons and to Living with the Land. Then it started to rain.

fites.jpg rain.jpg

We walked around WS in the rain (ponchos and an umbrella) and watched the Canada movie, had treats in France (ran into Grandparents in Moroco), shopped, ate, walked in rain then ran into rest of group near Mexico. The rain stopped in time for Illuminations!

Back to house for snacks, drinks and BED!!

Again it was nice not having to wait for the bus!!