Thread: "Big" HS Announcement

"Big" HS Announcement

Wasn't disney supposed to release some "big" news about HS during the first week of May? Did I miss it or has it not happened yet? Anyone know what it is?

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    I was wondering the same thing
    Janine

These things never pan out.

Bummer. It would have been nice to have something to look forward to.

They had themed fireworks and additional characters @ HS on Star Wars Day, May 4th. (May the Fourth be with you).

Banned
    Disney closed much of DHS for the fireworks. (So I read on another Disney forum that keeps you informed about these things). ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro View Post
    Disney closed much of DHS for the fireworks. (So I read on another Disney forum that keeps you informed about these things). ;)

[/url]

he's right
    Wasn't disney supposed to release some "big" news about HS during the first week of May?
    This was a fanboy fever dream more than any "planned announcement". When Disney is going to announce something big, they will almost certainly pre-announce the announcement on the Parks Blog. Then, they will document the announcement on the Blog shortly thereafter.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

so Josh must of had a case of fanboy fever...still hoping here, although I do question his attachment to Duffy

[/url]

Not really. Most of their major announcements and acquisitions have come out of left field from Avatar to Star Wars.

he's right
    Avatar is a pretty good example, now that you mention it.
    http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-parks/

We have great news to share today. At a press conference happening right now at Walt Disney Imagineering, Bob Iger and Tom Staggs just announced a long-term creative partnership with James Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment and Fox Filmed Entertainment to bring the fantasy world of AVATAR to life at Disney Parks. And it’ll all begin at Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort.

After Universal just announced out of nowhere WWOHP2, I'd expect WDW to do the same, but D23 is only 3 months away.

The May 6th date wasn't made up. It was about as credible as it gets for something that far off from a company that doesn't even go through with things it does announce. The sloppy Harry Potter announcement today would have looked pretty desperate had Disney announced Monday, which was also a day before the earnings release. But there's a reason I don't mention things I hear very often. Nobody wants to be the next Jim Hill.

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    Yeah, Jim does a good enough (or bad enough) job at that himself. I've always wondered why more people don't call him on all his failed predictions. Then again, I love his Disney history posts, so I'm willing to cut him some slack.

he's right
    Oh, I'm not suggesting it was made up. Rather, that nothing happens with TWDC until it happens. Too many things are going to happen that never do---heck, even some things that are announced never happen.

I'm sort of wondering if Universal scrambled to make their HP expansion announcement a few days after the planned Disney announcement? I can imagine all sorts of finagling behind closed doors - rumors fly that Disney's going to announce something big, so Universal puts together an announcement of their own, Disney gets wind of this announcement and decides they're not quite ready to make their own announcement so they cancel, Universal goes ahead with their announcement and now Disney has a better idea of what Universal is doing -- you know, something like that.

he's right
    That could be it, except that everyone already knew what Universal was doing, because they leak like a sieve (or, for you hockey fans, the Pittsburgh Penguins ex-starting goalie.)

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201112/2824/

Edited to add: ObMichigan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPb4adnIlTU

Well, to be fair, it was sort of difficult to hide those massive cranes and other construction going on. That, and closing down a ride and dismantling it justifiably started tongues wagging.

I sort of like the way that Universal does it, start on something, get the groundwork complete, then announce. Makes the wait between announcement and completion seem shorter. That, and it actually is shorter than Disney's timeline for a new attraction.

Josh, your constant updating give you a very good reputation...for us super planners that is what is the most important. Rumors and News, well that is just fun not serious stuff to me. IMHO. So I would not worry that people would ever compare you to Jim Hill. I think it is your playful personality that invites the all in good fun ribbing. KWIM?

[/url]

he's right
    In case it wasn't clear, the breathless fanboy part was a dig at Inside The Magic:
    http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/b...-in-hs.864568/

Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    In case it wasn't clear, the breathless fanboy part was a dig at Inside The Magic:
    http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/b...-in-hs.864568/
    thanks, Brian, I am a little 60/40 and nowhere in your league when it comes to info! but I like being at least in the ballpark, watching you guys! I remember when you or Robo would reply or comment in one of my threads, years ago...I would think you guys were Disney Gods, LOL! So thanks!

[/url]

he's right
    Attached Images Attached Images

Definately a compliment

[/url]