Thread: Offsite golf cart rentals for Fort Wilderness?

Offsite golf cart rentals for Fort Wilderness?

In one of the resort review threads, someone mentioned 'Kenny at Tee Time', but their website has almost no information, and a lot of their reviews say that they're difficult to contact by phone. If any of you had good service from them, can you give me an idea about cost savings v. renting direct from FW? Have any of you used any other outside rental company? Any info at all would be much appreciated.
    A man should never neglect his family for business. ~ Walt Disney

I rented from Kenny in October of 2009 and had a great experience. Very nice guy, met me exactly when he said he would, had nice, clean golf carts, etc. We ended up extending our cart rental for a few extra days and he was very easy to deal with. He was much less expensive that FW.

IMO, you can't stay at FW without a golf cart.

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    I rented from Kenny August 2012. I agree that their lack of website info is frustrating but I had a good experience renting from him. I called and left a message and recieved a call back I think same day if I remember correctly. I liked his price and the reviews I had read were good so I booked. I was given a confirmation number and that was it. I was a little nervous that I hadn't heard anything else from him until maybe a week before the trip but somebody from his office did call. We confirmed my dates and price and I was told the phone number to call when I arrived at FW to confirm which cart. When checking in I called and somebody picked up immediately. She told me where to find the cart (it was in the cart parking area by the parking lot over near the horses so a short walk away) and the name written on the cart so I could identify it (each of his carts is named; it didn't have our name on it). He told me where to find the key and we were all set. I got a call the day before checking out to confirm where I'd drop off the cart.

I'd rent from him again even with having never met anybody from the company in person. The only negatives I experienced were that the power cord was really short so we had to position the cart very carefully for it to reach the outlet, the back seat doesn't have a cover so it gets wetter than the Disney ones and the seats were stained so it just didn't look clean even though it was. None of these is enough to bother me but I thought I'd mention them in case these things would bother you.

I'd recommend putting a towel in the cart whenever you drive it somewhere so that you can dry the seats if it rains.

Kenny's carts came to less than half the price of Disney's. I think with tax they were around $35/night for the one called a 4 seater. We sat 2 adults very comfortably in the front seat and 2 tweens and a teen (all pretty thin kids) in the back seat comfortably.

living life to its fullest 3Caballeros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    IMO, you can't stay at FW without a golf cart.
    Weeelllll...... I can't help but disagree, Sandy.....

We've camped at Fort Wilderness more than 5 times and have never rented a cart. I have a personal dislike for the carts, actually. My (then) 7 year old daughter was hit by a 14 y.o. driving one there at Fort Wilderness. The ambulance had to come, etc. - it was horrible. The family with the UNDER-AGED driver was asked to leave the property for violating their policy. If my daughter hadn't been wearing a bike helmet, the situation could have been much more serious.

So.... we enjoy bike riding or walking from place to place and saving $ by not renting a golf cart.

We've stayed at FW before and actually got along fine without one. The internal bus system ran pretty efficiently, and most of the cabins are not too far from bus stops. I thought it might be nice to have one this trip because we're staying for 10 days and have several days of just hanging around the resort planned. I'd like to explore the resort a little more but I'm not one for walking just for the fun of it, and contrary to the old adage, I think I really have forgotten how to ride a bike.

Thanks for the delivery/pickup info, Trudy. I was curious about all that. I read somewhere that the resort frowns upon delivery of carts from outside vendors, which seems to be substantiated by all the rental sites. If they have any info at all about delivery, it's "call us and we'll talk about it". It all seems a bit 'cloak-and-dagger' to me, but I'm willing to play along if it means escaping the ridiculous $60/day fee that the resort charges.
    A man should never neglect his family for business. ~ Walt Disney

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    We rented not longer after Disney started getting snippy about the offsite companies. I think that may be why we had the experience where we had to call to find out where the cart was as opposed to sandy's experience with somebody meeting them. I'll admit it did seem a bit uncomfortable but now that we've experienced it I'd feel very confident doing it again.

I was looking into renting a golf cart for our trip in October (cabins-10 day trip) and wanted a quote so I checked out Tee Time's web page and entered my info. yesterday and got a call back today. The lady on the phone gave me a quote of $350 for the 10 days. She did say Disney has changed it's policy and they do not meet guests at the cabins, they have to meet across the street at the Winn Dixie. We are flying and don't have a rental car so she said that she would talk to Kenny and they would come up with some sort of plan to get the cart to us. She said they take a credit card when booking but don't charge it until 7 days prior to your trip.
    We are on the fence about needing a cart or just taking our chances with the internal bus service.... this is a good deal but makes me nervous to be honest. I've heard some horror stories but not sure if it was with Kenny's or another similar place? stories about being charged and not having the cart ever show up, calling and calling and not getting anyone to answer the phones, not being able to find the carts on property where they are supposed to be, etc.

"Across the street at the Winn-Dixie"? I can't even fathom where this is, certainly not across the street from FW. If you aren't sure. You could always just rent one from FW for 1 or 2 days. The busses are pretty efficient. I have never waited more than 10 minutes. The carts are fun if you want to spend a few days at the resort looping. It is great to see how everyone decorates their sites.
    Sweet Stephanie, bid adieu. Trampled waiting in the queue.

Time Travel : Verb Tenses
    Body Snatching :: Pronouns

We've rented from Kenny 3 times in the last 3 years and have never been disappointed. Great carts at a great price!!

Quote Originally Posted by neffernie View Post
    "Across the street at the Winn-Dixie"? I can't even fathom where this is, certainly not across the street from FW. If you aren't sure. You could always just rent one from FW for 1 or 2 days. The busses are pretty efficient. I have never waited more than 10 minutes. The carts are fun if you want to spend a few days at the resort looping. It is great to see how everyone decorates their sites.
    That part was making me nervous too! lol

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    For only a couple of days, I'd just rent from the resort.

We never considered just a few days but that's an good idea. We usually spend all our time at the parks but since we are staying at the cabins, I thought maybe we would like to explore the grounds.