Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Things that are Free-ish.

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thadine View Post
    ** While at Epcot your child will get the chance to make a mask in the kidcot stations in Worldshowcase. In every country he/she can get a charm to hang on the mask
    I could have sworn that I read that they replaced the masks with some kind of Duffy colouring thing. We haven't done kidcot in a long time (whose brilliant idea was it to give sharpies to kids?) so I haven't paid attention.

living life to its fullest 3Caballeros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
    I could have sworn that I read that they replaced the masks with some kind of Duffy colouring thing. We haven't done kidcot in a long time (whose brilliant idea was it to give sharpies to kids?) so I haven't paid attention.
    Yes, Duffy the Bear has replaced the "masks" but, really, it's the same thing. A cardboard cutout that can be colored with indelible ink.

anything that isnt princesses DWCricket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandie View Post
    If you ride the monorail, try to get in the first car, even if you can't get a ride in the nose, the engineer usually will give your kids a free trading card.
    I don't think they allow this anymore??

However, the bus drivers for Disney Transport have trading cards if you ask. The kids love them.

Not free, but pressed pennies- there are usually machines in many of the stores and that helps the "I wanna's" when your dumped into a store after a ride.
    Me, DH, DD11, DS7 , DS4

2003-off site
    2006-CSR
    2009-POR
    Nov 2011-returning to POR

They don't allow it any more. Not since the accident.

living life to its fullest 3Caballeros's Avatar
    I'm confused, Mousehelper........ what is not allowed anymore ?

proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Caballeros View Post
    I'm confused, Mousehelper........ what is not allowed anymore ?
    Sitting in the front of the monorail. They stopped after the deadly accident a couple of years ago.

Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!

Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

Quote Originally Posted by jilly7896 View Post
    Sitting in the front of the monorail. They stopped after the deadly accident a couple of years ago.
    We had a nice conversation with a monorail CM this week who told us that the monorail is regulated the Florida Dept. of Transpo and that Disney has petitioned them five times to allow guests to ride in the front. Since the monorail is considered transportation and not a ride, the FDOT will not allow guests to ride in the front. The CM doesn't know if Disney will continue to petition FDOT, but he hopes they do!

proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    My kids really enjoyed it the few times we were able to! I hope they allow it again too!

Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!

Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

Still recalls that Hollywood & Vine's food was unmemorable
    Born in Brooklyn, you never really leave no matter where you live
    How awful, riding in the nose was great

But they still do the trading cards, yes?

All forms of transportation will pass out trading cards, including the boats. You may have to ask for them though.

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla! jandeeah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue63 View Post
    But they still do the trading cards, yes?
    Yes when we were there in Sept they did them. Just ask every once in a while someone was out of them once the CM felt so bad they gave DD a pin instead. You can also get them at the little info booth at MK near the buses and boats.

Electric Water Pageant

A great way to end a day at MK!

Of course we can't forget the Floating Electrical Pageant! Thanks for sharing!

Free hot chocolate!

Everyone probably already knows this, but it was new to us. We were at MK a few weeks back and the weather turned quite chilly (relatively speaking). We had reservations at Crystal Palace and the had self-serve complimentary hot chocolate just outside the entrance doors. I've seen the complimentary ice water on hot days there, but the hot chocolate was a first for us. We sent the hubbys to go fetch us some later that night while we were waiting for fireworks. As for quality, let's just say I would not have been thrilled if I had paid $6 for it. For free, however, no complaints.

Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    I didn't know about that! Thanks for sharing, Mandi!

I don't think we've mentioned the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards that they have at MK. We don't play the game but enjoy collecting the free cards!

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    FWIW other resorts have 'movies under the stars' as well. Just without the campfire...
    HEY! I know you! LOL!

Where do you go to get the night vision goggles to view the animals at AKL? We were going to do that last year, but I wasn't sure where to go.

I did want to mention that you can also get transportation cards at the TTC. We asked the ferry captain who was changing shifts at the time. He went in the building and sent a CM out to us. She came with rolls of stickers and stacks of cards. We got all the ones the kids hadn't collected through the week. It was our last day. The kids were thrilled to be able to get the rest of the boats and buses.
    Robyn

Quote Originally Posted by momofkids View Post
    Where do you go to get the night vision goggles to view the animals at AKL? We were going to do that last year, but I wasn't sure where to go.

See the little paw print in the center of the right hand side of the map? That's where the night vision area is. The DH and I came across it by accident on night. It was pretty neat. There weren't a lot of animals for us to see, but we had fun talking to the CMs.
    (Just) Karen

dawn
    The Boardwalk Ballyhoo Guided tour, departs Wed-Sat at 9am, 45 minutes, no sign up required. Check in at Bellevue Lounge 15 minutes prior to departure...open to all ages.

At AKL, do the culinary tour of Boma and Jiko (it's around 4:00). At Boma, they gave us a free zebra dome, and at Jiko they gave us several Taste Of Africa appetizers to share while they talked. You dion't have to be staying at AKL to take this tour. I went to one several years ago at Sanaa where they gave you a free appetizer Bread Service at the end of the tour, but I don't know if they give that to you anymore.

More free stuff! Yay! Keep 'em coming!

More free stuff! Yay! Keep 'em coming!

dawn
    does anyone know if you have to be staying on disney property to experience any of these?? do they 'check' for a room card?

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    They don't check room cards at the resorts with the exception of entering the pool areas.

dawn
    thanks