Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things that are Free-ish.

Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar

Things that are Free-ish.

Did you know there are lots of free things to enjoy on (or while planning for) your Walt Disney World vacation?

Share your idea/s and I'll add them to our list!

For planning:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...dMapsFlashPage <--- click here and create customized maps of each park. These are high quality and so fun to get in the mail. If you are short on time, you can print them at home.

https://www.disneyvacations.com/dv/e...D/index?bhcp=1 <--- click here to order your free Disney Parks Vacation Planning DVD.

At WDW:

Chip'n Dale's Campfire Sing-a-long. "Gather 'round the campfire at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort with your nutty pals for songs and fun, then watch a classic Disney movie under the stars." Free for all (not just Ft. Wilderness campers.)

There are campfire programs at the Grand Floridian and Beach Club, too.

Port Orleans Riverside has a campfire program, sing a long and stories, S'mores kits for sale ($7)
    http://http://www.portorleans.org/recreation.php

We love to go over to the Boardwalk. We sit and watch the performers and just take in the atmosphere.

Also, we love to head over to the Polynesian beach to watch Wishes. My husband and I will get a drink and sit on the chairs and the boys will play in the sand.

If you ride the monorail, try to get in the first car, even if you can't get a ride in the nose, the engineer usually will give your kids a free trading card.

Tennis! There are two tennis courts at Ft. Wilderness and equipment is free to borrow at the Bike Barn. (First come, first served.)

There's plenty more! What have you found for free at WDW?
    Last edited by Brandie; 02-20-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Updated.

Netflix queue currently at 3,912 - all Disney related LizD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandie View Post
    Chip'n Dale's Campfire Sing-a-long. "Gather 'round the campfire at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort with your nutty pals for songs and fun, then watch a classic Disney movie under the stars."
    I have been wondering about this: is it only for folks staying at the Fort Wilderness Resort? Thx!

proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookmommy View Post
    I have been wondering about this: is it only for folks staying at the Fort Wilderness Resort? Thx!
    No, it is open to everyone! It's really cute.

Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!

Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

The Campfire Sing-along and movie are free to all.

There's plenty more! What have you found for free at WDW?
    I don't know if you would consider 'Freebies' but two of my family's favorite things to do cost no money at all! We love to go over to the Boardwalk. We sit and watch the performers and just take in the atmosphere. Also, we love to head over to the Polynesian beach to watch Wishes. My husband and I will get a drink and sit on the chairs and the boys will play in the sand. It never gets old :)

Like me on Facebook!

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

Jill, I'd consider those freebies! I've heard good things about Wishes from the Poly beach. The only time I've tried we got rained on and gave up. I'm planning on it this time around!

Thanks for your contributions!

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    The Campfire Sing-along and movie are free to all.
    FWIW other resorts have 'movies under the stars' as well. Just without the campfire...
    Janine

Still recalls that Hollywood & Vine's food was unmemorable
    Born in Brooklyn, you never really leave no matter where you live
    Port Orleans Riverside has a campfire program, sing a long and stories, S'mores kits for sale ($7)

http://http://www.portorleans.org/recreation.php

Still recalls that Hollywood & Vine's food was unmemorable
    Born in Brooklyn, you never really leave no matter where you live
    If you ride the monorail, try to get in the first car, even if you can't get a ride in the nose, the engineer usually will give your kids a free trading card.

Quote Originally Posted by jilly7896 View Post
    Also, we love to head over to the Polynesian beach to watch Wishes. My husband and I will get a drink and sit on the chairs and the boys will play in the sand. It never gets old :)
    It certainly doesn't Jill! We've stayed at the Poly 3x. And on those evenings we're at the resort, even if I had to go out to the beach by myself, I never miss a chance to watch Wishes ...
    Matt

[AKL 11/06 | POLY 9/07 | POLY 11/08 | CSR 9/09 | BC/POLY 7-8/10 | BLT 1/11 | BLT/POLY 9/13 | BLT 7/16]

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    FWIW other resorts have 'movies under the stars' as well. Just without the campfire...

Janine, I'm aware of campfire and movie programs at the Grand Floridian and Beach Club. (And, now Port Orleans -- Thanks True.) Are there others?

Janine, I'm aware of campfire and movie programs at the Grand Floridian and Beach Club. (And, now Port Orleans -- Thanks True.) Are there others?
    I read something, somewhere in a trip report of movies at OKW. But, I know nothing of the details and if it's seasonal or not.
    (Just) Karen

Great ideas! Here's another one . . .

Tennis! There are two tennis courts at Ft. Wilderness and equipment is free to borrow at the Bike Barn. (First come, first served.)

Quote Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
    I read something, somewhere in a trip report of movies at OKW. But, I know nothing of the details and if it's seasonal or not.
    Karen, I think you're right! Poolside, maybe? Any other resorts offer this?

Keep the Disney Freebies comin'! I've stickied this thread and added all of your contributions to the original post. Let's make this the go-to source on the web for free WDW fun.

When we stayed at ASMU they had movies by the pool in the evenings. They also had Wii tournaments during the day in the food court. My son won the Wii bowling tourament and recieved an arcade gift card. This was in 2007. Not sure if they still do it...

Like me on Facebook!

loves surprises, but not very good at them Thadine's Avatar
    **Your child can sit in the last seat of the WDW Steam railroad and ask the conductor if he/she can say "all aboard"!!!!! before the train pulls away. The conductor won't offer it you have to ask for it.
    ** Free Birthday buttons at Cityhall on Mainstreet in MK
    ** While at Epcot your child will get the chance to make a mask in the kidcot stations in Worldshowcase. In every country he/she can get a charm to hang on the mask

Something that was free too but isn't there anymore, was the Candylady Miyuki at Epcot,
    She would choose children randomly and they could choose an animal and she would make that animal in candy for them.
    My son was lucky enough to get choosen once. It was super cool!!!
    Thadine

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    They have the movies poolside at SSR also.

How about listing that all of the resorts have activities going on during the day. You should get a list of what is going on during the week when you check in. If not, ask about it.
    Brenda

Karen, I think you're right! Poolside, maybe?
    Poolside sounds right.
    (Just) Karen

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    Didn't know the others had campfires as well. Wildnerness Lodge has movies on the beach and Contemporary has movies in the main pool area..
    You can't see wishes from the WL beach, can you?
    Janine

Visit a Butterfly Garden! Rumor has it there is one at the Contemporary and one at Ft. Wilderness. Call the gardening hotline (407) 938-3900 to ask for specifics.

View wildlife from the Animal Kingdom Lodge. There are viewing areas and, at night, a cast member offers night vision glasses for optimal viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Didn't know the others had campfires as well. Wildnerness Lodge has movies on the beach and Contemporary has movies in the main pool area..
    You can't see wishes from the WL beach, can you?
    I can't answer that for you, but you can see Wishes from the beach at Ft. Wilderness. (Unfortunately, not from the campfire/movie area.)

Anyone? Wishes from WL?

on josh's private jet to tokyo disneysea...someday
    You can't forget the Floating Electrical Pageant which happens for free every night of the year and can be seen by sitting out on the lake and watching at the following locations and times:

Polynesian Resort -- 9 p.m.
    Grand Floridian -- 9:15 p.m.
    Wilderness Lodge -- 9:35 p.m.
    Fort Wilderness -- 9:45 p.m.
    Contemporary Resort -- 10:05 p.m.

Of course we can't forget the Floating Electrical Pageant! Thanks for sharing!