Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheat Sheet - Feedback?

Oh lawd, if I saw someone looking at the map in the park on an iPad I would "accidentally" knock them over.

Why?

I love it! Very easy to follow and I'll be printing off the crowd level/wait time and putting notes to the side to indicate the touring plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marianna View Post
    Why?

:))).. yeah...okay. I've seen that too.

I had to register after lurking around for weeks just to tell you that I love this cheatsheet! For a total newbie like me, this is wonderful and I wish I had seen this before I gave TP $12 for something far more confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by HBandPB'smom View Post
    I had to register after lurking around for weeks just to tell you that I love this cheatsheet! For a total newbie like me, this is wonderful and I wish I had seen this before I gave TP $12 for something far more confusing.
    Welcome!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

Genius! I do have one question. Are we expecting this to all be different when FP+ rolls out? I just wonder if you will have to re-do everything at that time! I guess the old fast pass system will still be available if people choose? Thanks for everything Josh!

Yeah, but I'm hoping these don't take very long to write up. Like a day or two. And change is inevitable. It's either write something now or deal with another three months of:

Where are the touring plans?

This is at least something.

wonderful I was actually getting ready to make my plans for august then post, now i am going to print out your stuff and that will answer most of my questions. I do have to ask what do you do for a living? I am hoping you are making a ton of money by doing all of this for us and if you aren't you should be. I am going to pour us a glass of wine right now to toast you, no need to toast back I will drink both glasses...

Netflix queue currently at 3,912 - all Disney related LizD's Avatar
    This is something that I absolutely would print off. I don't have an iPhone so I would, indeed, use hard copies. It's perfect for that "I've got 15 minutes, what should I do?" time. Or if you're in WDW and plans change for some reason someone like me who needs a plan but isn't a WDW expert would at least be able to whip something up on the fly. LOVE!

I would probably print the map 8.5x11 but shrink the text to fit on the back of my map print out.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Yeah, but I'm hoping these don't take very long to write up. Like a day or two. And change is inevitable. It's either write something now or deal with another three months of:

Where are the touring plans?

This is at least something.
    Well, we appreciate it! And we look forward to the updated versions after FP+ kicks in! :)

I think the chart would be something useful...maybe not for in the park use....but itinerary and/or touring planning.not sure if anybody has mentioned this yet, but I think adding a similar chart with expected/typical Fastpass return times for each fast pass attraction for various crowd levels/ recommendation levels. The map really doesn't do much for me...might be better to make a map for recommended touring strategy...one for mornings... And one for late arrivals/afternoon touring. Maybe a third for evening/ late night touring. Maybe just overlaying some numbered circles in the sequence that is recommended....and different colors for different times of day...red for morning touring...green for afternoon/ late arrival touring... And purple/blue for late evening touring.

~Kyle~

August '93 - Swan & Dolphin
    July '97 - Dixie Landings
    May 2000 - Offsite
    July '04 - Offsite
    January '11 - Offsite

April '13 - Coronado Springs -Engaged!
    April '14 - Grand Floridian Honeymoon!
    April '15 - 7-night East. Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy
    Sep '15 - Contemporary - Food & Wine/MNSSHP
    Feb '16 - 7-night West. Caribbean Star Wars Cruise

Representing color blind individuals and laser printer owners, augmenting the color coding with a pattern of some sort would not hurt our collective feelings.

Looks awesome. This will especially be great to have the "official" Ideal Morning plans posted somewhere.

My first thought was that the yellow and green looked too similar, so I think it would be worth choosing some different colors that have more contrast.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

I think this is awesome- especially the wait times based on crowd levels. I was actually going to come on here today and ask what wait times would look like on a 1-2 day since we're going to see a few of those in Sept!

The only thing I would add is a note about how to get to the park, i.e. briefly explain the TTC for MK, ferry vs monorail, resort monorail vs TTC monorail, the International Gateway at Epcot, etc.
    Me (Heather) DH (Patrick)
    DS16 (Alex) DD5 (Savannah)

also, would it be crazy hard to add the attraction exits to the map? That was one issue we ran into when we'd split up for a ride that DD was too little to go on. DS and I would come out of a ride and not be able to find DH and DD because they were still waiting at the entrance- they didn't always realize that the exit was in a different location. Would also help people decide where to park strollers so they can pick them up quickly after they exit the ride, instead of leaving them by the entrance.
    Me (Heather) DH (Patrick)
    DS16 (Alex) DD5 (Savannah)

LOVE!

Nini

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    Wow. Love the times chart. Very helpful for doing touring plans.
    Janine

Wow! This is amazing! I would print this out and bring it along. I don't have a trip planned (yet), but I want to print it out anyway. This map gives such a clear idea about paths and attractions. The document contains a wealth of information in such a compact format. Love it!

Hi, new to site... Wow I love this. I'm planning a trip for 15, (family reunion kind of thing) and I can just imagine printing this and distributing to my sisters, bil and mom and pop... I agree though that a print behind the color would be amazing on the map for my legally blind husband. This is so clear and concise! Thanks for being awesome like that.

I think it's fabulous! On a side note, I don't get why someone would take their Ipad into the parks. I love my Ipad but isn't that just a bit too bulky? What do you do with it while on the rides?

will return when the custom user titles improve bdlily's Avatar
    These are great. The only feedback I have is you might want to make the top priority attractions a brighter color- I almost missed them.

Also, on the chart with the crowd levels and numbers by the attractions- I'm assuming those numbers are wait times in minutes for that time of day and crowd level. Maybe a header or something saying that those numbers are for minutes would be helpful. I know that might seem obvious but for someone new who hasn't read through the site it might not be clear.

Overall I really love this. Love, love, love.
    Brooke
    WDW- CR '80, GF '89, GF '95, GF '01, GF '04, Poly '05, BWI '07, BC '07, AoA '13
    DL- DLH '88, Best Western '09, GCH '10, GCH '11

Top notch! If I happen to bump into you when we are there the first week of May, I'm going to offer to buy you a scotch. Love your site.

Wow! Great idea Josh. So helpful.
    June 2011 Poly, May 2013 POR, June 2015 CBR, June 2017 POR, March 2018 CSR, June 2018 POR