Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Game of Thrones

Last night was my favorite episode of TV ever.

The few remaining positive qualities of Stannis have now completely vanished.

At least it was a fun ending to the episode.

Who am I rooting for now?

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    you know nothing
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Spoiler!

Sure, read all you want about Jon Snow online, etc., but...

...how will season 6 begin where Jon Snow is concerned? He's really dead? Melisandre works her black magic? He becomes a wight?

Stay tuned...great final three episodes.

BB32

BDUB32
    "It's all part of the experience, honey."

Cast: Me - The Planner/Disney Lover, DW - The Reluctant Participant, DS14 - The Student, DD8 - The Princess, DD6 - The Terror

WDW Offsite: Summer 198? (when Epcot was new and still cool), Spring Break 1990, January 2003, Spring Break 2013
    WDW Onsite: August 2014 - Split POR/DYC, August 2015 - CBR, Spring Break 2016 - POFQ
    DLR Offsite: June 2018

Quote Originally Posted by BDUB32 View Post
    Spoiler!

Sure, read all you want about Jon Snow online, etc., but...

...how will season 6 begin where Jon Snow is concerned? He's really dead? Melisandre works her black magic? He becomes a wight?

Stay tuned...great final three episodes.

BB32

Maybe he'll end up like Lady Stoneheart, who we still have not seen either...
    1st Trip - Honeymoon! - 1983
    Latest Trip - Bucket List trip with Grandkids - 2014

With Melisandre at Castle Black that points to a resurrection of sorts. All the show runners and Kit Harrington himself say he is "dead" so he could have a new name when he "returns" Azor Ahai maybe? probably?

The anticipation is killing me!

Wait, it's like 10 months away minimum, right!!?! Arrrrggghh!

Great show. HBO kills it yet again.

BDUB32
    "It's all part of the experience, honey."

Cast: Me - The Planner/Disney Lover, DW - The Reluctant Participant, DS14 - The Student, DD8 - The Princess, DD6 - The Terror

WDW Offsite: Summer 198? (when Epcot was new and still cool), Spring Break 1990, January 2003, Spring Break 2013
    WDW Onsite: August 2014 - Split POR/DYC, August 2015 - CBR, Spring Break 2016 - POFQ
    DLR Offsite: June 2018

haha

This season of True Detective is not getting outstanding reviews!

Good job by Brienne. It would have been more satisfying if she could have gone on to visit Ramsey.

True Detective had no chance of living up to last season, but maybe it will turn out to be good.

The 30 second preview for next week's True Detective was more interesting and enjoyable than the 60 minutes of episode 1. Vince Vaughn is horribly miscast.

I think I will give it a whirl. There is not much else on television these days.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I think I will give it a whirl. There is not much else on television these days.
    If early reviews hold true then, "Hey, there's nothing else on!" may be the most effective marketing slogan.

Well, in the same time slot that Game of Thrones was in ( 8:00pm on Sunday), we now have BATTLEBOTS! It's Back! It was GREAT! Last night we got to see our old favorites ( Nightmare, Warhead) take on the newbies. We also got to see the little girl who made the Ladybug bot back in the day, come back with her newest creation. She is all grown up now, and rocks the wrench!

I love Battlebots. Last night was like old home week for me, so much joy at the return of this series. It's been a long time since I've yelled at the TV screen, with that much fervor.
    1st Trip - Honeymoon! - 1983
    Latest Trip - Bucket List trip with Grandkids - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    The 30 second preview for next week's True Detective was more interesting and enjoyable than the 60 minutes of episode 1. Vince Vaughn is horribly miscast.
    When they announced the cast, I told myself I probably wouldn't watch it. But like Josh said:

I really enjoyed the first episode of True Detective S2. But competition at the moment isn't exactly fierce. Sometimes I wonder if Game of Thrones is really done all that well. The source material is seemingly so epic, but the first season in particular is a total mess in my opinion.

I really enjoyed the first episode of True Detective S2. But competition at the moment isn't exactly fierce. Sometimes I wonder if Game of Thrones is really done all that well. The source material is seemingly so epic, but the first season in particular is a total mess in my opinion.
    I agree. It may have come up here before but a big problem for Game of Thrones (especially in the first season) is that there are so many characters and areas/cities to introduce that it can get cluttered.

Usually as a result of something happening in the show they don't like, some have said they will stop watching. That's not really an option for me because I almost always finish shows I start. Sometimes I end up really happy when a show has a series finale so I don't have to watch anymore.

(I got a little off so,)