Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FastPass+

upstate, NY, wish I lived at Disney World!!
    Quote Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
    If we ever do leave WDW property to head to Universal, we'll definitely be staying at one of their resorts so we can get that FOTL pass. No way could we do it any other way.

Does anybody know if Universal in California has anything like that?

upstate, NY, wish I lived at Disney World!!
    Universal in California does have a ticket option where you can buy a front of the line pass, I don't believe that you automAtically get it if you are staying onsite, you have to pay for the ticket price. We had city pass tickets, and I don't remember if it was included, but we were there in may and didn't feel we needed it

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    Thanks! We'll be going early August so I'm sure it'll be busy. I don't think I remember seeing anything about it in the city pass info (we're considering that as well since we're thinking of a few days in San Diego as well) but I'll definitely look at it as well as the universal ticket info. I'm also looking at maybe a YES class at DL so if we do that then we definitely won't be doing the city pass.

Anybody else have any experience with the FOTL thing in Universal CA?

he's right
    I've known people that stay at Disney and use Royal Pacific as a throwaway hotel for a night, just to get the FOTL for two days.
    We did this last summer, staying at HGVC-SeaWorld. Cheaper than two days of express for the four of us, and the pool area at RPR is really quite nice. Poolside service, too!

I am kind of excited that FP+ might slow my speed loving DH down so I can enjoy wandering around WDW a little more. I haven't even told him anything about it yet but might have to since our trip isn't until the end of October. It would be nice to be able to hit RD at one park, do what we want there and then hop to another that evening or sleep in a little and still manage to ride the headliners.
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
    Thanks! We'll be going early August so I'm sure it'll be busy. I don't think I remember seeing anything about it in the city pass info (we're considering that as well since we're thinking of a few days in San Diego as well) but I'll definitely look at it as well as the universal ticket info. I'm also looking at maybe a YES class at DL so if we do that then we definitely won't be doing the city pass.

Anybody else have any experience with the FOTL thing in Universal CA?
    A coworker of mine just got back from there. She bought the FOTL because she was going over Spring Break. She was there at park open and was shocked that no one was there so didn't use the FOTL until later in the day. She said it was still worth it because then she was able to go back in the afternoon with no waits when the lines got worse. PS - she loved the Transformer ride!
    There is a great and lasting truth about the family of man. A truth which separates us from all the other creatures of the Earth. We can dream.
    ~Tapestry of Nations~

Quote Originally Posted by ceb104 View Post
    A coworker of mine just got back from there. She bought the FOTL because she was going over Spring Break. She was there at park open and was shocked that no one was there so didn't use the FOTL until later in the day. She said it was still worth it because then she was able to go back in the afternoon with no waits when the lines got worse. PS - she loved the Transformer ride!
    Good to know. Thank you!

I have 67 days until my WDW trip and will be staying at the Art of Animation resort. Almost at the 60 day mark and wanted to know if anybody has been able to book the fastpass + yet through the app or the website. I have a feeling they are so far behind in the roll out that it will not be up at the "magical" 60 day mark.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Highly doubtful it would be up and fully operational in the next seven days.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunbunch View Post
    Universal in California does have a ticket option where you can buy a front of the line pass, I don't believe that you automAtically get it if you are staying onsite, you have to pay for the ticket price. We had city pass tickets, and I don't remember if it was included, but we were there in may and didn't feel we needed it
    I found the FOTL info if anybody's interested. It looks like you can't buy multi-day tickets with FOTL passes attached, only single days. The price during my August stay is $159pp and includes 1 day admission while a 2 day ticket is $89pp. Wow, that's a HUGE difference in price. It gives you FOTL for every attraction and seating I guess in a reserved area for every show but wow, that's expensive. Then there's always the VIP experience for $299pp which is a LOT of money for one day but it does include a light breakfast plus a TS lunch in a private dining room. That's the same price as a one day Adventures by Disney Hollywood tour I was thinking about. Hmmmm..... I'll have to think about that option. Oooh, for only $20 more than the 2 day ticket you can get an AP. Hmmmm...... If we bring my DSD and her DH and we don't do a FOTL thing I'll definitely make sure to get them APs instead of just regular tickets. I wonder if any of the cost of a FOTL ticket can be applied to APs? Hmmm.... So much to think about.
    http://www.universalstudioshollywood...-of-line-pass/