Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FastPass+

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    The device is a way to collect FP+, but you'll be able to collect the, regardless of which type of device you have.

In IL, our I-Pass toll transponders come in different guises. I have one that's mounted on my front license plate because I don't want a bulky device suctioned to my windshield. But IL still collects my money regardless.
    They always find a way to collect your money. This part, I understand. I'm from Taxachusetts. :)

he's right
    EVERYBODY PANIC!

More seriously: yes, things are changing. No, we don't know precisely how. Reading too much into the individual phrases of the terms will get you nowhere, because it only says what *can* happen, not what *will* happen---and even then, it probably doesn't spell out everything possible.

The current reality is that people are already not equal in their access to the park, the simplest example being EMH, and the next example being the Party days in which they manage to get a single park to generate two sets of admissions. The economics of the way theme parks work suggests that, eventually, Disney will figure out a way to more directly monetize expedited access to attractions, shows, etc. via FP+. The past behavior of the company suggests that, if they do so, they will do it in a way that doesn't completely tick off people who are not big spenders. So, the world will probably not end.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    So, the world will probably not end.
    Wanna put that in writing for me? Oh wait, you already did.

:: slinks off to print your post ::
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

he's right
    The information on the world's eventual end provided by SNARKY FORUM GUY is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and SNARKY FORUM GUY makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, to any actual or prospective person living on the world as to the existence, ownership, or condition of the world or as to the accuracy or completeness of any information about the world contained in this post. SNARKY FORUM GUY reserves the right to terminate any world at any time, in its sole discretion. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such materials shall be at your sole risk. SNARKY FORUM GUY reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any error or omission in any portion of the post. Any and all concerns, differences, or discrepancies must be addressed with SNARKY FORUM GUY prior to the end of the world.

he's right
    (Sorry, I've been up for quite a number of hours already trying to finish a grant proposal before I disappear for vacation tomorrow. Too much coffee.)

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Sorry, but my old eyes can't read a font that small.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

he's right
    Edited for your convenience.

The information on the world's eventual end provided by SNARKY FORUM GUY is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and SNARKY FORUM GUY makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, to any actual or prospective person living on the world as to the existence, ownership, or condition of the world or as to the accuracy or completeness of any information about the world contained in this post. SNARKY FORUM GUY reserves the right to terminate any world at any time, in its sole discretion. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such materials shall be at your sole risk. SNARKY FORUM GUY reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any error or omission in any portion of the post. Any and all concerns, differences, or discrepancies must be addressed with SNARKY FORUM GUY prior to the end of the world.
    Awesome post.

he's right
    ProTip: google for "auto sales disclaimer", and substitute terms as appropriate.

will take any rain...even if its men. RoonieRoo's Avatar
    Very soggy, muddy, flooding plains of the Blackland Prairie! Yay for flooding!
    Not really looking forward to this.

You may make FastPass+ selections for one park per day. You may only select and use a FastPass+ selection for a particular attraction, entertainment or restaurant experience once per day.
    Wouldn't this impact the value of park hoppers?

makes josh ride in the passenger seat Rhonda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    Later on it reads: All FastPass+ selections, whether arranged by you or a Connected Friend, expire at the end of the day for which they were confirmed.

If they don't expire until the end of the day, you should be able to change them as long as it is on and for that same day.
    I think that is only if you change it before the time of your attraction. Once you miss the window, it's gone, so now instead of 3 you have 2.
    Rhonda (obviously)

2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~ASMo (mom and son trip)
    /with 2 "I won a contest" nights at POFQ!
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp

Our August 2011 Trip Report

I was expecting the word perpetuity at some point in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerkell View Post
    My question is this.....We're a party of 3. The 17 yo will be riding EE, ToT, etc. and the other 2 will not be. Can his FP+ options be different ones than the other 2 members our our party? He's old enough to go off and do the thrill rides on his own, and the other 2 would like to opt for different FP+ options if possible.
    I believe yes. At least during the trial that we were in, you can make diffent experiences for each guest in your party. MY concern is we will be splitting up parks one day, so Im afraid my friends wont have FP at AK if we have them at HS. Im not giving up FP for HS!!!
    Rhonda (obviously)

2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    I think it will make them more valuable. Imagine spending the morning at MK, then hopping to HS in the afternoon, knowing you have fp for tsmm. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RoonieRoo View Post
    Not really looking forward to this.

What people are saying now is go to a green morning park, then park hop somewhere else and have your FP+ there. There is nothing that says you cant park hop, you just cant make FP reservations at 2 parks. This might even make it easier to hop since you will show up in the afternoon with 3 (or however many) rides waiting for you.

That being said, I still hate this whole idea.

Sorry, posting at same time as Pam
    Rhonda (obviously)

2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp

he's right
    Having followed this on and off for a while now---mostly out of morbid curiosity---here is my best guess about how this all shakes down, at least to start:

* A total of at most three FP+ per day, though there is a chance that there might be 4 at MK.
    * Attractions in groups, with a smaller limit per group. (For example: Coaster, Tower, Toy Story, and Fantasmic in a group, at most two).
    * At most one FP+ per attraction/show (so, no doubling up on Toy Story)
    * Everyone has the same access, onsite or off, Deluxe or Value.
    * APers will have a (generous) limit of total FP+ per quarter, in addition to the daily limit (this is a little speculative; have seen less about this.)
    * A chance of bonus (but pointless) FP+ being randomly granted, similar to today's Philharmagic Bonus FPs that sometimes print.
    * Many more attractions/shows/experiences will be FP+ enabled than just the rides with FP today.

I expect the following to be "power user" strategies:

* Prefer late afternoon/evening FP+ reservations, and make hay during the first hour or two after rope drop, for morning/break/evening days
    * Put those FP+ reservations on one "side" of the park to avoid criss-crossing in the morning (e.g. If you can FP+ only two of three mountains, always pick Splash and Thunder, and you can ignore the West Side all morning).
    * Prefer to FP+ attractions with low capacity (e.g. Fantasyland dark rides rather than the Omnimovers)
    * Use FP+ to enable an extra late night/sleep-in day or two during busy seasons with late park hours.
    * Use FP+ for things that rope drop can't help you with (e.g. Fantasmic.) or that have sketchy uptime (e.g. Test Track, and these days, Tower)

But, the practical impact of FP+ will be that "power users" will be slightly more limited than the current system affords. On the other hand, those of us with teens (or those who just don't want to get up) will find that the new system is helpful.

The 3/park limit is based on a pretty good guess at total attraction capacity in each park, but depends on the current FP-enabled attraction count and an assumption that every single guest uses 3 every single day. As more and more things get added to FP+, and as Disney gains experience regarding how many guests still don't use FP+, the total number per day per user could go up.

Likewise, I expect that over time, Disney will offer some extra benefits in some form to onsite guests vs. offsite, and to guests who spend a lot vs. those who don't. That could be extra FP+, a head start at reserving, a relaxation of the grouping rules, or whatever. "Spend a lot" could happen in a variety of different ways. The obvious way is "stay in a more expensive resort", but there are other possibilities. For example, a promotion for a bonus FP+ if you buy $X in merchandise-only gift cards. Another example: a bonus FP+ for every guest who actually checks in to ride ME (because not having a car -> more money goes to Disney).

I can even imagine bonus FP+ as a way to draw more attendance to low-attendance times of year---at those times the total "pressure" on the FP+ system is lower, but conversely you don't need them as badly.

Really, the possibilities are endless.

This is going to be interesting for a visitor like myself. AP holder/lives in the area. I sometimes plan a trip in advance, but more likely my visits are planned a week or even a day prior. I may not have much to choose from in the FP+ selections. Hopefully I can continue to access regular FP but with the added bonus of being able to pull them electronically via the app.

he's right
    All signs suggest that regular FP is headed to Yesterland. There will still be same-day reservations available, but they will be part of the FP+ system.

There may be some FP+ slots at each attraction that are held back until same-day. Those that you make same-day may or may not be part of the quarterly limit (assuming there is one to begin with). But, it seems very very unlikely that there will be two different systems for virtual queueing.

I have the idea that when they say there will no longer be a choice between FP and FP+ it's just their way of saying the entire system has now been plused. Next generation and all that. Hopefully I'll still be able to tour in a similar manner, only plused, and hopefully everyone with FP+ in hand will figure they now don't have to rush to RD, leaving me more time to ride with lowered crowd levels! :)

Well, I'll have to wait and see with everyone else.

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    I'm really hoping that with FP+ more people will skip RD. We can only do morning through lunch in the parks so between hopefully lower RD crowds (a girl can hope, can't she?) and FPs in the morning we should actually make out pretty well if it goes as everybody's speculating. I'm actually hoping that FP+ might make some attractions that we can't do right now due to DD15's autism (mostly shows and parades though I might try to see about one firework show in a trip) possible if they're FP+ enabled. I'm very curious to see how FP+ will impact GACs, if they impact them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
    I'm actually hoping that FP+ might make some attractions that we can't do right now due to DD15's autism (mostly shows and parades though I might try to see about one firework show in a trip) possible if they're FP+ enabled. I'm very curious to see how FP+ will impact GACs, if they impact them at all.
    ^^^This!

With Andy's issues, we've never seen F!, we skip most character meets, we don't watch Wishes, and Andy just saw MSEP for the first time a few weeks ago because we "literally" walked into MK 5 minutes before it started and there was a spot for the two of us to stand right in the front. It would be awesome to be able to "reserve" a spot for the fireworks so we can actually experience it. I'm thinking it will be good for us, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    ~Brandi

Im wondering about GAC too.
    Rhonda (obviously)

2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp

he's right

I will stay away from the GAC discussion, but just say this one thing. Unfortunately, like most systems put in place to help people, GAC's help some people and are abused by others. It would be nice if they could create a system where only those that need help get it, but that's very unlikely.

Discussing FP+ rumors with DW as we drive to see family.... she had two good questions.

What about the Rider Switch Pass ("Child Swap"), how will it change or go away?

What about the big tour groups from Brazil? They will have a hard time with FP+