Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FastPass+

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar

Cool FastPass+

The iOS app has been updated and new terms have been added about FASTPASS+. I don't know if there's anything new at all here:

DISNEY FastPass+ SERVICE
    Disney FastPass+ service allows you to select an arrival window to experience certain park attractions, character meet and greets, and quick-service restaurants, and to arrange a viewing location for certain entertainment such as fireworks, parades and shows.
    Availability of a FastPass+ experience, the number of experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited and vary based on factors such as the theme park you are visiting, the attraction or entertainment experience, the time of year and the day of the week, and prior demand. In addition, the number of days for which you can hold FastPass+ selections at any given time is limited.
    Each confirmed FastPass+ attraction, entertainment or restaurant selection is valid for (1) guest admission to the entrance of the designated FastPass+ location on the date and during the arrival window confirmed by the Site/App.
    The operating hours of all attractions, entertainment and restaurant locations are subject to closures and change without notice.
    You can make and modify FastPass+ selections for yourself, your Managed Friends, and your Connected Friends.
    Your Connected Friends can also make FastPass+ selections for you or modify the selections you've made without prior notification to you. You can view the selections and modifications made for you by Connected Friends by logging into your account and viewing your itinerary.
    FastPass+ selections made for you by a Friend will count toward the limited number of FastPass+ selections you may make and hold.
    A confirmed FastPass+ selection is not valid for admission to any theme or water park and valid park admission is required to make and use FastPass+ selections. To make a FastPass+ selection for yourself or your Friends, you must either retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account.
    Each FastPass+ selection will designate an arrival window for an attraction, restaurant location or entertainment experience. The FastPass+ selection is not valid before or after the designated arrival window or at any other FastPass+ location.
    You may make FastPass+ selections for one park per day. You may only select and use a FastPass+ selection for a particular attraction, entertainment or restaurant experience once per day.
    When you initially make FastPass+ selections for a particular park, you will choose a FastPass+ experience set. If your plans change, you may modify the entire FastPass+ experience set until the first FastPass+ experience is used or the first unused experience expires. You may also modify any unused individual FastPass+ experience any time prior to the end the day.
    All FastPass+ selections, whether arranged by you or a Connected Friend, expire at the end of the day for which they were confirmed. Unused and expired selections count toward the FastPass+ experience limit for the day.
    Magic Your Way ticket holders and annual passholders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets.
    Ticket holders holding passes or tickets with block-out dates may not make FastPass+ selections for any block-out date without the purchase of separate valid park admission and assigning that admission entitlement to their account.
    We reserve the right to re-assign or re-schedule a FastPass+ selection due to an unplanned attraction or entertainment down time or change in operating hours.
    Other restrictions and rules may apply based on type of park admission. FastPass+ experiences are not transferable, have no cash value and may not be substituted.
    Last edited by George; 03-28-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

So are they implementing this soon, or is it still in trial stages?
    Stacey, wife to Steve, Mom to 4 and Granny to 3
    Caretaker of 2 dogs, 5 cats & 2 pot-bellied pigs!!
    Disney fanatic extraordinaire!!

Quote Originally Posted by ssledoux View Post
    So are they implementing this soon, or is it still in trial stages?
    I'm not sure. When I updated the app and then opened it, I had to agree to the new terms. Maybe they're getting close to rolling this out?

Stupid Judy.

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    Availability of a FastPass+ experience, the number of experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited and vary based on factors such as the theme park you are visiting, the attraction or entertainment experience, the time of year and the day of the week, and prior demand. In addition, the number of days for which you can hold FastPass+ selections at any given time is limited.

Interesting - still flexible, and not based on where someone is staying.

Your Connected Friends annual passholders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets.can also make FastPass+ selections for you or modify the selections you've made without prior notification to you.

FastPass+ selections made for you by a Friend will count toward the limited number of FastPass+ selections you may make and hold.

Hmmmm. So my "connected" friends can mess with my itinerary without my knowledge? Niiiiiice.

To make a FastPass+ selection for yourself or your Friends, you must either retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account.

Wonder how this will work with tickets purchased off site and staying off site? I wonder if you'll be able to register tickets purchased elsewhere on the WDW site so they'll count towards this "valid park admission"?

Unused and expired selections count toward the FastPass+ experience limit for the day.

So, it sounds like if you miss one of your FP+ return windows, it won't allow you to re-schedule.

Magic Your Way ticket holders and annual passholders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets.

So, 60 days prior? It will be interesting to see how quickly something like Soarin' gets booked up on a Monday afternoon during the summer.

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Your Connected Friends annual passholders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets.can also make FastPass+ selections for you or modify the selections you've made without prior notification to you.

Hmmmm. So my "connected" friends can mess with my itinerary without my knowledge? Niiiiiice.
    This one was in there before......I have to admit that this has made me think really hard about who I want to invite in as my "friend" because I really don't want them messing with anything!!!!

To make a FastPass+ selection for yourself or your Friends, you must either retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account.

Wonder how this will work with tickets purchased off site and staying off site? I wonder if you'll be able to register tickets purchased elsewhere on the WDW site so they'll count towards this "valid park admission"?
    This definitely sounds like they will allow you to enter in a ticket purchased from an authorized reseller like UCT. But the catch here is that you must have your ticket in your hand at the time. So that means you will need to order your tickets at least 80 days in advance to insure that you have them at the 60 day mark.

Unused and expired selections count toward the FastPass+ experience limit for the day.

So, it sounds like if you miss one of your FP+ return windows, it won't allow you to re-schedule.
    This one I can see becoming a headache for CMs. You just know that they are going to be hearing all day long from those people who didn't show up in time for their FP+ experience and don't think it is fair that they now can't get another one in it's place.

We reserve the right to re-assign or re-schedule a FastPass+ selection due to an unplanned attraction or entertainment down time or change in operating hours.
    This one concerns me the most personally. Let's say that I have a 6 -7 PM FP+ for Soarin' and the ride goes down until 6:30 PM......and I'm planning on being there at 6:45 PM. Does this mean that they could change my time on me? And if they do.....how are they going to let me know? I would be beyond mad if I showed up during my window and was told that I was rescheduled for a later return time!! Of course.....now that I type this I'm thinking that maybe it is something that they do on a more personal level....like I show up at 6:10 PM and the ride is down so they give me the option of coming back at a later window and make the change while I'm there??

A couple of things that I did notice.

1- Originally when I signed up for "My Disney Experience", the "small print" specifically said that you would have to choose between FP+ and regular FP. Now there is no mention of regular FP at all.......kind of interesting.

2- There is still no confirmation on the rumored "only 3 allowed per day" limit. In fact, it looks like the number you can get will vary from park to park, attraction type to attraction type and day to day:
    Brenda

selling josh for fastpasses Jenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    When you initially make FastPass+ selections for a particular park, you will choose a FastPass+ experience set. If your plans change, you may modify the entire FastPass+ experience set until the first FastPass+ experience is used or the first unused experience expires. You may also modify any unused individual FastPass+ experience any time prior to the end the day.
    I'm guessing there won't be an 'experience set' that includes all three mountains, or the 'biggies' from any park...

I'm ready for the anticipating and the guessing to be over. I'm ready for the knowing.

honeybunny96
    Quote Originally Posted by Not That Josh View Post
    I'm ready for the anticipating and the guessing to be over. I'm ready for the knowing.
    I second that

Fed up of the talk and just need to know how it is going to work so we can work out how it will change our planning!

Quote Originally Posted by pfalcioni View Post

Later on it reads: All FastPass+ selections, whether arranged by you or a Connected Friend, expire at the end of the day for which they were confirmed.

If they don't expire until the end of the day, you should be able to change them as long as it is on and for that same day.

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust! Tinkerkell's Avatar
    My question is this.....We're a party of 3. The 17 yo will be riding EE, ToT, etc. and the other 2 will not be. Can his FP+ options be different ones than the other 2 members our our party? He's old enough to go off and do the thrill rides on his own, and the other 2 would like to opt for different FP+ options if possible.

"In order to deliver the Park Experience, we utilize radio frequency technology-enabled cards and MagicBands ("RF Devices"). Depending on the Experience benefits you have purchased, you and each member of your Experience Party will be issued a unique RF Device, which allows us to authenticate the individual using the RF Device and the benefits associated with that individual."

This is the part that got me. What the heck does that mean? Does it refer to whether we buy Park hoppers, water parks and more, etc. or are they eluding to a tiered system?

Brenda, I did notice a reference to choosing Fastpass+ and no longer being able to use regular Fastpass. It's under the section about converting tickets.
    :(

Quote Originally Posted by JustOneMoreTime View Post
    "In order to deliver the Park Experience, we utilize radio frequency technology-enabled cards and MagicBands ("RF Devices"). Depending on the Experience benefits you have purchased, you and each member of your Experience Party will be issued a unique RF Device, which allows us to authenticate the individual using the RF Device and the benefits associated with that individual."

This is the part that got me. What the heck does that mean? Does it refer to whether we buy Park hoppers, water parks and more, etc. or are they eluding to a tiered system?

Brenda, I did notice a reference to choosing Fastpass+ and no longer being able to use regular Fastpass. It's under the section about converting tickets.
    :(
    Sounds to me that depending on what type of guest you are, you may receive a Magic Band, RFID-enabled park admission, or KTTW RFID cards.

Stupid Judy.

Sounds to me that depending on what type of guest you are, you may receive a Magic Band, RFID-enabled park admission, or KTTW RFID cards.
    So what do you think that means? All guests are not equal?

~Christine

So what do you think that means? All guests are not equal?

~Christine
    I think that means not all guests have the same type of RFID device.

Stupid Judy.

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    All guests are equal, but some are more equal than others.

I think that means not all guests have the same type of RFID device.
    George, I hope that is all it means. I tend to drive myself crazy enough with planning. This whole Fastpass+ stuff feels like we have been thrown a curve ball! I HATE not knowing - lol.

George, I hope that is all it means. I tend to drive myself crazy enough with planning. This whole Fastpass+ stuff feels like we have been thrown a curve ball! I HATE not knowing - lol.
    The way that passage is worded, it only applies to the RF device, not FP+.

Stupid Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
    All guests are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Kind of like how POP guests have their own buses but GF guests share routes?

Stupid Judy.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Man, am I the only one who just scrolled down and clicked "I accept?"
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorK View Post
    Man, am I the only one who just scrolled down and clicked "I accept?"
    I was doing just that when the large FP+ section caught my eye.

Stupid Judy.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I'm just glad this version doesn't ask me to type in my password every time I start it.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

The way that passage is worded, it only applies to the RF device, not FP+.
    This is the source of my confusion, I guess. I was under the impression that the new devices were the way the access admission and Fastpass+. I thought the purpose of the new technology was to create a system much like the transponders on the windshield of my car vs. having to stop at a toll booth. I thought Fastpass+ was a benefit of Upgrading, so to speak, to the new technology. Swiping the card, or band if you will, ties all your my disney experience plans to using your Fastpass+ reservations. I wasn't looking at the two as as distinctly different, but as components of one larger thing.

sorry if all above is even confusing to read. Its confusing in my head too! Thanks to anyone who can help me sort this through.

~Christine

I still have 12 months until my next trip, so I'm counting on all of you to get it all figured out so when I start planning, you can just tell me how it works and what to do.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

The device is a way to collect FP+, but you'll be able to collect the, regardless of which type of device you have.

In IL, our I-Pass toll transponders come in different guises. I have one that's mounted on my front license plate because I don't want a bulky device suctioned to my windshield. But IL still collects my money regardless.

Stupid Judy.