Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "How to get to Point A from Point B" Thread!

Thinking of making a ADR at Biergarten on AK day. Would it be better (quicker, less walking) to
    A. Get bus to front of EPCOT and walk to the back of Wold Showcase, or
    B. Get bus to Beach Club and walk to Biergarten from there

This might sound silly but how would you get from Sanaa to AKL? We have dinner there and would also like the check out the lodge. We will most likely be arriving by cab from WL.

--or-- should we cab it to AKL then take a bus to Kidani?
    Thanks?
    Shari

May be computer illiterate, but I figured out how to set my user title myself when no one else could!! magic1106's Avatar
    We are staying a SSR and are planning to take the buses from Downtown Disney to our breakfast reservations at resorts(Cape May Cafe, 1900 PK Fare, and O'hana) What time do the buses start running and are there any better options?

Peanut butter is yummy.
    The buses to resorts from DTD don't start start running til DTD is open at 9:30, and I am not sure I would count on a bus that early from DTD to a resort.

If you have early bkft times your best bet is to just take the character bkft bus from SSR to MK- then transfer to monorail, boat (to GF) or simply walk to CR. If you let the bus driver know your destination they will often make a stop at that resort before MK. The character bkft buses start running at 6:30

For Cape May- you can take a bus to DHS then boat to BC or bus to Epcot from SSR- walk thru to BC- but that requires a park ticket (or hopper if Epcot is not
    your park of the day) and really a cab is your best bet for Cape May

proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    I was going to suggest a cab to Cape May too.

Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!

Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

May be computer illiterate, but I figured out how to set my user title myself when no one else could!! magic1106's Avatar
    Thank you!

My son and I are staying at the All-Star Movies Resort this December for our first Disney Christmas trip together! (wooo!). We have an 9:50 am ADR at Cape May Cafe, and it's our one and only non-park-specific reservation for the week. I know we have to use a theme park bus, but which one would be better - Hollywood Studios bus or the Epcot bus? We don't have Park Hopper tickets, and it won't be on our Epcot day. Thanks for the help!
    Jul '11 - CBR (DS's first trip to Disney World)
    Dec '11 - AS Mov (1st Disney Christmas w/ DS)
    May/June '12 - AS Spo (DS's B'day/First SWW 2X)
    Mar '13 - POP (DS's Homeschool Reward)
    May '13 - Disneyland Hotel (DS's B'day)
    June '15 - CBR (DS's B'day/SWW Return)

Haha. Nevermind, off2neverland just answered this without actually answering "this"... Thanks.
    Jul '11 - CBR (DS's first trip to Disney World)
    Dec '11 - AS Mov (1st Disney Christmas w/ DS)
    May/June '12 - AS Spo (DS's B'day/First SWW 2X)
    Mar '13 - POP (DS's Homeschool Reward)
    May '13 - Disneyland Hotel (DS's B'day)
    June '15 - CBR (DS's B'day/SWW Return)

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    She's good like that.
    Janine

Quote Originally Posted by shari415 View Post
    This might sound silly but how would you get from Sanaa to AKL? We have dinner there and would also like the check out the lodge. We will most likely be arriving by cab from WL.

Thanks?
    thoughs?
    Shari

If we go through Epcot to get to ADR for 9:40am @ Cape May Cafe, how long would the walk take? Is world showcase open so we can walk through?

Peanut butter is yummy.
    If you are stopping to get a FP in FW plan to arrive shortly after 9- it's only about a 15 min walk from Soarin FP machine. A bit more from TT.
    Yes you can walk thru that part of WS (Canada to IG) since that is the only way for Epcot area resort guests to get in and out!

proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shari415 View Post

Thanks?
    I'm sorry, but I have not been to Kidani yet. Are they that far apart? I would think you could take the cab to the lodge and then walk. But, like I said, I've never been there. I was just under the impression that it is walkable.

Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!

Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

If I remember correctly, the bus makes multiple stops in AKL

staying at best friends pet care while her dogs enjoy the grand floridian Husker Mouse's Avatar
    I am thinking about adding PH to our tix. We will be driving a car this trip. We would start our day and park in the lot at DHS. DHS closes early that night at 7. If we take a boat to Epcot and stay until after illuminations, will the boats still be running back to DHS even if that park closed 2-2 1/2 hours earlier?

If we start in Epcot on another day and hop to MK and it closes at 8, but we want to let the crowds clear out and leave around 9 will the monorail still be running to Epcot? I really wan't paying a whole lot of attention to the new monorail schedule. I am thinking it affects the monorail resorts the most....

Thanks for your help. I thought I would like having a car, but now I am not so sure.

Peanut butter is yummy.
    If we take a boat to Epcot and stay until after illuminations, will the boats still be running back to DHS even if that park closed 2-2 1/2 hours earlier?
    Pretty sure they will not be- they will probably just run from IG to the resorts and back- no need to actually go to DH since it is closed- so I think not.

If we start in Epcot on another day and hop to MK and it closes at 8, but we want to let the crowds clear out and leave around 9 will the monorail still be running to Epcot?
    I think you are OK here- Epcot closes at 9 but monorail will still run to and from for a good while after since Illum crowds still leaving there.
    The change to monorail service were for MK EMH PMs I believe?

Anyway- seems like a waste to have a car then still rely on Disney transpo. Why not just drive park to park?

staying at best friends pet care while her dogs enjoy the grand floridian Husker Mouse's Avatar
    Well, I was thinking that DHS to BC might be easier and more scenic by boat. I also thought if we get to BC and park around 4:30 they only allow us 3 hours in their lot since we aren't staying on property- Epcot doesn't close until 9. If we park in the Epcot lot that is a long walk-pushing a wheelchair- to get to BC. We then have a long end of night stroll back to Epcot's lot.

I was also thinking it would take longer to car hop from Epcot's lot to MK's lot and then monorail over to MK. I thought just taking the monorail to and from Epcot would be easier.

I know we can valet park, too, but that gets expensive when you have already payed for parking at the Parks. This trip is just different since we are driving and we have my Mom and a wheelchair. I am trying to keep it relaxing for my DH so he will want to return again! For him, less maneuvering of the car the better!

just here to register 'tam' Tam's Avatar
    Which boat do we take to get from MK to HDDR? Blue Flag or Green Flag? I don't recall noticing flags before. And which boat will we take to get back?

We will be coming from Pop & returning to Pop but am I correct in thinking that we will need to bus to MK first (there's a party at MK that night -Colombus Day-but we will not be attending) and then take a boat over to Pioneer Hall?

Thanks so much!!
    Tam

POR Mar '09
    Pop Dec '09
    BWV couples only trip Oct '10
    Windsor Hills March '11
    Pop/MNSSHP Oct '11
    Windsor Hills Nov '13
    Windsor Hills Mar '14

he's right
    The boat docks all have good signage. I forget which color flag it is, but the Fort Wilderness/Wilderness lodge dock is right across from the entry plaza. There are two boats there. From (possibly faulty) memory, the left-hand side goes to WL. The right-hand side goes to Ft. W. Coming back to MK, the Fort has two different routes; one back to MK, and one on a Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge-Fort Wilderness loop.

just here to register 'tam' Tam's Avatar
    Thank you Brian! Glad to know they are well marked.
    Tam

POR Mar '09
    Pop Dec '09
    BWV couples only trip Oct '10
    Windsor Hills March '11
    Pop/MNSSHP Oct '11
    Windsor Hills Nov '13
    Windsor Hills Mar '14

How would we get from EPCOT to the Yacht Club and then back to Pop?

Should we just bring a car?

Epcot to Yacht Club is best by walking - Yacht Club is <10 mins walk from the International Gateway @ Epcot.

Back to Pop is more complicated. Choices:
    Cab
    Walk or boat to DHS and catch the Pop bus there.
    Walk back into Epcot and all the way through World Showcase and Futureworld back to the bus stops.

Driving is not necessarily better than some of those options. You would have to drive to Epcot, park there, then either move the car to the Yacht Club parking lot for your visit there, or still have to do the 3rd choice above (so leaving your car at the Epcot lot and walking all the way back through to the parking lot).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

he's right
    If I were doing POP->EP->YC->POP, I'd probably take the bus to EP, walk to YC, and take a cab back to POP. Alternatively, you could drive from POP to YC, valet park there, go to Epcot, and then return to your activities at YC later. The two options are probably about the same price.

1) Plans changed and now I will need to get from EPCOT (we'll be in the park that day) then to Yacht Club (for an Illuminations Cruise) then back to our resort, POR.

Will this be any different than Pop?

I'd like to know how to do this without a car (no cabs).....AND with a car, as I am debating on whether or not to rent a car for our stay and this is one of the reasons that I justified it.

2) Also, I assume that I can get from MK to HDDR without a car, but how would I get to POR afterwards?

3) Lastly, can I get from DTD to MK for the Wishes Dessert Party via bus?

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    What time does DHS close that day? If busses will still be running from DHS then just take the boat from YC to DHS and take the bus back to POR. If you hav a car then I believe you can valet park at YC, enter Epcot through the International Gateway and then you'll have your car right there when you're done your cruise. This is exactly the same as if you had stayed at Pop. I happen to agree with Brian that a cab is very much worth while in this type of situation but yes it can be done without cabs as long as DHS hasn't been closed for too long.

If you're at the first HDDR show of the night then you'll take the boat back to MK and hop the bus back to your resort. If you're at the second or third HDDR show of the night then they should have busses back to all the WDW resorts waiting outside the show. Even if you have a car, I'd recommend using Disney transportation for HDDR. Not only does this allow you to enjoy the complimentary drinks if you so choose, but also even with a car you have to use internal FW transportation to get from Pioneer Hall back to where you parked your car so if you have to use transportation anyway you might as well just let them drive the whole way.

You can not get from DTD to any park via bus. You can go from DTD to the Contemporary and walk to MK. Be aware of just how slow transportation from DTD really is though and plan for a lot of extra time.