Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: The Official "How to get to Point A from Point B" Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvid614325 View Post
    Hi folks! long time lurker and 1st time poster!! I'm frantically trying to get my itinerary finalised for my visit to WDW in September. I've been 9 times and this will be my 10th. It's the first time I'm staying on wdw property (Conarado Springs) and it's so exciting to be doing the whole Disney thing & it feels like my 1st visit again! We're coming from the UK so it's a long way and I want to get it right :)

We have a car but as it's just 2 adults we're planning to sample the food and grown up drinkies as we stroll around the parks (Epcot food festival is on so we plan to take full advantage and we have lots of later evening restaurant bookings). We'd rather not use our hire car if at all possible. I've never really used Disney transport much in the past as I've been off site and I'm trying to work out transport times on the busses. Im struggling to find times for the journeys I'd like to take. I've been looking at the 'our laughing place' website but looking at others opinions it's put me off as forum members timescales and the website are wildly varied. So here goes... this is the info I'm after:

The total travel time (including waiting time if that's possible)

CS to Epcot
    CS to MK
    CS to Disney Studios
    CS to AK

AK to AK Villas (Sanaa)
    Epcot to Grand Floridian
    CS to Polynesian
    CS to Disney Springs

I was hoping to walk to Blizzard Beach

I'm aware of Uber and Mears and I shall be making use of them if the journey times are unrealistic. It might seem a bit erratic but some of these times will also be reversed and some will be added together. I do hope that's not asking too much for a first question and my apologies for babbling! I just thought it'd be better to try and explain rather than just asking and not bulking out my story Haha!

Many thanks in advance folks

Dayvid
    I can only speak to Epcot to GF-A long time. There are not buses so you take the Epcot monorail to TTC, change monorails there to the resort monorail line to the GF. Best case it's taken 40 minutes. If there are monorail delays it can be over an hour. This is one transportation situation where I actually plan on Disney's conservative recommendation of 1.5 hrs for transportation. If I have any kind of time constraints I cab, too unreliable.

What is the fastest way to get from Frozen Ever After to the Magic Kingdom gates? (FP+ is for 7:40-8:40)

We will have a car parked in the EP parking lot. If the fastest way involves leaving the car there, and MK and EP both currently close at 10PM (11/12), will there be any issue getting back to the EP parking lot following MK close (even if we "take our time" getting out of the park)?

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Seems like you'd have, at best, 45 minutes to an hour before MK closes.

I'm guessing fastest would probably be an Uber/cab from either Epcot or Beach Club to Contemporary, then walking to front gates. Not sure if walking to front of Epcot is farther than walking to front of Beach Club. Seems like a draw from Norway Pavilion.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Started reading posts but way too many to read through. Couple questions:
    1) Is Uber the best/quickest way to get from CBR to O'hana?
    2) For MK days have PPO AT BOG. Would I save time doing Uber, if I drop off at CR? Also, to come back for afternoon break from MK?

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tml View Post
    Started reading posts but way too many to read through. Couple questions:
    1) Is Uber the best/quickest way to get from CBR to O'hana?
    2) For MK days have PPO AT BOG. Would I save time doing Uber, if I drop off at CR? Also, to come back for afternoon break from MK?
    1) Yes, definitely.
    2) Yes, easier and quicker to be dropped at CR and walk to MK entrance. The reverse is true too.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    1) Yes, definitely.
    2) Yes, easier and quicker to be dropped at CR and walk to MK entrance. The reverse is true too.
    Thanks George. How long do you think that I should allow for both instances?

We will be at MK on 11/4 and since the parks are open until 10pm, I am thinking we will take a break and return to AoA. We will have a car and will drive in the am. If we wanted to take the bus back to AoA for break and leave the car - about how long should it take? DH deals with Metro for work and will be cranky if it takes "too long".

Thanks,
    Emma

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    It *should* take less time than taking the monorail/ferry/tram to your car and driving back. The bus ride itself will take 15-20 minutes (same as driving) and your wait for the bus will probably be less than 20 minutes.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

I usually plan 1 hr for transportation each way, usually it's a little less (although not a whole lot less if you are including the time it takes to walk out of the park and to the bus stop and the time from bus stop to room) maybe once a trip it ends up taking longer.

I would be loath to leave my car in the TTC parking lot during a mid-day break, on the off chance something happens and we decide not to go back in the evening after all. On the other hand, even on a trip where we might drive to the rest of the parks, we tend to always take bus transportation to MK because there's no real time advantage to driving. I would either drive there and drive back for the break, or bus there and bus back for the break.

We have a complimentary parkhopper ticket from when we were there during the 2016 hurricane (Matthew). We have been to WDW several times, and will be back, so just trying to fit in our favs at each park in one day.
    Can you help me with park hopping? I know it will consume a lot of our time, so we might abort mission at any time and stick with the park we are in. :)
    Best way to get
    From MK to AK
    AK to HS
    or AK to Epcot
    HS to Epcot

Thanks!!!

I'm sure that someone smarter than me will weigh in here, but the answer for most of your travel questions is 'bus'. You can walk (or boat) between HS and Epcot, and you can monorail between MK and Epcot. If you are flexible with the order in which you are arriving at the parks, you may want to use those options to your advantage rather than rely on buses for most of your day. I have almost always found it faster and easier to walk between Epcot and HS, but it all depends on your luck with boat timing.
    Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Mezell View Post
    We have a complimentary parkhopper ticket from when we were there during the 2016 hurricane (Matthew). We have been to WDW several times, and will be back, so just trying to fit in our favs at each park in one day.
    Can you help me with park hopping? I know it will consume a lot of our time, so we might abort mission at any time and stick with the park we are in. :)
    Best way to get
    From MK to AK
    AK to HS
    or AK to Epcot
    HS to Epcot

Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by spindoctors View Post
    I'm sure that someone smarter than me will weigh in here, but the answer for most of your travel questions is 'bus'. You can walk (or boat) between HS and Epcot, and you can monorail between MK and Epcot. If you are flexible with the order in which you are arriving at the parks, you may want to use those options to your advantage rather than rely on buses for most of your day. I have almost always found it faster and easier to walk between Epcot and HS, but it all depends on your luck with boat timing.
    As Sandy says above, my thought when I saw your post was that you would want to probably start at AK. Then either bus or Minnie Van (or uber or car) to MK. Then after MK it would be fairly simple to do the monorail to Epcot and then walk/boat to HS. We did the monorail from MK to EP for the first time in a long time this past May and it was actually pretty fun. (The bus would not be fun at all).
    Kim

Hi all,

We're going to do some monorail resort touring and I'm wondering if I can walk from Grand Floridian to Poly. Google maps says we can, but I figured I'd come to the experts. TIA!
    - Justin

Quote Originally Posted by revolutionj10 View Post
    Hi all,

We're going to do some monorail resort touring and I'm wondering if I can walk from Grand Floridian to Poly. Google maps says we can, but I figured I'd come to the experts. TIA!
    Yes. There's a path that more or less hugs the shoreline.

Stupid Judy.

Yes. There's a path that more or less hugs the shoreline.
    Thank you George!
    - Justin

Any suggestions for the best way to get from AKL to Fantasia Fairways? I'm thinking Lyft, unless someone knows a better way. We don't have a car.
    Jill

Hope I am doing posting this question correctly: With the security checkpoints' locations is this possible: bus from POFQ to MK then walk to Contemporary for Chef Mickey 9:05 ADR and then security checkpoint to ride monorail loop back to MK? Is there a better sequence? We will have a car for 6 (not ECV); we also will be using an ECV, a double and a single stroller, party of 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Livie View Post
    Hope I am doing posting this question correctly: With the security checkpoints' locations is this possible: bus from POFQ to MK then walk to Contemporary for Chef Mickey 9:05 ADR and then security checkpoint to ride monorail loop back to MK? Is there a better sequence? We will have a car for 6 (not ECV); we also will be using an ECV, a double and a single stroller, party of 7.
    You'll only pass the security checkpoint before boarding the monorail at CR. There are no checkpoints to get on the buses. Since you won't be entering MK after you get off the bus from POFQ, there will be no security checkpoint there.

Stupid Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by Livie View Post
    ...Since you won't be entering MK after you get off the bus from POFQ, there will be no security checkpoint there.
    With the new security checkpoint locations, I think you would end up going through security an extra time. When you get off the bus at MK they have moved the checkpoints closer to the bus stops (before the path from the ferry and boats merge together) so in order to get over to the path to the Contemporary I think you would need to go through the security first. I haven't tried this exactly, so maybe they have a way... but I don't recall seeing one.

I also remember for sure that when walking from the contemporary the new security checkpoint is actually on the path before you get to the MK area where the people from the bus would merge together.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    With the new security checkpoint locations, I think you would end up going through security an extra time. When you get off the bus at MK they have moved the checkpoints closer to the bus stops (before the path from the ferry and boats merge together) so in order to get over to the path to the Contemporary I think you would need to go through the security first. I haven't tried this exactly, so maybe they have a way... but I don't recall seeing one.

I also remember for sure that when walking from the contemporary the new security checkpoint is actually on the path before you get to the MK area where the people from the bus would merge together.
    Wow, that really is a change. These mini-checkpoints (there's one at DHS, or used to be) are pretty quick to get through.

Stupid Judy.