Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharing Pics in Trip Reports

Sharing Pics in Trip Reports

I currently use Photobucket but it seems to be giving me a lot of trouble lately. Does anyone have any suggestions for another way I can add pictures to my posts and please keep in mind the fact that I am slightly computer illiterate.
    I'm still here...just wishing I was there.
    Chris

http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ransformers-TR

I have been using imgur.com (based on something Josh posted a while back) It has been working well for me.

What works the best for me is to switch it to "Large Thumbnail", and then you can just copy and paste the BBcode into the thread.
    Last edited by Micah008; 02-15-2013 at 11:57 PM. Reason: typo
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    What issues are you having?

One of the major problems with using Photobucket is that you need to save your pics in the size that you want them to show up here in the forums. I use 800x600 usually.

Imgur works better because you can upload them in any size you want and then use that "Large Thumbnail" option that Micah mentioned and they'll be correctly sized for the forums.

imgur.com is good. I use minus.com for my larger photos, usually. For minus.com you need to register for a free account or they delete the pics after 30 days I think.

Ok I will look into those other sites. I usually just upload the pictures and then click on the little square that copies the file and then I paste it in the from URL option. Can you tell that I am computer stupid. I don't get the option to change the size that I know of. The problem I have is that when I have easy and photobucket open at the same time photobucket seems to run really slow. Maybe its just my computer?!?!? It seems like it is taking forever to write my TR. I'd be done already if I didn't add any pictures but what kind of TR would that be...right?
    Chris

Thanks for this, Chris, as I have problems with photobucket here as well. Gonna give imgur a try.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I this dense?? I have all my pics uploaded to imgur but how the heck do I get them attached? I think it might be easier to just print out my pictures and make a couple thousand copies of the TR and mail it to everyone!!
    Chris

There should be a "BB Code" link to the right of the image of something like [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Hr1QMWJ.jpg[/IMG]

You just copy/paste that link into the reply box.

I'm not sure if I want to sccream or cry. I found the BB thing but when I attach the pic its super huge. So I found the resize button but how do I resize a pic I already uploaded? Can I do this?[IMG][/IMG]
    This is how they show up.
    Oh wait this looks good. Once I click post reply the image gets smaller.
    Chris

Just put an l at the end of the link and before the .jpg.

http://i.imgur.com/ZGKc03Jl.jpg for example.

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    I think it might be easier to just print out my pictures and make a couple thousand copies of the TR and mail it to everyone!!
    Bwahahaha!! Reminds me of when my dad got his new computer and decided to "upgrade Mom's Christmas card list" by entering all the names in the computer then printing off labels. I think he wasted about 25 label sheets, and Mom finally snuck into the computer room one evening and stole the envelopes and her address book back and wrote them all out by hand.

Chris-

Like Josh said, you can add the l in yourself to your image (lower case L). Or if you look on Imgur a little below the BBCode link it says "Original Image". That is why it is too big, you can change that to Large Thumbnail, and then copy and paste the BBCode. (It will add the l for you)

Also, I see in your trip report and here you are ending up with extra [IMG] and [/IMG] before and after all of your pictures. You must somehow be adding each twice or something... all you need to do is copy the BBCode right into what you are typing, and nothing more should be needed.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

josh's mathematician and no expiration upgrade expert Meeska Mooska's Avatar
    testing :)

Hot diggidy, it worked! :)

I had given myself the task to figure out how to add photos to my upcoming trip report, and this was very timely :) Thanks!!

i just added photo bucket and now i am trying imgur so far no luck but i might just be an idiot. let's see if you get dd's birthday cake
    Karin
    Visiting off and on since the 70's
    And since finding this site in 2013, never go without my ​Easy Guide

well I gues I am not so dumb after all...thanks guys
    Karin

the picture is the first of DD11's birthday celebration. this was her friends party cake. her real birthday is next week when she will become DD12 and then the disney princess vacation with just her and I in august.
    Karin

Testing an Instagram just to annoy the real photographers...

ef9a4274022311e38e8022000ae81479_7.jpg
    Clayton

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    How do you embed the Instagram photo right into the post? I was playing around for about half an hour trying to figure that out yesterday.

You might have to cleverly go into the "view page source" and do a "find" for the jpg file. There might be an app or something that extracts the image location.

Close! I right-clicked (or, actually, control-clicked because I'm on a MacBook), picked View Background Image, and then linked straight to the jpg that popped up. In my trip report, for some reason, it told me that several of the files were too large when I did that, so I just dragged them to my desktop and uploaded them straight from my computer. Seems to be working just fine.
    Clayton

Nice! I'll try that later today from my MacBook. I have some half eaten salad pictures from Panera that I can't NOT post.

Well - no luck. I don't get "View Background Images" in the pop-up menu. I tried in Safari and Chrome. What browser are you using?

Screen Shot 2013-08-13 at 8.54.03 AM.png
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorK View Post
    Well - no luck. I don't get "View Background Images" in the pop-up menu. I tried in Safari and Chrome. What browser are you using?

Screen Shot 2013-08-13 at 8.54.03 AM.png
    Sorry for the delayed reply! I just saw this. I'm using Firefox. I click on the picture that I want first and then Ctrl-click the larger slideshow pic that pops up. Then that gives me the pop-up menu with "View Background Image."
    Clayton

Is this image too big??