Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Start a Fairy Godmailer thread!!!!

Let's Start a Fairy Godmailer thread!!!!

Hi All,
    Fairy Godmailers are kind folks who volunteer to send other peoples children (or adults with child-like hearts) post cards from WDW. Usually the card is from 'Mickey' or the childs favorite character telling him or her they are anxiously awaiting seeing them when they come to Disney, or a Princess telling a young lady she can't wait to see her at breakfast...It is such a magical thing for the little ones recieving the cards

You can make 2 kinds of posts on this thread:
    1. You can request a Fariy Godmailer . You will need to include kids names, address, dates of trip or when you'd like the cards to come and possibly a favorite character or some bit of info you would like included in the post card like attendance at the wonderland tea party or a princess breakfast etc. You can send a private message to any potential Godmailers so your child's personal info won't be out there for everyone and anyone to see.
    ***if someone responds and offers to be your child's fairy godmailer, please edit your post to let others know it has been taken care of*****

2. You can offer to be someone's Fairy Godmailer for one of your upcoming trips. Include the dates you are travelling and possibly if you are willing to send more than 1 card. ***Once you make arrangements to be someones Fairy Godmailer and you don't want to offer any longer, please edit your post to say so****

ETA: Oh, and let's pay it forward too. If you are fortunate enough to get a Fairy Godmailer for your kids. Please be so kind as to return the favor for someone else's child too!
    This can be so much fun!!!!! Let's do it!!!! Who's with me????

Amy

I'll go first!
    I will be in Disney World July 5- July 15. I'd love to send cards to 2-3 kids! Any takers????? I have space for 1 or 2 more kids as of 6/6/11
    Amy
    Last edited by skipamyb; 06-06-2011 at 06:31 AM.

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    1. You can request a Fariy Godmailer . You will need to include kids names, address, dates of trip or when you'd like the cards to come and possibly a favorite character or some bit of info you would like included in the post card like attendance at the wonderland tea party or a princess breakfast etc. You can send a private message to any potential Godmailers so your child's personal info won't be out there for everyone and anyone to see.
    ***if someone responds and offers to be your child's fairy godmailer, please edit your post to let others know it has been taken care of*****
    Sorry......jumping in really quickly.....I just want to emphasis that you should includ when you are going to WDW and a "would like by" date in your post but save all personal information (address, child's name, etc) for a PM after someone has agreed to be your Fairy Godmother. Although we try to keep a very friendly and safe community here.....it is still a free site where people can lurk and we don't want anyone's personal information (especially your child's) to get into the wrong hands.

OK.....continue on as regularly scheduled!!!!
    Brenda

Peanut butter is yummy.
    Great idea- can we get Moderator Craig to make it a sticky here?

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla! jandeeah's Avatar
    I would love to have someone send DD6 a card any time after June 18th (the day we are telling her we are going). I have found my FGM
    I am happy to be a FGM. We will be in the World Sept 24th - Oct 1st. I did it last time and it was alot of fun. I am willing to do it for 2 families. I am still open to be one for these dates
    Last edited by jandeeah; 06-05-2011 at 03:09 PM.
    Andrea

Disney before Drudgery!

Read about my trips here

Jandeeah,
    I just PM'd you!
    Amy

Hi Again,
    I was actually someone who is going to the world in the next couple weeks would volunteer to be a Fairy Godmailer for my 2 neices we will be travelling with (July 5-15). This is their first trip and I'd love for the pixie dust to start before they ever arrive!
    Thanks guys!
    Amy

ETA: I GOT MY FAIRY GODMAILER!!!! THANKS SUE!
    Last edited by skipamyb; 06-06-2011 at 06:29 AM.

don't ask me to spin in circles mdsd8700's Avatar
    Going to be in Disney staring on June 19th trhough the 24th, Universal 17th-18th. I would love to be a Fairy Godmailer. Sounds sweet and wonderful.

Thank you for suggesting this! I love this!
    We will be at WDW 9/14 - 9/26 and we would to receive postcards from a FGM for our 3 (DS9, DD6, DS3)!.
    I would also love to be a FGM for someone when we are there!
    Ali
    It's true.... I am most happy when I am planning a Disney family vacation!!

MDSD8700, I just PM'd you....

Quote Originally Posted by skipamyb View Post
    MDSD8700, I just PM'd you....
    Hi Skipamyb, I just PM'd you back.

We're going August 27 - September 3rd. We would love to receive and send cards. Girl 8, Boy 5, Boy 4.

Let me know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdsd8700 View Post
    Going to be in Disney staring on June 19th trhough the 24th, Universal 17th-18th. I would love to be a Fairy Godmailer. Sounds sweet and wonderful.
    I have a couple princess's I am going to send cards to, however I can do a couple more if anyone needs

I need a fairy godmailer for a very special individual I will be taking to WDW from 9-15 to 9-20-11. I would be willing to be a fairygodmailer for several people. I have done this before and it is great fun.

FOUND MY FAIRYGODMAILER!!!!!! Thanks, roball
    Last edited by kdjf4; 08-10-2011 at 06:40 AM.

I did this in June, it was a great way to spread that Disney Magic. I will be going again for a short trip, November 24th-28th. I would be happy to be a Fairgod Mailer again, just let me know!

reminding you how wonderful and accommodating you are
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjf4 View Post
    I need a fairy godmailer for a very special individual I will be taking to WDW from 9-15 to 9-20-11. I would be willing to be a fairygodmailer for several people. I have done this before and it is great fun.
    We will be there from 8/24 - 9/3. I would be happy to send some postcards. PM me.

reminding you how wonderful and accommodating you are
    double post.

Thanks, just pm'd you!

We did this on our last trip and had fun with it. We aren't going until Dec. 3, but would be happy to send postcards to a couple of kiddos.
    Julie

We are going to be at wdw from 9/17-9/24. I would be happy to send some postcards. I would love for someone to send my girls a card before we go.

Quote Originally Posted by charcharg View Post
    We are going to be at wdw from 9/17-9/24. I would be happy to send some postcards. I would love for someone to send my girls a card before we go.
    Charcharg -We'll be there 9/4- 9/8. I'd be happy to be a FGM for you. PM me the details - address, names, ages, favorite characters - We did this last year and had a great response.
    Michele

I'm sending you a pm now. Thanks so much.

Michele, The girls got their packages today!! They were so excited. Thanks so much for being their Fairy Godmailer!!!

Yay! Enjoy your trip!
    Michele

I will be leaving this week and will be in the World from 9/14-9/19. I would be happy to be a Fairy Godmailer for a family or two (or 4) if you can PM by Tues morning. Sorry so late of notice.