Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Running of The Belles

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    We also did it recently at 7PM, on a 9PM and 11PM MSEPs and 10PM Wishes evening:

50 mirnutes posted wait
    20 minute CM estimate
    20 minute Josh estimate at waitz
    14 minutes to the Workshop
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Was there for RD this morning (only here two days, so no choice but to go on this non recommended day). Got thru turnstiles and at rope at aprx. 820am and stood in Josh's spot on left of train and far right of rope. Made it to fantasyland before they dropped the rope there. Even with missing the stroller parking and having to double back for that, made it into Maurice's cottage right away and waited about five minutes to be let in through the mirror. Was back outside at 925am. I walked briskly (saw people running but I can't bring myself to run). ;o)

P.S. by the time we exited the line was winding around the outdoor queue. About 10-15 minutes after that the posted wait was 75 minutes and the line certainly looked to be at least that. I didn't envy the people in line; it was a real scorcher today, even early on.

that's a shame
    bump
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

question - we will be going to MVMCP for our first time in MK this upcoming trip. It will be 12/19 and MK is the most recommended park. We should be in MK around 4-4:30 depending on our eating situation (currently have ADR at Wave but may just do counter service at our hotel ASMo) I was thinking of hitting ETWB when we arrive in MK and doing most of fanastyland preparty so that it is out of the way when we do RD at MK. would this plan work? we would likely do rides from 4-6:30, get ready with a snack and pick a character meet/greet and then just go with the flow for the most part seeing what my daughter wants to do during the party. Really hoping to get some headliners out of the way so our next MK day we can do RD to noonish then break, and hit most of the must dos.

I would probably save Belle for closer to 5:45pm - 6pm.

Josh - on 12/19 MVMCP could we enter park around 4:30, FP PP, do some fantasyland minor rides, maybe FP barmstormer/dumbo if needed, then do ETWB at 5:45 and be done in time to head to the line for the belle/beast meet and greet?

I live in Dracut, MA. Lowell, MA is my home
    Surprising my kids with a trip in 2 weeks. It's my 20th, their 10th and 9th trip.

I made an ADR at Crystal Palace for 0815 July 24th (we will arrive at 0800) after reading this thread. Yikes! ETWB is for me...my boys are 8 and 9. Belle is my favorite! I hope I can get in the first group.

Quote Originally Posted by gymjen View Post
    Josh - on 12/19 MVMCP could we enter park around 4:30, FP PP, do some fantasyland minor rides, maybe FP barmstormer/dumbo if needed, then do ETWB at 5:45 and be done in time to head to the line for the belle/beast meet and greet?
    It's unlikely there will be a separate Belle/Beast meet and greet. There wasn't last year if I'm remembering correctly.

were the step sisters and cinderella together in fantasyland last year? any suggestion as which character line would be best to get in and when if we are over in fantasyland prior to the start of the party?

Heading to MK on Wednesday, August 28. Myself, my wife, and our four kids ages almost 2 to almost 8. Plan on getting to MK prior to rope drop, but doubt we'll be there 40 minutes before and doubt we'll be the quickest group making it down Main Street to Fantasyland. In that case, is it still worth going to ETWB first since there's little to no chance we make it in for the first group or is it better to try later in the afternoon/evening? Our plan is to stay in MK until around lunch then head back to OKW for a few hours before going back to MK. We have a dinner reservation at BOG for 6:30.

Quote Originally Posted by abogdan View Post
    Heading to MK on Wednesday, August 28. Myself, my wife, and our four kids ages almost 2 to almost 8. Plan on getting to MK prior to rope drop, but doubt we'll be there 40 minutes before and doubt we'll be the quickest group making it down Main Street to Fantasyland. In that case, is it still worth going to ETWB first since there's little to no chance we make it in for the first group or is it better to try later in the afternoon/evening? Our plan is to stay in MK until around lunch then head back to OKW for a few hours before going back to MK. We have a dinner reservation at BOG for 6:30.
    Curious to know this myself. It's hard to figure out when you're on the wrong side of the "I'm headed to ETWB first thing so I don't have to wait 30 minutes" vs "Wow, I shouldn't have wasted the first 40 minutes of my rope drop on ETWB because I didn't get there quick enough". Is it time prohibitive if you're in the second group? Third group? Do we have any idea if they run both sides (there are two sides, right?) from park opening? I know the 4 minutes for every 50 people rule, but is it easy to count the people in front of you?

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    Doing ETWB after a 5:30 BOG ADR worked out great for me (May, crowd level 6, I think).
    The posted wait was maybe 30 mins, but I knew by the number of people in line that it would only be 15 mins - and that's all it was.

If I were to do ETWB again, I'd do the same thing. I liked not wasting precious morning time and didn't have the stress of trying to be first.
    Janine