Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rope Drop straight to Belle didn't work for us...

Forgot to add re: BOG. We just really weren't ready to think about lunch at 10:30. We were having way too much fun to go sit in a line for 30 min just to eat. We did see the line was all the way out to the end of the bridge at 10:40. At 11:30 we walked back over there to check and see if Under the Sea was open yet, and the CM at the NFL gates told me that it wasn't and that the wait for BOG was at 60 min. Line was almost all the way over the other bridge that leads to Gaston's Tavern. Do many rides or do long line for food? No brainer. We ended up with a corn dog from the egg roll cart in AL at 1:00 and it was proclaimed by DD7 to be awesome and the best corn dog ever lol! We'll check out BOG when we go back in June.
    Brandy
    10/10, 10/11, 6/13 Beach Club Villas
    3/11 Animal Kingdom - Kidani
    6/11 Port Orleans - French Quarter
    5/12 POR Royal
    11/12 AoA&AKV-K
    2/13 AoA

We did ETWB twice last week. On 2/3 (Super Bowl Sunday) we hopped to the MK after DHS. I wanted to be in line as close to 8 pm as possible, but we ended up walking over there at around 7:10. I remember asking my husband what time it was as we were walking past Tomorrowland Speedway, he checked his phone and it was 7:09. The posted wait time was 20 minutes (yay!) so we got in line. People in front of us were bailing out of the line, though, which was ominous. We waited without moving (except when someone in front of us would leave) for about 20 minutes and my husband decided to take the boys and do something else. As he was leaving a cast member came out of the cottage and said that the wait was doubled due to "Maurice's tinkering." More people bailed but I decided to stick it out as we were close to the cottage at that point. After two more groups it was our turn and we were almost finished up when Wishes started, so it was around 45 minutes total.

We tried RD on Friday, 2/8. We were very close to the rope on the right side of the train station but I did not make much of an effort after they dropped the rope. I had my daughter in the stroller and I let a few people go in front of us. People really were running, but we moved fairly quickly and ended up in probably the second group. There were A LOT of people behind us. I don't know exactly when we got out, probably between 9:30 and 9:45. I don't think you have to run in the morning to get it done, but you do have to be early and at least close to the rope. Later, we walked past right before Wishes and the posted wait was 30 minutes.

The first time my 3 yo daughter played the chest of drawers and the second time she was Philippe. It was adorable and definitely worth it.

We were there last week as well and decided to scrap my original Rope Drop to Belle plan in favor of the Wishes plan. We arrived at our resort on Friday, 2/1 and I made the last-minute call that we should go to MK to pick up our YES tickets and PP+. I figured I could make sure the tickets worked and we would check out Belle at the same time. Got to MK around 5:30, got tickets, PP+, ate dinner, rode Dumbo and Barnstormer and got to Belle right around 7:30. The posted wait was 30 minutes. We walked out right after Wishes started and watched them from the Belle exit area, which was a nice change from our usual Main St viewing.

We were at MK two other times that week, first on 2/4 (not a recommended day but we were there for the parade) and again on 2/6. The posted wait hovered between 50-70 minutes each time I checked, but I never checked again during Wishes since we were busy doing other things. We were glad to have gotten Belle out of the way and I wouldn't hesitate to use the Wishes strategy again.

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    We did ETWB twice last week. On 2/3 (Super Bowl Sunday) we hopped to the MK after DHS. I wanted to be in line as close to 8 pm as possible, but we ended up walking over there at around 7:10. I remember asking my husband what time it was as we were walking past Tomorrowland Speedway, he checked his phone and it was 7:09. The posted wait time was 20 minutes (yay!) so we got in line. People in front of us were bailing out of the line, though, which was ominous. We waited without moving (except when someone in front of us would leave) for about 20 minutes and my husband decided to take the boys and do something else. As he was leaving a cast member came out of the cottage and said that the wait was doubled due to "Maurice's tinkering." More people bailed but I decided to stick it out as we were close to the cottage at that point. After two more groups it was our turn and we were almost finished up when Wishes started, so it was around 45 minutes total.

We tried RD on Friday, 2/8. We were very close to the rope on the right side of the train station but I did not make much of an effort after they dropped the rope. I had my daughter in the stroller and I let a few people go in front of us. People really were running, but we moved fairly quickly and ended up in probably the second group. There were A LOT of people behind us. I don't know exactly when we got out, probably between 9:30 and 9:45. I don't think you have to run in the morning to get it done, but you do have to be early and at least close to the rope. Later, we walked past right before Wishes and the posted wait was 30 minutes.

The first time my 3 yo daughter played the chest of drawers and the second time she was Philippe. It was adorable and definitely worth it.
    I know getting next to the Rope is the holy grail, but we've taken a little different approach, especially now that so many people are running to Belle (or LM, which can handle a lot of people). We arrived off the monorail/ferry both times last week right about 8:45, just before the train arrived, watched the show as going through the gates. Had absolutely fabulous mornings not waiting and getting through all the rides we expected. I guess, if you have difficulty getting kids to the gates at 8:00, and they want to see Belle, shift the 45 extra minutes you are waiting in the AM, to a 45 minute wait for Belle after the madness.

Obviously if it were a higher crowd level or non-recommended day, there would be a much bigger difference in ability to "do everything else first", but if crowds are low we thought this worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by abuck75 View Post
    I know getting next to the Rope is the holy grail, but we've taken a little different approach, especially now that so many people are running to Belle (or LM, which can handle a lot of people). We arrived off the monorail/ferry both times last week right about 8:45, just before the train arrived, watched the show as going through the gates. Had absolutely fabulous mornings not waiting and getting through all the rides we expected. I guess, if you have difficulty getting kids to the gates at 8:00, and they want to see Belle, shift the 45 extra minutes you are waiting in the AM, to a 45 minute wait for Belle after the madness.

Obviously if it were a higher crowd level or non-recommended day, there would be a much bigger difference in ability to "do everything else first", but if crowds are low we thought this worked great.
    That makes sense, but for this time I just wanted to get it out of the way. It was my daughter's "Princess Day" - she was just under 40" tall so she spent a lot of time waiting around for us to ride stuff. We had a lot of character m&g to get done and since most of the characters don't come out right at 9 it seemed like the best way to do it. I probably won't do it again, your method sounds much more relaxing!

So, we have a 645 ADR at CRT on a night Wishes is at 8. Presumably we'll be done around 8. Will we be able to get through the Wishes crowds and over to ETWB at this time? It seems like this might be a good time to at least get in line (park closes at 9). We have plans to see fireworks another night, so I'm not worried about that aspect.
    Thanks

Peanut butter is yummy.
    You won't need to get thru any Wishes crowds- those will be on Main and in front of castle.
    The exit from CRT is in back of castle and into FL- so just walk on over to Belle.

Oh, sweet!
    Thanks, Christine.

We did ETWB after Wishes during the second MSEP, and it worked out fabulously. There weren't even enough children to fill all the roles!

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    I have options now! They just extended hours till 11pm on my last MK night and added a 2nd MSEP at 11. I think I'll do ETWB during the first MSEP, then Wishes and 2nd MSEP. That way if we're tired, we can skip MSEP.

I'm hoping that works just as well. Although I can switch it up if needed, and its not until May - so who knows what FP+ will bring...

Guess I'll be canceling that pre-RD CP ADR that I made just to get ahead of the crowd, and stick with my brunch
    Janine

I mentioned this in my other thread, but will put here too since many questions on it.

We had an 8:05 CP ressie. Had plenty of time to see all characters, do the Poohrade, and got out of there at 8:45 - no sweat. Waitress was happy to give us our check when we asked (which was early in the meal). Had a nice leisurely walk over to the FL RD through the castle. Couple more photos, etc. We were right at the rope for FL. Ended up second group in ETWB - not first because of stroller parking hassle (take note - you can leave stroller at the castle and come get it after!). We waited maybe 10 mins in the cottage. Got out - 70 minute posted wait. Shabing!

So, yeah, those early ressies are a BIG help if ETWB is a priority for you - which it was with us - and it was an amazingly magical way to start the day for my DD's 4 and 2!! Awesome!

[EDIT to add: when we were at MK (3 days during week of 2/5-2/12), the wait for ETWB was 40-90 minutes at all times from 10 minutes after opening until 30 minutes before close, including parades, and Wishes times. Not sure what the actual waits were, but those were posted.]