Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rope Drop straight to Belle didn't work for us...

Rope Drop straight to Belle didn't work for us...

Perhaps it was because we were toward the center of the train station for the RD show and didn't trample anyone or run them over with our stroller. but I think 75% of the people at RD went straight to Belle. They told us it was an hour wait by the time we walked there (going straight form the main gate with a 30-second stop for PP Fastpass). We decided to use the time to do other things and walked on Journey Under the Sea, saw Ariel, etc.

Later in the afternonon, the line for Belle was noticeably shorter than in the morning and had a posted 50-minute time. But we only waited ~25 min before being taken back to Maurice's workshop.

So no point in being part of the stampede...
    Glad you were able to roll with it and make things work for you. How was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_W View Post
    Perhaps it was because we were toward the center of the train station for the RD show and didn't trample anyone or run them over with our stroller. but I think 75% of the people at RD went straight to Belle. They told us it was an hour wait by the time we walked there (going straight form the main gate with a 30-second stop for PP Fastpass). We decided to use the time to do other things and walked on Journey Under the Sea, saw Ariel, etc.

Later in the afternonon, the line for Belle was noticeably shorter than in the morning and had a posted 50-minute time. But we only waited ~25 min before being taken back to Maurice's workshop.
    Just curious, what kind of day was it? Recomendede, not recommended? We have a rd to belle plan for one of our mk days so any info would be helpful.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    When we used to do the Dumbo Dash, we lined up right at the entrance rather than the middle, and were always on the first or second Dumbo ride. That was walking purposefully, but definitely not running. The first time we lined up at the middle too, and were way behind. Not sure if that's the difference?
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by CJUERS View Post
    Just curious, what kind of day was it? Recomendede, not recommended? We have a rd to belle plan for one of our mk days so any info would be helpful.
    It was a "most recommended" day for MK yesterday.

It was worth the wait for Belle, IMO. We really enjoyed it I also liked Journey Under the Sea.

We were at MK on Tuesday 1/22 and it was the same for us. We got off the ferry at 8:45 and couldn't get through the turnstiles until the park opened because the entrance was so packed. We walked directly to Belle and there was a 60 minute wait by 9:10ish. It only took 45 minutes though and it was totally worth the wait. We were also at MK yesterday (Friday) and there was a significant wait early in the morning as well.
    Sara

Eat, drink and be merry

Wow! I asked the kids last night if they wanted to see this. They said no. Whew!
    Brandi

I also noticed on 1/11 that the line was crazy too. It was our departure day so we were taking it slow and going to favorites. It was probably 9:10 or so and headed to Pooh and ETWB was backed up past the carousel! At first I thought it was a line to get into new Fantasyland and that they had some sort of problem. But, Then I could see the whole que was full and it wound all the way out past the carousel and almost to the wall of the new princess meet. It could have been down first thing, which might have caused the backup, but it was CRAZY! I couldn't believe the number of people who just started jumping in line. I'm sure many had no idea what it was for, but figured they didn't want to miss it. That day it definitely would have been better to skip and come back.

Merida
    Suddenly an 8 am ADR at CP is starting to look better and better just to beat the rush...

We actually had pretty good luck with this yesterday. at rope drop girls and I walked swiftly to ETWB while DH got FP for PP. we were thru Belle by 9:50. Did Mermaid, Got FP for Pooh, rode PP with FP, ate lunch at BOG, rode Pooh, rode Dumbo with bonus FP, did Barnstormer in standby all by noon. Then took train to Frontierland, rode BTMRR standby - 30 minutes, got FP for BTMRR got a snack, rode PTC standby, used BTMRR FP, took train back to Mainstreet and ended our day around 3:00.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** *******************

~ ~ Rhonda ~ ~

Yeah, you want to go straight there in the morning. Like straight straight there. The cast members tend to exaggerate the wait first thing in the morning to push people elsewhere. Glad you found another opportunity to visit. What time did you end up getting in line?

Josh, We have a 8:10 ADR at CP. Do you think we can get to Belle before the rest?
    I'm still here...just wishing I was there.
    Chris

http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ransformers-TR

Ask for the bill when you arrive and be done with breakfast in 44 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Ask for the bill when you arrive and be done with breakfast in 44 minutes
    So if we are done in 44 minutes that gives us 6 min before the park opens. Will we be allowed to start walkingback to Belle at that point? I'm not really a "to the minute person" but if it helps us avoid a wait of anything over 20 min I'll do it!!!
    I'm still here...just wishing I was there.
    Chris

http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ransformers-TR

You should be able to weasel your way in front of the people entering closer to 9am. You just want to be done with breakfast and out the door by 8:55am. Obviously if you finished breakfast after that, there would already be thousands of other people in the park before you left the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySmiles View Post
    I also noticed on 1/11 that the line was crazy too. It was our departure day so we were taking it slow and going to favorites. It was probably 9:10 or so and headed to Pooh and ETWB was backed up past the carousel! At first I thought it was a line to get into new Fantasyland and that they had some sort of problem.
    We were there too on 1/11 and passed the ETWB line right after RD on the way to LM. They didn't open up the line right away which I think was what caused it to be so backed up. It was about 9:05 or so when we passed and they weren't letting people in the regular queue yet, so people were lining up back through the entrance to New Fantasyland.

Quote Originally Posted by rackerlee92 View Post
    We actually had pretty good luck with this yesterday. at rope drop girls and I walked swiftly to ETWB while DH got FP for PP. we were thru Belle by 9:50. Did Mermaid, Got FP for Pooh, rode PP with FP, ate lunch at BOG, rode Pooh, rode Dumbo with bonus FP, did Barnstormer in standby all by noon. Then took train to Frontierland, rode BTMRR standby - 30 minutes, got FP for BTMRR got a snack, rode PTC standby, used BTMRR FP, took train back to Mainstreet and ended our day around 3:00.
    Would you mind sharing what time you ate lunch at BOG and how long you had to wait there? Thanks!
    Pam
    July 1976-offsite;Nov. 2004-FW campground; April 2005-offsite;Oct. 2005-offsite;Oct. 2008-POP;Feb. 2009-POFQ; Dec. 2-13, 2010-BC/CR/YC; Sept. 19-27, 2011 - Swan; Feb. 25-March 2, 2012 - offsite; Sept. 23 - Oct. 3, 2012 - offsite; Jan. 31 - Feb. 7, 2013 - POR; Aug 25-Sept. 4, 2013 - AoA Nemo/AKL;Sept. 8-13, 2014 - AKV, Jambo.

We had an 810 ADR at CRT on Wednesday, January 16 (MK most recommended). We treated it as an 0800 ADR and arrived accordingly. They rushed us without us having to worry about asking them to hurry : ) We were done and "bathroomed up" by 0845. We waited behind the Fantasyland rope and watched the waves of people coming behind us. When the people were about 10 yards away, they dropped our rope. I ran to PP and my hubby slowly walked the 40? yards to ETWB. We waited about 25 minutes because of people in front of us. I was amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    We had an 810 ADR at CRT on Wednesday, January 16 (MK most recommended). We treated it as an 0800 ADR and arrived accordingly. They rushed us without us having to worry about asking them to hurry : ) We were done and "bathroomed up" by 0845. We waited behind the Fantasyland rope and watched the waves of people coming behind us. When the people were about 10 yards away, they dropped our rope. I ran to PP and my hubby slowly walked the 40? yards to ETWB. We waited about 25 minutes because of people in front of us. I was amazed.
    Were those people in front of you others that had am ADR's or those that were in the hoard behind you.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    I was also going to suggest showing up at 8AM (or even a few minutes earlier) for that 8:10. You'll be seated immediately, and get a few extra precious morning minutes.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I was also going to suggest showing up at 8AM (or even a few minutes earlier) for that 8:10. You'll be seated immediately, and get a few extra precious morning minutes.
    My plan is a bit agressive but we would like to be there around 7:30. I know myself better and so i say 7:30 knowing full well that we won't be there till 8.

How early can we get into Magic Kingdom for a reservation at CRT? our appointment is 8:15. Should we go by monorail or ferry? Is there rope drop for every land?
    BELLA

Usually they let you in about 7:45-7:50. If you're offsite you'll likely want to take the ferry because the express monorail won't be running that early If you're at a monorail resort, then it makes sense to take the resort monorail. They do a secondary rope drop at each land for those already in the park for breakfast ADRs.

Were those people in front of you others that had am ADR's or those that were in the hoard behind you.
    I believe they were a mixture of both....maybe the ones without ADR's knew a quicker way, I'm not sure. The rope was held right by the carousel by stroller parking for CRT. There were some serious runners in the crowd coming from the main rope drop. I'm sorry, I refuse to sprint, throw elbows, or trip people to avoid a 20 minute wait. I will walk quickly with a purpose, but that's all I can justify. There were moms that had sprinted there that couldn't get in because they were waiting on the rest of their party.

My plan is a bit agressive but we would like to be there around 7:30. I know myself better and so i say 7:30 knowing full well that we won't be there till 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwishes13 View Post
    How early can we get into Magic Kingdom for a reservation at CRT? our appointment is 8:15. Should we go by monorail or ferry? Is there rope drop for every land?
    Our morning they let people in at about 755. Neither the ferry nor the express monorail was running yet, so we had to take the resort monorail. I'm not sure about the every land rope drop, but it was extremely frustrating and intimidating to watch the mad mob running at us from behind. It's a weird viewpoint for sure.

Great so I will plan on getting to MK by 7:45 at latest! I am also not willing to be a part of the craziness. I guess I'm glad I chose that early ADR. I am seeing a lot of questions about monorail vs ferry. What about bus?