Disney Adds Daily Morning Extra Magic Hour at Magic Kingdom Over Christmas

Update: While I’m still expecting Disney to add a morning Extra Magic Hour to Magic Kingdom daily from December 19th through the end of the month, Disney has apparently removed them from the schedule again. Click refresh on the calendar page at: http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_december.pdf or visit DisneyWorld.com (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/2015-12-22/ for example) to confirm.

Good news for those of you visiting around Christmas. Disney added a lot of sets of Extra Magic Hours from December 19th to January 2nd. The full operating schedule is available here: http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_december.pdf. Click “refresh” to load the newest version.

Comments

1. Andy says

Do you think it will be busy this time of year? It only says 9s and 10s on your calendar, and this September felt more like 7s or 8s. So with these extra hours, I’m thinking it will be more like 15s and 16s in December. Right?

:p

2. Margot Bradburry says

So, we have October and December/January updated hours. I guess we continue to wait for Thanksgiving week? Or did I miss something?

• Andrea W says

That’s what I’m waiting for too. I don’t think we’ve missed anything, but it’s weird that they updated October and December, but not November :-/

3. Agent 68 says

How long do you guesstimate before these changes appear on their website?

Just wondering.
    Thanks for the website…love the snark, partner!

4. Fay Short says

Howdy,
    Love the website!
    Quick question about these changes. The extra morning hour for Magic Kingdom on 2nd Jan was showing on the Disney website last Saturday and Sunday, but appears to have vanished now! I am just trying to decide whether to change my ADR to account for these new times, but feeling a little nervous now it has disappeared. Is this common? Or has someone messed up with the pixie dust?

5. Heidi says

Josh,
    What do you know about the water parks closure in December? The travel agent calendar shows TL closed. Not all, but many, places including the Disney website say BB is closed.
    TIA!

6. NSerp says

Will there be more detail provided for visits between December 20th – Dec 31st? The December Crowd Calendar stops on Dec 19th.