8/7/19 Update: Updated the touring plans and other information.
The information below is available in an easily printable PDF here. Consider downloading it to your smart device for easy referencing.
General Touring Philosophy: With 60+ attractions, Magic Kingdom is best toured over two or more days. The best plans compartmentalize the park by visiting two or three lands each day. Visit the character and attraction priorities in one land before moving on to the next. Have lunch and then head back to the same lands visiting the “anytime attractions.” This minimizes both waiting and walking. One-day touring will require more walking. You can still accomplish a lot by touring intelligently, but some attractions will need to be skipped.
Characters: Home to about 40 characters at any given time, the princesses are typically high priorities, whether it means meeting them early in the morning or with FastPass+ to avoid long waits. Check the My Disney Experience app or https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/ for times and locations.
Rope Drop: With a 9am open, Disney lets guests enter the park around 7:45am. Some of Main Street is open at that time, including Guest Relations, stroller/ECV rental, most stores, and Starbucks. Guests are held in the Hub area in front of Cinderella Castle with ropes blocking access to the other lands. At 8:55am, a 4-minute opening show featuring Mickey Mouse on the Castle stage welcomes guests and then the ropes are dropped and guests are free to visit the attraction of their choice. For Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, arrive no later than 8:15am and position yourself on the walkway to the right of Cinderella Castle heading towards Mad Tea Party. Get as close to the rope as possible. For Peter Pan’s Flight or Princess Fairytale Hall, position yourself in front of the Castle at the rope leading up through the Castle. For other attractions, there is much less of a rush and you can enjoy the Welcome Show front and center in the Hub. On morning extra magic hour days, the Welcome Show still starts five minutes before regular park open. For regular 8am opens, guests are allowed inside Magic Kingdom at 7:45am with the Welcome Show at 7:55am. Arrive by 7:20am for Mine Train or 7:40am for other attractions.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain (when high temperatures are 80+ degrees)
- Meet Mickey at Town Square Theater
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Meet Cinderella and a Visiting Princess
- Meet Rapunzel and a Visiting Princess
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Meet Ariel at Ariel’s Grotto
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Jungle Cruise
- Haunted Mansion
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Splash Mountain (when high temperatures are less than 80 degrees)
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- it’s a small world
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Mad Tea Party
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
There are far more FastPass+ opportunities at Magic Kingdom than any of the other theme parks, making the decision on which to pick difficult. Consider picking three high priority attractions in a land that you don’t plan to visit until the afternoon or evening. For example, if you plan to start your day with Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain, and Splash Mountain, then you may want to use FastPass+ in the afternoon in Fantasyland at Peter Pan’s Flight, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and Mine Train, or in Tomorrowland at Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, and Buzz Lightyear.
- Adventureland: Jungle Cruise’s old FASTPASS machines to the left of the entrance
- Adventureland: Breezeway to the right of Diamond Horseshoe across from Swiss Treehouse
- Fantasyland: To the right of Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Tomorrowland: To the left of the Stitch’s Great Escape entrance
Two-Day Morning Plan Day 1:
- Use FastPass+ at The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (9:30am-10:30am), Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (11:15am-12:15pm), and Enchanted Tales with Belle (12:30pm-1:30pm)
- Ride Space Mountain: 9am – 9:20am
- Ride Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 9:25am – 9:40am
- Ride Tomorrowland Speedway (if desired): 9:45am – 10am
- Ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh with FastPass+: 10:05am – 10:15am
- Ride The Barnstormer: 10:20am – 10:40am
- Ride Dumbo: 10:42am – 11:05am
- Ride Journey of the Little Mermaid: 11:10am – 11:30am
- Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with FP+: 11:35am – 11:50am
- Have lunch: Be Our Guest and Pinocchio Village Haus are closest: 12pm – 12:45pm
- Visit Enchanted Tales with Belle with FP+: 12:50pm – 1:30pm
- Select a nearby 4th FastPass+ via the phone app or the kiosk near Mickey’s PhilharMagic.
- Visit Mickey’s PhilharMagic, Prince Regal Carrousel, and 4th FP+ attraction: 1:35pm – 2:35pm
- Find spots for Festival of Fantasy and watch parade: 2:40pm – 3:15pm
- Use additional FastPass+, shop, grab snacks, or look around.
Afternoon and Evening: Consider an afternoon break or visit the anytime attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland like Mickey’s PhilharMagic, Prince Regal Carrousel, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Tomorrowland PeopleMover, and Carousel of Progress. Blend these with additional FastPass+ selections as they become available. Visit priority attractions in the two hours prior to park close when standby wait times are shorter than the afternoon, ending with a high priority ride like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or Peter Pan’s Flight right before close.
Additional Afternoon FastPass+ Availability: Unlike the other parks, Magic Kingdom has plenty of FP+ enabled attractions and ten or more will still have availability around 2pm. Schedule a priority attraction with limited availability for after a break or schedule several lower priority experiences back to back if you plan to stay in the park. Continue refreshing the app checking for other people’s canceled FastPass+ selections as they will become available for anyone else to book.
Two-Day Morning Plan Day 2:
- Use FastPass+ at Peter Pan’s Flight (10am-11am), Jungle Cruise (11am-12pm), and Pirates of the Caribbean (12pm-1pm)
- Ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 9am – 9:15am
- Ride Splash Mountain: 9:18am – 9:45am
- Ride Haunted Mansion: 9:55am – 10:15am
- Ride it’s a small world: 10:17am – 10:40am
- Ride Peter Pan’s Flight with FastPass+: 10:42am – 11am
- Ride Jungle Cruise with FastPass+: 11:10am – 11:30am
- Have lunch. Tortuga Tavern, Pecos Bill, and Skipper Canteen are closest. Columbia Harbour House, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Casey’s Corner are relatively close: 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Ride Pirates of the Caribbean with FastPass+: 12:30pm – 12:50pm
- Check app or Jungle Cruise kiosk for additional FastPass+ selections.
Afternoon and Evening: Consider an afternoon break or visit the anytime attractions like Tom Sawyer Island, Hall of Presidents, Liberty Square Riverboat, Country Bear Jamboree, Enchanted Tiki Room, and Swiss Family Treehouse. Schedule nearby FastPass+ experiences as they become available.
Two-Day Character-Centric Morning Plan Day 1:
- Use FastPass+ at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (11:15am-12:15pm) Enchanted Tales with Belle (1pm-2pm), Rapunzel at Fairytale Hall (2pm-3pm)
- Ride Peter Pan’s Flight: 9am – 9:15am
- Ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 9:20am – 9:30am
- Meet Ariel at Ariel’s Grotto: 9:35am – 9:50am
- Meet Gaston outside Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland: 9:55am – 10:10am
- Meet Daisy and Minnie at Pete’s Silly Sideshow: 10:15am – 10:30am
- Meet Donald and Goofy at Pete’s Silly Sideshow: 10:31am – 10:45am
- Ride The Barnstormer: 10:47am – 11am
- Ride Dumbo the Flying Elephant: 11:03am – 11:30am
- Ride Journey of the Little Mermaid: 11:35am – 12pm
- Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with FastPass+: 12:05pm – 12:20pm
- Have lunch. Pinocchio Village Haus and Be Our Guest are closest: 12:30pm – 1:20pm
- Visit Enchanted Tales with Belle with FastPass+: 1:25pm – 2pm
- Meet Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall with FastPass+: 2:05pm – 2:20pm
- Check the app or Mickey’s PhilharMagic FastPass+ kiosk for a 4th FastPass+
Afternoon and Evening: Consider a lengthy afternoon break in preparation of returning for dinner, some late night rides when waits drop, and the nighttime spectaculars. Alternatively, continue scheduling available FastPass+ experiences and work in anytime attractions while waiting for the return windows to open.
Two-Day Character-Centric Morning Plan Day 2:
- Use FastPass+ for Cinderella at Fairytale Hall (12pm-1pm), Jungle Cruise (1pm-2pm), and Pirates of the Caribbean (2pm-3pm)
- Meet Mickey Mouse: 9am – 9:10am
- Meet Tinker Bell: 9:12am – 9:20am
- Ride Tomorrowland Speedway: 9:30am – 9:50am
- Ride Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 9:55am – 10:15am
- Meet Stitch: 10:25am – 10:40am
- See Move It! Shake It! Parade in front of the Castle: 10:55am – 11:20am
- See Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire show in front of the Castle: 11:30am – 12pm
- Meet Cinderella at Princess Fairytale Hall with FastPass+: 12:10pm -12:30pm
- Have lunch. Be Our Guest, Pinocchio Village Haus, Harbour House are close: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- Ride Jungle Cruise with FastPass+: 1:40pm – 2pm
- Ride Pirates of the Caribbean with FastPass+: 2:05pm – 2:30pm
- See Festival of Fantasy Parade in Frontierland or Liberty Square: 2:40pm – 3:20pm
- Meet Merida, Aladdin/Jasmine, or other skipped characters.
4th FastPass+ selection: Haunted Mansion or it’s a small world would be best.
Afternoon and Evening: Consider an afternoon break or visit the anytime attractions like Tom Sawyer Island, Hall of Presidents, Liberty Square Riverboat, Country Bear Jamboree, Enchanted Tiki Room, and Swiss Family Treehouse. Visit it’s a small world, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and any other skipped attractions as late in the evening as possible or with FP+. Check the Times Guide or app for missed characters and visit them in the last hour they’re scheduled to appear.
1-Day Plan – 9am Open
- Use FastPass+ at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (11am-12pm), Big Thunder Mountain (12:15pm-1:15pm), Splash Mountain (1:15pm-2:15pm)
- Ride Peter Pan’s Flight: 9am – 9:10am
- Ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 9:15am – 9:30am
- Ride Space Mountain: 9:35am – 10am
- Ride Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 10:05am – 10:25am
- Ride Dumbo or The Barnstormer: 10:35am – 11am
- Ride Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid: 11:05am – 11:30am
- Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with FastPass+: 11:35am – 11:55am
- Have lunch. Be Our Guest and Pinocchio Village Haus are close: 12pm – 12:45pm
- Ride Big Thunder Mountain with FastPass+: 1pm – 1:20pm
- Ride Splash Mountain with FastPass+: 1:22pm – 2pm
Afternoon and Evening: Continually check the phone app for FastPass+ availability for the best Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and it’s a small world return times throughout the day, in addition to whatever other FastPass+ enabled attractions that you would like to experience. Mix in nearby anytime attractions in between FastPass+ windows. Save other priorities for the end of the night.
1-Day Plan – 8am Open
- Use FastPass+ at Splash Mountain (10:15am-11:15am), Big Thunder (11:15am-12:15pm), Peter Pan’s Flight (12pm-1pm)
- Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 9am – 8:20am
- Ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 8:22am – 8:35am
- Ride Space Mountain: 8:40am – 9am
- Ride Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 9:05am – 9:20am
- Ride Astro Orbiter or Tomorrowland Speedway: 9:25am – 9:45am
- Ride Jungle Cruise: 9:55am – 10:15am
- Ride Pirates of the Caribbean: 10:20am – 10:50am
- Ride Splash Mountain with FastPass+: 10:55am – 11:15am
- Ride Big Thunder Mountain with FastPass+: 11:17am – 11:35am
- Have lunch: Pecos Bill and Columbia Harbour House are close: 11:45am – 12:45pm
- Ride Peter Pan’s Flight with FastPass+ 12:50pm – 1:05pm
Afternoon and Evening: Continually check the phone app for FastPass+ availability for the best Haunted Mansion, it’s a small world, and other return times throughout the day, in addition to whatever other FastPass+ enabled attractions that you would like to experience. Mix in nearby anytime attractions in between FastPass+ windows. Save other priorities for the end of the night.
1-Day Plan – 7am Extra, Extra Magic Hours Open
- Use FastPass+ at Big Thunder Mountain (10am-11am), Haunted Mansion (11am-12pm), Your Choice (12:30pm-1:30pm)
- Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 7am – 7:20am
- Ride Peter Pan’s Flight: 7:23am – 7:35am
- Ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 7:38am – 7:50am
- Ride Space Mountain: 7:55am – 8:15am
- Ride Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 8:20am – 8:30am
- Ride Astro Orbiter or Tomorrowland Speedway: 8:35am – 8:55am
- Ride Jungle Cruise: 9:05am – 9:25am
- Ride Pirates of the Caribbean: 9:30am – 9:50am
- Ride Splash Mountain: 10am – 10:30am
- Ride Big Thunder Mountain with FastPass+: 10:32am – 10:50am
- Ride it’s a small world: 11am – 11:20am
- Ride Haunted Mansion with FastPass+: 11:22am – 11:40am
- Have lunch: Harbour House, Be Our Guest, and Village Haus are close: 11:45am – 12:45pm
- Use third FastPass+: 12:50pm – 1:10pm
Afternoon and Evening: Continue to blend anytime attractions with additional FastPass+ opportunities.
Late Arrival and Nighttime Crowds: Crowds only diminish most nights after 9pm as families invariably leave early with small children. The later it gets, the lower wait times will be, particularly if close is 11pm or later. Use FastPass+ when you arrive when wait times are longest. Visit the green anytime attractions until two to three hours before close. Then move on to the yellow attractions like Buzz Lightyear and Big Thunder Mountain and finish the night with the highest priority attractions like Peter Pan’s Flight, Mine Train, and Space Mountain.
The Festival of Fantasy Parade is usually scheduled at 3pm and runs from Frontierland to the left of Splash Mountain, through Liberty Square, and then through Main Street, exiting in between the Firehouse and Emporium. The best/lowest crowd viewing locations are in Frontierland in the Pecos Bill area through Liberty Square in front of Hall of Presidents. For Main Street viewing, see the show in front of The Confectionery or Town Square Theater where crowds are thinner. The Parade may be scheduled at 2pm during the fall months. If that happens, modify the touring plans above by finding spots for Festival of Fantasy one hour earlier and move the attractions visited between 2pm and 3pm to between 3pm and 4pm.
The Move It, Shake, It, MousekeDance It! Street Party is usually scheduled three times daily and runs from Main Street in between the Firehouse and Emporium up to Cinderella Castle, where it stops for about 20 minutes, before returning the same way. Arriving more than five minutes before it steps off is not necessary. Meet the parade on Main Street and follow it to the Castle or wait at the Castle for it to arrive.
Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire is usually scheduled five times per day at the stage in front of Cinderella Castle. Try to arrive ten to fifteen minutes before one of the shows. Earlier shows are typically less crowded. Consider watching from the very back of the area near the statue of Walt and Mickey as it’s elevated and easier to see over the heads of people standing closer to the stage.
Happily Ever After: This fireworks and projection show replaced Wishes on May 12, 2017. Fortunately, it actually increases the amount of pyro, in addition to adding impactful projections on Cinderella Castle. The best place to see it is on Main Street between Casey’s Corner and the Partners statue in the center of the Hub. Arrive 30-45 minutes before the show begins.
Once Upon A Time: This is a projection show visible on the front of Cinderella Castle that usually begins 45 minutes after the fireworks. See it either from the same spot as the fireworks or a little closer to the Castle for the best views.
Late Minute Rides and Exit: Consider getting in line for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan’s Flight, or another high priority attraction with a few minutes until close. Disney will let guests ride any operating attraction as long as they get in line at least a minute before close, even if the posted wait is long. Main Street stores will remain open for about an hour after park close. Linger a bit while others exit in front of you. The Express Monorail is the fastest way to the Transportation and Ticket Center (parking lot) unless the line is significantly backed up. The ferry is often a more comfortable ride with more room to spread out, particularly up the stairs on the second level.
Wait Times By Crowd Level
Mickey’s Party Day: