August 6th update: I have made a substantial update to the Disney World Calendar of Crowds, Cost, Weather, and Events. It now includes:
- A new section for openings and closures of rides, restaurants, parks, etc.
- A new section under each month outlining the best week to visit
- Added links to each “day-by-day crowd calendar,” with the best theme park to visit each day along with daily cost, average temperature, chance of precipitation, estimated overall crowd level, extra magic hour schedule, Fantasmic schedule, special events, dates of important promotions, and ride closures and openings.
- Instead of a “forward looking” outlook, more emphasis on 2010 and 2011 dates.
- Updated/edited various sections
I have also updated each of the articles in the Tickets category to reflect the new pricing that went into effect yesterday. This include:
I have added the January 2011 (it’s weird typing 2011, try it) Crowd Calendar and updated each of the crowd calendars for the other months. They now include a new line at the bottom with important ride closures and openings, promotion start and end dates, event information, and other pertinent information. You can find them to your right under “Crowd Calendar and Daily Best Park to Visit.” I’m trying to come up with another way to present it because the calendars seem a little “busy” now. I’ll be working on a couple articles to add to the “Is Is Worth It?” category in the next couple days because I don’t think I can bear to look at Microsoft Publisher or CPanel’s Legacy File Manager until at least Thursday. February 2011 will probably take a few days and then it’s on to some recommended touring plans and March 2011.
The site seems to be coming along okay, although I honestly don’t know what to expect. From April 1 to April 30 I had 839 total visits with a total of 1,398 pageviews. So far in the first three days of August I’ve had 890 visits and 2,240 page views. Progress, I suppose, but I think we’re still a good 500,000 off MouseSavers. I’ll be doing some “site optimization” in the next few days which will hopefully make the site easier to navigate. If you hadn’t noticed, there are a lot of categories to your right.
Until next time. Take care, Josh