Edit: Completed the forum upgrade last night, the 2nd. Surprisingly, it seems to have gone off without a hitch. It’s nice to have the cursor back. Thanks for the comments. I read and appreciate every single one after they’re posted and I’m sorry that I haven’t been commenting back faster. As bloggers, we tend to hang our hats based on the number of comments that get posted. It shows that people are reading and engaged with the content and we all enjoy reading other people’s opinions and experiences on things. Comments have driven a lot of the future “Walkabouts,” so don’t be shy about asking something. I can’t promise that I’ll venture out to Rafiki’s Planet Watch to see what species of wild hog is currently on display, but just about everything else is in play. Right now, I’m working on these “character prioritization lists” as discussed on the forum here: http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showthread.php?3923-Character-List-Thing-Very-Vague-Title. I’m hoping a preliminary version for Magic Kingdom is ready by the end of today, but they are taking a lot of time.
In case you weren’t aware, this website has a vBulletin forum attached to it at http://www.easywdw.com/forums. There is a banner above this post that states this fact. I am currently running version 4.1.8, but need to upgrade to 4.1.10. I hate upgrading because it always fixes one thing and breaks three. Or in reality fixes 75 things and breaks 194. The main problem (in my opinion) with 4.1.8 is that the cursor disappears every time you use the arrow buttons in a reply/thread, but only under certain circumstances. It is a little ridiculous. 4.1.10 is supposed to fix that “bug,” but who knows what bugs it will add. For your own amusement, check out the vBulletin customer support forum for a sampling of all the things that can go wrong with this thing. I just read over it and weep. Anyway, if you were unaware of said attached forum, you’re welcome to check it out before it potentially stops working tomorrow.
Just be aware that we are adverse to a few things:
- Vague thread titles – Threads titled, “Does anyone know if……?” are not tolerated.
- At some point you will be banned. It is a rite of passage.
- Under no circumstances start a thread asking about the weather in January, only to say that you hope the weather is still like that in July. It’s not. Likewise, no questions about January crowds and then tell us you hope that the crowds stay like that for Easter. They don’t. That’s ridiculous.
- I don’t know where that picture you think you saw from six months ago is either. The organization online and offline is ridiculous.
- Don’t start a thread asking whether easywdw.com, TouringPlans.com, or TourGuideMike.com is more accurate. You are at easywdw.com. What do you think the answer is going to be? Not this website? Shut the front door.
Other than that it’s a fun group though.
Also, thanks for making January the most visited month in this website’s history. In the entirety of 2010, this website welcomed 120,519 visitors. In January 2012, it welcomed 138,619, not including any forum traffic or bots. That’s neat. I’m not sure if you’re just here to watch the train wreck, but I’m glad you’re here no matter what your purpose happens to be.