This is what we’re looking at for December 2016. Click to enlarge or view as a prettier PDF. And if you don’t know what the numbers/letters mean, read the top of this post. The full operating schedule is available here.
This is a follow-up to the November 2016 preliminary crowd calendar. As several users have so eloquently pointed out, the months of November and December are not available from the drop-down menu overhead, largely because both months are so inaccurate. There is very little we can do with so little to go on:
- No extra magic hours at Animal Kingdom all month.
- 5pm closes at Animal Kingdom all month with no indication as to how often it will stay open late or how late that close will be.
- No Jungle Book or Rivers of Light showtimes.
- Hollywood Studios closing at 7pm or 8pm every night with no Fantasmic shows currently scheduled until December 29th.
- No indication as to when or how often Star Wars fireworks will be scheduled.
- No daytime or nighttime entertainment at Magic Kingdom currently scheduled for the last two weeks.
- No daily morning extra magic hours at Magic Kingdom over Christmas Week.
Likewise, there is no daily analysis for these months because whatever I write would be 95% wrong.
But the above is the best we can do at the moment. Scheduled Entertainment and Extra Magic Hour changes will affect the recommendations moving forward. For now, your best bet is probably scheduling at least one day at Magic Kingdom on a Party date and another day to see the nighttime entertainment. For Wishes and the Electrical Parade, I suggest Wednesday as it’s in the middle of the week and the evening EMH means not everybody will be headed to the exit after. I like a Tuesday or a Friday for Animal Kingdom. Epcot on Monday and/or Wednesday makes a lot of sense. And then fill in Hollywood Studios where it fits.
The website will continue to monitor the situation and update as it has information to share.