Off-Site Visitors Able to Make FastPass+ Reservations in Advance Beginning March 31st

by josh on March 26, 2014

Big news for guests staying off-site. Beginning March 31st, any guest with valid theme park tickets may connect their tickets via My Disney Experience/DisneyWorld.com and make FastPass+ reservations up to 30 days in advance of their visit. On-site guests maintain some advantage being able to book 60 days in advance, but all experiences should remain available at the 30 day mark (as well as being available much closer to any given date). Off-site visitors will be able to use My Disney Experience app and mobile site to make or change FastPass+ reservations, rendering the (currently) busy kiosks largely irrelevant for any guest with an Android device or iPhone.

MagicBands will be available for purchase (expected price is $12.95 each), but they are not required to use FastPass+. The RFID-enabled ticket media is all that’s required.

Rick March 27, 2014 at 8:08 am

Josh — it’s obviously a low priority for Disney, but any idea if they’re going to open FastPass+ up to Disney cast members to use anytime soon? Right now cast members have to use the kiosks the day of. But now that they’ve opened advance FastPass+ up to more people (Passholders and now offsite guests), I can’t imagine there will be a lot left to choose from on the day of a visit?

Tia March 27, 2014 at 9:27 am

I linked park tickets to my MDE account last week, and although I don’t have resort reservations, it looked like I could make FP+ reservations last week and it’s currently showing me availability up until April 26th, so are you sure it doesn’t start until March 31st? I haven’t tried to make any selections because I don’t plan to go until the fall.

LifeontheDrupe March 27, 2014 at 11:34 am

The only thing I’ve taken away from all this… Is that for the last 8mo, my Sam’s Club membership has deceived me… depriving me of my rights to a complementary danish. When a girl walks in to buy an 82ct box of “sticks”… you can bet it’s in everyones best interest to toss a damn danish in her direction.

Heather H. March 27, 2014 at 1:13 pm

I think Katie is being too nice. I firmly believe offsite guests should pay substantially more for their park tickets, snacks, etc.

Dawn H March 27, 2014 at 1:53 pm

THANK YOU MIREILLE!!

Marie March 27, 2014 at 2:11 pm

I definitely wouldn’t want off-site guests to have to spend more on tickets, food or get less perks than they already do. That would create more competition for on-site rooms, and less availability/selection for my family.

I think allowing off-site guests the ability to pre-book FP is a great idea.

vinotinto March 27, 2014 at 4:43 pm

An uninformed CM that does not know the latest in FP+? Imagine that!

shannon f March 28, 2014 at 12:10 pm

@Tia

I was able to do the same thing on 3/26. While in EPCOT, I linked my same day tickets, and I was able to add and manage my FP+. Did you have a previous resort stay where you received MB’s? I wondered if that was the glitch, or if they have the functonality turned on and not advertising.

Tia March 30, 2014 at 8:17 am

Hi Shannon,

Yes, I have a MagicBand from my November 2013 trip linked to my MDE account, so that might’ve been it.