Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade to Run For The Last Time on May 31st

by josh on May 6, 2014

As widely speculated, Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade will run for the last time on May 31st. There is no expected replacement. If anything, this should just cause people to leave earlier than they already do.

Disney did confirm “Rivers of Light,” a new nighttime spectacular, will open sometime in the (probably distant) future. Disney also re-confirmed a nighttime version of Kilimanjaro Safaris is also on its way. It’s expected that the nighttime version will be largely screen based with screens actually pulled up around the vehicles showing off the (fake) African sunset and potentially offering a night vision look at the savannas.

Trey May 6, 2014 at 10:30 am

Screen-based?! Feeling very doubtful.

alex May 6, 2014 at 10:39 am

It can be tough to see the animals in full daylight. what will a few screens really do?

Ernie May 6, 2014 at 10:42 am

RIP Jammin’ Jungle Parade. I’ll miss you :-(

Mary Ann May 6, 2014 at 10:45 am

So Josh, will this affect the late arrival advice as folks won’t feel the need to beat it after the parade?

josh May 6, 2014 at 10:46 am

More likely that people will leave before the parade would have begun because they don’t even have that to wait around for.

The fact that you can’t see anything at night is the reason the screens are necessary. It’s either that or drive around an empty fake savanna.

marianna May 6, 2014 at 10:53 am

Lots brewing at Animal Kingdom for sure. I kind of miss the old days already.

Jenny Beasley May 6, 2014 at 12:14 pm

We were just there on Sunday & the announcement over the intercoms said the parade closure was to be able to facilitate the opening of the Lion King show. I thought I heard that it would be back in August or October??? I could be totally wrong, though.

nobie47 May 6, 2014 at 3:47 pm

WAH … I will miss the parade :(

Dave1212 May 7, 2014 at 12:02 am

A nighttime safari can be done really well (just look at the Night Safari in Singapore, which is incredible)…. but not using the Kilimanjaro Safaris setup. I really hope they know what they’re doing with this night safari…. it doesn’t sound very promising to me!

Psac May 7, 2014 at 7:36 am

Screens sound awful.

Anne Marie May 7, 2014 at 8:26 am

I’m hoping this means Lion King will open June 1st. It’s one of my favorites and I’d love to see the new theater/area on this trip.

stevenmilz May 7, 2014 at 9:03 am

Safari with screens = Habit Heroes version 1. It won’t last long if they try it I bet…

jenn May 7, 2014 at 9:19 am

I hope people do leave earlier because our only AK day is our arrival day – so it’s an afternoon/early evening trip. It’s also the first of the Harambe Nights but at $480 for our whole family to attend…that’s not going to be happening. Hope the HN event doesn’t make the afternoon busier, but we’ll see I guess!

MrsNick May 7, 2014 at 11:23 am

RIP Jammin’ Jungle (sometimes aka Jingle Jungle) parade. It is actually the only one of the daytime parades we have seen at any of the WDW parks. We never attempted to see a parade at HS (before that went away) and have not bothered to see the daytime parade at MK (a little too much hassle to get us to divert from other plans when at MK).

We will truly miss the Jammin’ Jungle parade. Thought it was really cute, and unique due to the giant animal puppetry. Thank goodness I took some pictures the last time we saw it so we will have some memories of it. :~(

Mark May 7, 2014 at 12:37 pm

That’s too bad, I liked the Jammin’ Jungle Parade. Sad that I missed my last chance to see it last week.

Rob Huddleston May 9, 2014 at 6:53 am

Jammin’ Jungle was the only parade we missed last time (my then-2 y/o son overheated and we had to leave prior to 3:00), and now both it and the Pixar whatever it was called parade at HS are no more. Hate to see them go, because they were win-win for us. Either we were watching a cool parade or lines were short at the attractions. Oh well. The Mouse giveth, and the Mouse taketh away…