Disney World Operating Schedule Changes to July and August 2013

by josh on July 15, 2013

Just a few operating schedule changes released today.  We still don’t have the February 2014 operating schedule and still no updates to October 2013.  If we don’t see February 2014 tomorrow, it should arrive Friday.

Wednesday July 24:

• Animal Kingdom hours extended to 8am – 8pm from 9am – 8pm.

Sunday August 4:

• Magic Kingdom hours extended to 9am – 12am from 9am – 11pm.

Monday August 5:

• No changes.

Tuesday August 6:

• Animal Kingdom hours extended to 9am – 8pm from 9am – 7pm.
  • Magic Kingdom hours extended to 9am – 12am from 9am – 11pm.

Wednesday August 7:

• Animal Kingdom hours extended to 8am – 8pm from 9am – 7pm.
  • Magic Kingdom hours extended to 9am – 12am from 9am – 11pm.

Thursday August 8:

• No changes.

Friday August 9:

• Magic Kingdom hours extended to 9am – 12am from 9am – 11pm.

Saturday August 10:

• No changes.

———————————

Wednesday August 21:

• Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am – 10pm.  Second Fantasmic added at 10pm, in addition to 8:30pm show.

Thursday August 22:

• No changes.

Friday August 23:

• No changes.

Saturday August 24:

• Animal Kingdom hours extended to 9am – 6pm from 9am – 5pm.

Micah July 15, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I noticed that the January schedule actually had a different date on it (7/12), but I didn’t see any changes. Can you tell what changed, if anything?

Claytonia July 15, 2013 at 6:54 pm

No changes to recommendations then?

josh July 15, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Disney has been updating the date in the left hand corner even if they make a change to the font size or margin. I wouldn’t expect any significant changes to January for at least three months.

I wouldn’t expect the recommendations to change. These are pretty minor changes.

Claytonia July 15, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Cool, thanks brah

Mandy July 15, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Darn…I was hoping they would extend the Magic Kingdom hours for the last week in Aug. Why it is closing at 9 so many days that week?

josh July 15, 2013 at 9:27 pm

It’s the beginning of the off-season schedule as crowds drop significantly from the start of the month.

ocalla July 16, 2013 at 4:06 am

Josh, I noticed on MDE (I know, I Know) that on Wed. July 24th they say AK has and EMH starting at 7:00 a.m.? Is this just a mistake? or does it actually open at 7:00 a.m.

Tara July 16, 2013 at 4:54 am

Thank you! Waiting patiently (or not) for February!

Brian July 16, 2013 at 1:13 pm

The October “changes” are up. This is the 3rd “update” i’ve seen and still no change to any of my dates 10/1-10/6.

josh July 16, 2013 at 1:15 pm

The hours posted are the regular hours. So yes, the morning EMH on Wednesday July 24th would be 7am – 8am with the 8am regular open.

Disney seems to be updating the “last edit date” even when no changes are actually made to the content of that month. They may just change spacing, font size, etc.

Brian July 16, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Thanks Josh. I see you posted the same thing above. I’ll try to pay attention next time. :)

Ocala July 16, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Josh, thank you for answering!!! We usually don’t do EMH mornings, but I’m thinking about trying it for this day!! I’m hoping most won’t make it there that early, keeping the park quiet at least until 9:00.

Cathy July 16, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Hi,

I love your blog! New follower through Bloglovin. =)

I am doing a themed week on my blog: apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com a week in August. I have several guest bloggers and I am looking for a few more. I would love for you to be one of those guest bloggers! Anything Disney! My family and I are HUGE Disney fanatics too!

I am just asking for the post, in HTML, to me by August 2nd. Once I have them all, I will let you know the date your post will go live. I will promote your website through all my social media and would appreciate the same. =)

Interested?

Cathy

Michelle July 23, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Wondering when we’ll see the February calendar… any idea??