Disney World Annual Passholders to Receive MagicBands By The End of March 2014

by josh on March 3, 2014

Disney put up an internal advisory today notifying cast members that Annual Passholders will have the option to customize MagicBands throughout the month of March.

“Increasing numbers of Passholders who have linked their Passes to their My Disney Experience account will begin to see the option to customize MagicBands prior to receiving communication. As guests activate new and renewal Passes, they will see the option to customize MagicBands. The rolling process of extending this to all existing Passholders has begun and is expected to be complete by mid-March. These guests will be able to customize their MagicBands, but shipping is not expected to occur until mid-to-late March.”

It’s expected that Annual Passholders will be able to make reservations in advance just like guests staying on-site. Currently, Annual Passholders can schedule up to seven days of FastPass+ reservations without an on-property stay booked. It remains unclear when Annual Passholders will be able to reserve FP+ and how many days they’ll end up being able to schedule. The good news is that Annual Passholders should have MagicBands in hand (on wrist?) by the end of the month. If you haven’t already created a My Disney Experience account and linked your tickets, you may want to do so now.

dani March 3, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Well it is about damned time. I almost booked a campground last week just to get one.

Chris March 3, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Anyone know if you will get another Magicband if you already have one from a resort stay? I have mine linked to my AP and everything.

Dan Young March 3, 2014 at 7:47 pm

I am a Premier passholder, and was able to book FP+’s for my trip starting in a few days. But I couldn’t get a Magic Band in advance. I’m hoping they’ll have it when I check in this Thursday.

NancyB March 4, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Chris: Not sure if they’ll screen out Passholders who already have a band from a resort stay, but I’ve got 2 and a third on order for successive resort stays. I’ve read you can have up to 6 (or was it 8?) bands linked to one account. Color coordinate each day’s outfit! (If only they had a purple band available…)

Samantha March 5, 2014 at 7:15 am

I need to get on the website and look into this. I have heard so many conflicting things. We are staying offsite beginning March 31st. Would be wonderful to book FPs now if we can.

Samantha March 6, 2014 at 2:27 pm

It’s not working for me. Maddening, would really like to utilize this for our spring break trip. I’ll keep trying though.