The December Crowd Calendar was updated with the changes listed in this post, plus the shortened hours on Wednesday December 5th and the removal of the Electrical Parade on that date. The flippy-floppy of the Extra Magic Hours and the fact that the Electrical Parade is only offered on two nights that week changed the recommendations quite a bit. I’m sorry. Chances are you can still make your original plan work, but it’s going to be a hassle to see the Electrical Parade when your only choices are Monday and Saturday. Monday will be less busy, but not by much. Animal Kingdom’s close was also extended from 5pm to 6pm on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. Feel free to post a comment if you have a specific itinerary question. December sees more operating schedule changes than any month, so expect more, especially in mid-November when the “big update” comes.
The November crowd calendar was updated slightly. Fantasmic is now scheduled on November 13th, which changed the recommendations around those dates slightly. Magic Kingdom is also open until 10pm on Thursday November 8th, a day that was already not recommended.
The daily analysis for the rest of March 2013 was added.
Disney is converting the standing-room-only-section of Fantasmic into bleacher seating. This news was met with some amount of amusement as the local news announced the morning of that Disney was going to announce an “expansion” that evening. Via Twitter, my (sarcastic) response was:
- DISNEY TO ANNOUNCE 17 NEW PARKING SPACES AT ANIMAL KINGDOM IN LIEU OF AVATARLAND. FAKE MEDIA WILL BE FED COOKIES AND JUICE. BUY BOSCH!
- IF THE NEW BENCHES @ FANTASMIC ARE NOT BRANDED “Disney World” I AM NEVER RETURNING. THIS IS NOT “declining by degrees” IT’S A RACE TO THE BOTTOM!
- IT WOULD BE HILARIOUS IF DISNEY WAS TROLLING US AND @ THE END SAID, OH BTW STAR WARS LAND IS OPENING TOMORROW
- THRU SOURCES HIGHER THAN OTHER SITES I HAVE ACQUIRED ARTIST RENDERINGS OF WHAT FANTASMIC WILL LOOK LIKE W/ +1000 SEATS:
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO COMING OF THE GIRL THAT FRIES THE FRIES AT BACKLOT EXPRESS ANNOUNCING THE EXPANSION OF THE SEATING SECTION AT FANTASMIC.
- IF DISNEY WILL CALL MEDIA DAY ON NEW BENCHES WHY HAVEN’T THEY FOR THE “URINATING WITH RAPUNZEL EXPERIENCE” COMING TO FANTASYLAND? CONSPIRACY!
A crane will be on-site at Magic Kingdom from September 16th through October 1st to install the Castle Dreamlights on Cinderella Castle.
The Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground at Hollywood Studios will be closed for refurbishment from October 8th through November 16th.
Backlot Tour at Hollywood Studios will be closed for refurbishment for the same dates, October 8th through November 16th.
The Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party map is available here: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Event/MickeysNotSoScaryHalloweenParty/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-2012.pdf.