Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New disneyworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post

I'm so sorry I missed the Healthy Heroes thing. Sounds like the best thing since ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. But then I'm funny that way.
    When we were there in August, we were approached by Disney Research and wound up being taken along with 2 other families (12 people total) into a redo-in-progress of Habit Heroes. I took notes but of course never got around to writing them up. Two things I remember is they had completely removed the old characters, did other content changes and flipped the way you went through the three rooms (i.e., the room Josh saw first was now the last room). I wonder if they will ever finish and reopen it. While at no time did they tell us this was the old Habit Heroes thing, they gave us colored wristbands (like Livestrong bands) with www.habitheroes on them and, surprisingly, let us keep them.

In terms of Next Gen, I have no opinion. Whatever will be will be, and it won't be (yet) when I'm there in January. I'm sticking with the old Disney site for now.
    Last edited by RuthAnn; 12-18-2012 at 06:11 PM.

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    Very interesting! Josh said in his most recent blog post that the "new" Habit Heroes will be opening soon.

So, what did your family think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    If you go to disneyworld.com there is now a link at the top of the page saying "Experience the new Disneyworld.com. Switch Now!"
    Can't see it from over here in Asia, no such link.

My recommendation is to not switch. Don't see the upside at this point. First, you have to manually enter every reservation number - seriously, Disney, you couldn't figure out a way to link either all of our old rezzies or after putting in one number, linking the rest. Second, the beta pages are terrible looking. Much prefer the old version with pics of the hotels and an orderly listing of the ADRs. Finally, half the time the system is either down or unable to retrieve my rezzies. Can't believe Disney is putting out this crap. Obviously the new beta web page is brought to you by the same folks who did Test Track.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    I'd guess that clearing cache/cookies would put you back. The new site is still beta.
    Yeah, clearing cookies worked for me. (In Firefox, you can easily delete individual cookies without deleting them all, I just did the ones with "disneyworld" in the name)
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR (Report); Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 ???

After some time with the new site I was able to add all "guests" (with their favorite characters), link in all ADRs, and setup which parks we were visiting on which days... but I still had no success with connecting my Resort Reservation to it. After a few more times locking up, I finally gave up and went back to the old site. Maybe I will try again in a few weeks.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR (Report); Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 ???

Quote Originally Posted by pfalcioni View Post
    Very interesting! Josh said in his most recent blog post that the "new" Habit Heroes will be opening soon.

So, what did your family think of it?
    Well, the reason we got picked for this (i.e., DS14 - when we were approached by Disney Research, they asked us if we had a child between the ages of 8 - 14) was not impressed. The rest of us (DH, DD20, me) thought it had potential, but it was still definitely a work in progress which they told us going in. The video was still being developed and the imagineer read off a script for much of it - it wasn't on the screens. It was clear that the attraction was being rethemed to emphasize health rather than weight/nutition, though they did talk about fruits and vegetables. But there was also mention of stopping germs and sickness, and dehydration. At one point you were shooting bad habit things (rather than junk food) and we still had that strange run-around-the-room thing that Josh mentioned in the original Habit Heroes. I think we were shooting at air pollution monsters and other bad things during that, but I'm not sure. At the end all the remaining bad guys went down chimneys similar to Ghostbusters.

One interesting thing is at the end they gave us two vouchers, one good for four snacks (either ice cream or a fruit cup) and the other good for four drinks (sodas, water, or lemonade). They had to be redeemed at a particular kiosk near the Electric Umbrella and were only good for that day. DH noticed there was a number on the vouchers, which he said was the same number that was on the written evaluations we did. I'm sure they were tracking if we ordered the "healthy" stuff or not! The fruit cup wasn't even on the menu at this kiosk, but I saw some. We got four Mickey bars, two waters, and two low-cal lemonades.

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    How funny, yeah I agree, I wonder if they were tracking how many people got ice cream and soda?

Well, I am now not seeing an option for the new site anymore. Anyone else?

I had cleared cookies to get back to the old one to look for something, and now I don't have the button anymore to try the new site.
    Micah

MousePerks

I don't see it now either (on a computer where I had never selected it).

I'm on the new site, entered my dining reservations, even updated the guests, but it appears to have lost all my celebration info. There also doesn't seem to be anywhere to enter it. I'm not going until April so there's time, but this is annoying!
    Cookie
    self, DH, DS14, DS11
    August 2017 AKL (7 nights)
    September 2016 Universal-Hard Rock (4 nights)
    April 2015 POR(5 nights), Universal-Hard Rock (3 nights)
    April 2013 CSR (6 nights), Universal-RPR (2 nights)
    April 2012 CSR (8 nights)
    April 2010 CSR (8 nights)

Update: It looks like they "flipped the switch" and pushed the new site to everyone. Everyone else see it too?

I still am not able to add my Resort Reservation, which is frustrating. I also can't find Menus for restaurants anymore, but maybe I am just not looking hard enough.

On the plus side, the Dining Reservations all worked great, I was able to finish entering my Itinerary, and I love the new maps.
    Micah

MousePerks

Yep. I'm automatically there. And I can't do a thing.
    Yuck.

I just called and talked to a CM about why I can't enter my Resort Reservation. She said that they switched over about 25% of people today to the new site (not sure how they distinguish between people for this). She said they had a known issue with some Resort Reservations, and they are working on getting them switched over from the old system, and that I should try again tomorrow.

Once this is complete she said there will be new 360 degree views of many restaurants, attractions, etc... and that the menus will be "real" and not just samples for each restaurant.

Once complete it sounds like it will be better than the old one, but for now I think they switched a little before it was really ready.
    Micah

MousePerks

Well, I can't book anything. And seeing as I book for other people, I find it a pain that it makes me sign in and then uses that into to auto populate the lead adult going to the meal. When I try to book without signing in, well -- you can't. Then, they want you to list every person going to the meal. I don't want to list the names of all the people on every reservation! And, I don't want my name on every reservation. Ugh.
    So, I'll be talking to the nice folks at Disney dining for awhile, I think.
    Unless someone out there can help?

No go emptying Cache/cookies. I'm still on the new site. Maybe I'll try to switch to Firefox....

I spoke to Tech support. yeah. no so much.

YAY!!! Firefox it is!!

Quote Originally Posted by mousehelper View Post
    YAY!!! Firefox it is!!
    Firefox here too... since that is what I always use, but no difference for me, still on the new site.
    Micah

MousePerks