Thread: Jedi Training

Jedi Training

I know this question has been tossed around a lot over the last few months, and I thought I would share what our experience was a few weeks ago. We arrived around 8:05 for the 8:45 opening. We were third in line. We walked quickly to Jedi sign-up, and there was a short line there. When we came to get a time, he was still taking times for the first show. I asked politely if I could have a later time, and he asked which one. As he put our name on the list, I noticed there were others that had signed up for later shows before the 9:20 show had filled in. So I guess this means it all depends on the CM signing people up for the shows, and it doesn't hurt to ask. We made it to TSM and were off by 9:20. We then went to meet Buzz and Woody which had a 30 minute wait already! That was the only line we waited in the entire trip, so I am not complaining. It was worth the wait too! Anyway, just thought I would share our experience since it seems like it is very inconsistent!

Thank you much for your info. Maybe some consistent policy will develop by the time we go.

Thanks again - trip reports help so much.
    Amanda
    With DH, DD12, DS9, DD6
    January 19-27, 2013

Thanks. What time did you ask for?

We did the 11:00 time. I had the 11:50 time in my TP, but I was feeling too greedy to ask for that time! 11:00 worked out fine for us. We were able to do everything we had planned in the morning, but I just changed a few things (thanks to Josh for informing me on how to approach the different attractions). DH ran to get a FP for TT just before we checked in for Jedi. Then when we were done, we went straight to that ride. We also fit in a few character meet and greets that I hadn't planned at the hat while we had a little extra time in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn M View Post
    I had the 11:50 time in my TP, but I was feeling too greedy to ask for that time!
    Why? If they are taking time requests, what difference does it make whether it is 11am or 3pm or anywhere in between?

Any idea or clue what time they ran out and stopped taking names?
    Amanda
    With DH, DD12, DS9, DD6
    January 19-27, 2013

Sorry, I have been MIA for a few days. We came at 10:40 am for the 11:00 show, and they were still taking names for later shows. It was a recommended 5 day if that makes a difference.