Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: disboards??

I only ever posted on Theme parks & Resorts ....I discovered the rest of the boards quite recently. Tried the crafty bit but thats very slow. Also, collectibles but its a good thing thats slow, I have enough junk haha

I used to post a lot on the Dis, but then I got a stalker. He (?she) started out just posting after me on every thread I posted on, then I started to get some weird private messages from him/her after I did a trip report, so I really backed off for a long time. I post a little now, but not like I used to. There are definitely some loonies!

It can be great for information. The DCL board has been really helpful to me planning my first Disney cruise.
    But, I really just lurk because the nuts are likely to spring on the unsuspecting at any time. You never know what will set someone off.
    I am one of those that will read the freak threads though 'cause they can be so entertaining...
    Jill

known as jane elsewhere, but her friends call her meannatasha
    Pretty much the only thing I read/contribute to over there these days is the Shades of Green thread. Lots of good information on any military discounts etc. Very helpful group. 2 years ago a few of those folks mailed me coupons for a free night at SOG that they couldn't use. Ended up being about $270 in coupons.

SOG Nov 2004, March 2006, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2011, Jan 2013, May 2013, Dec 2013
    DLR March 2011
    Offsite Oct 2012, Jan 2013, April 2013

Quote Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
    I used to post a lot on the Dis, but then I got a stalker. He (?she) started out just posting after me on every thread I posted on, then I started to get some weird private messages from him/her after I did a trip report, so I really backed off for a long time. I post a little now, but not like I used to. There are definitely some loonies!
    Creepy!

I enjoy several of the threads, the DCL and in the Transportation thread..the 2000+ driving.

I really dont go on the Dis to often anymore because the site is so laggy. But I really love the Camping Board. Lots of good info and ideas with nice people.

I find most of the DISboards posts as a reflection of the state of mental illness in this country.

Exhibit 1: this thread on crying.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2888279

I admit that I was crying reading it - and laughing.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by utlegaleagle View Post
    I find most of the DISboards posts as a reflection of the state of mental illness in this country.

The only times I ever come close to crying are a month after I return, when I receive the credit card statement.

Exactly. Maybe after I realize how far away my next vacation is and how hard I'm going to have to work to catch-up for missing work...

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    I do have to admit that I've had a few tear filled moments at WDW. I have an autistic daughter who last year went through some serious OCD issues to the point where she almost had to be home schooled because she was completely melting down when people would touch her even by accident in the halls and couldn't sit down in the classroom of anybody had touched her desk or chair (I thank G-d ever day we found answers to help her but I digress). In the middle of this we had a WDW trip. I freely admit to a few tears when she reached out and hugged Tiana and tried to hug a chef with whom we've become friends (she wouldn't even hug her sister at this point). The magic at WDW really is powerful stuff.

No I don't tear up over things like seeing the castle, but I've had more than my share of tear filled moments at WDW.

It might just be me, but I don't find anything odd or funny about the crying thread. I don't cry often, but sometimes when I go into "emotional overload" I start to cry, and yes, even when I'm happy. Unfortunately, I didn't cry when my kids were born, but I blame that on the drugs (that were not optional). However, I cried during the MK Welcome show both times we made rope drop, and I was quite embarrassed about it and tried to hide my eyes and hoped that no one noticed. And I, for one, am happy that I'm not alone and that others cry sometimes at WDW, too! ;)
    Read my 2012 trip report here or on my blog.
    ~* My 2014 trip report is
    here *

Quote Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
    I freely admit to a few tears when she reached out and hugged Tiana and tried to hug a chef with whom we've become friends (she wouldn't even hug her sister at this point). The magic at WDW really is powerful stuff.

No I don't tear up over things like seeing the castle, but I've had more than my share of tear filled moments at WDW.
    This is me, too!

When we were picked as family of the day at Magic Kingdom, my son who suffers from extreme anxiety said that he wasn't going to participate in the opening show. But once things started, he ran right out there with a big smile and was waving at the crowds. THAT made me tear up!
    ~Brandi

don't ask me to spin in circles mdsd8700's Avatar
    Actually I am a cryer. I have a low threshold hold for tears when it is something sentimental. It is a joke in my family and my husband and kids know when a movie, tv show/commercial or a moment in general (weddings, graduations, Disney) has tripped my water works and then all just look at me and smile because they know what is coming. It is a bit of an odd personality trait but I have been that way since I was a kid.
    All Who Come To This Happy Place....Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by mdsd8700 View Post
    Actually I am a cryer. I have a low threshold hold for tears when it is something sentimental. It is a joke in my family and my husband and kids know when a movie, tv show/commercial or a moment in general (weddings, graduations, Disney) has tripped my water works and then all just look at me and smile because they know what is coming. It is a bit of an odd personality trait but I have been that way since I was a kid.

^ that is sooo me, too!
    (I really dislike posting from my phone)

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mdsd8700 View Post
    Same here!

Saw the Castle Lighting on our last trip and after it was over I had tears rolling down my face because I was so happy to be sharing that moment with my family. I tried to hide it but my DH noticed and said "Are you crying?!" All I could do was nod my head "yes" and he laughed and gave me a hug. Little did I know that would be the last moment like that we'll ever have as a family again as DH and I are separated now (off to find the tissues now because I'm crying just thinking about it!)
    Jill
    DD-Hannah (12)

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century

http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ber-19-27-2010

Hugs, Jill. I hope things work out for you.

proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
    Same here!

Saw the Castle Lighting on our last trip and after it was over I had tears rolling down my face because I was so happy to be sharing that moment with my family. I tried to hide it but my DH noticed and said "Are you crying?!" All I could do was nod my head "yes" and he laughed and gave me a hug. Little did I know that would be the last moment like that we'll ever have as a family again as DH and I are separated now (off to find the tissues now because I'm crying just thinking about it!)
    I'm so sorry to hear that, Jill...

Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!

Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite
    2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy * 2014- WL, DCL Magic & BWI * 2015- DCL Fantasy

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    I'm so sorry, Jill. I hope everything works out for the best for you.
    Janine

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I dare you to go to the Community or Budget boards.
    only if you feel like being treated like a complete idiot though, otherwise steer clear.
    The people who frequent their WDW board are just mean. You could ask a simple question and receive a response similar to "OMG HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT AREADY? SERIOUSLY?!".
    The DLR board is much friendlier.
    The Circle of Sarcasm seems to be full of seriously bitter people who have too much time on their hands.

Has anyone ever sold their child's soul to get money for a WDW trip? How much are souls going for theses days?

(this is the Dis budget board, right?)
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

he's right
    I find it is a much better option to lease them. You get less for it per trip, but you can lease a soul to help pay for multiple trips, not just one.

I couldn't tell you. Apparently if you sell your soul before you have kids, they are born soul-less.

Nicole, DS Ben - 10, DD Lauren - 9
    Princess Half Marathon 2013, Glass Slipper Challenge 2014, Tower of Terror 10 miler 2014

Quote Originally Posted by utlegaleagle View Post

LOL

Actually, I'm a cryer. I get filled with happy emotions and cry. Simple. I have no shame.

What I find crazy is people who ask for medical advice. Since when have DISers been doctors? Drives me nuts. Seriously nuts.