Thread: Mk 4/1 & epcot 4/2

Mk 4/1 & epcot 4/2

Hi all! We'll be heading to MK & EPCOT next weekend and trying to figure out the best plan. This will be the first trip for my 4yr old (that he'll really remember and be able to enjoy), so it will be our first time trying to hit the parks for RD, to try to get in as much as we can.

For Saturday 4/1, we've got reservations at BOG for 840am. Planning to get in and out of there early & be in line for 7DMT by 845. Hoping to ride Mine Train and Peter Pan before heading to Tomorrowland and hopefully get on Space Mtn as well before the wait starts to build. Right now we've got FP for Buzz Lightyear 930-1030am, Meet Cinderella & Elena 1030-1130am (top priorities for my kids - I would not normally waste a FP on princesses lol) and 7DMT 120-220pm. Is it realistic to expect we can get 7DMT, PP, and Space Mtn knocked out with minimal (under 15-20 mins) wait before about 930-10am? If we do get on 7DMT first, I plan to swap our 120 FP for either Pirates or BTMRR as soon as we exit the ride. Or, knowing that we have a FP for 7DMT already, would it make more sense to skip that & hit PP and SM first? This wil be the first trip my 7yr old can ride Space Mtn, so that's our next highest priority. Anything else would be nice, but not the end of the world if we don't get to. Overall, with a husband who hates crowds and an almost 4yr old, I'm just trying to fit in as much as we can with minimal time spent waiting in standby.

Sunday 4/2 we plan to arrive for RD at EPCOT. We've got FP for Nemo 945-1045 & Crush 1045-1145. Managed to get FEA FP, but not til 650pm which is less than ideal as we'll be driving back home (Tampa) that evening and the kids have school in the morning. I keep checking back hoping to nab an earlier FP. My original plans were RD and heading straight to TT and then Soarin before hitting our Nemo FP. But, we're staying at the Swan and I was reading that RD from the IG is going to put us at a disadvantage for that. Is this still a good plan, or would it be any better to head to FEA at RD coming from IG, and swap that FP for an earlier time at TT or Soarin? If we did FEA at RD, would we make it to Soarin or TT before the wait times have already built up? I'm hesitant to drop our FEA FP anyway, but just trying to explore all our options.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

If you're doing the early morning breakfast, I'd do Mine Train first unless it looks like they aren't going to let you on until after 8:45am. You would have enough time to get over to Peter Pan before the rope drop crowd arrives. I'd probably also drop the Buzz FP+ and go there after Peter Pan then do Space Mountain. You could use the FP+ at Winnie the Pooh instead.

I'd probably stick to your guns and do Test Track then Soarin at rope drop. The Frozen FP+ should protect you from downtime and allow you to ride just in case the ride is having issues at rope drop or by the time you get to the front of the line.

I don't understand... you have BOG reservations at 8:40 and you want to be on 7DMT at 8:45?

Quote Originally Posted by projectx View Post
    I don't understand... you have BOG reservations at 8:40 and you want to be on 7DMT at 8:45?
    With an 8:40 am BOG ADR they should be let in with the other PPO breakfast people around 7:45 am and can check in, order, and eat to try to be out of the restaurant in time to ride 7DMT.

We did that at Epcot. We had an 8:20 ADR at Garden Grill and were one of the 1st tables seated, we were finished in time (without rushing and we saw all the characters) to get to Soarn' before the RD crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelCT View Post
    With an 8:40 am BOG ADR they should be let in with the other PPO breakfast people around 7:45 am and can check in, order, and eat to try to be out of the restaurant in time to ride 7DMT.

We did that at Epcot. We had an 8:20 ADR at Garden Grill and were one of the 1st tables seated, we were finished in time (without rushing and we saw all the characters) to get to Soarn' before the RD crowd.
    Yep, that's our plan. Although, I am continually checking back to get an earlier reservation if I can (just for peace of mind!)

Does anyone know if we arrive early for our BOG ADR as planned, and we wanted to pre-order, will we have to wait for our food until our reservation time, or will it be processed when we check in?

Thanks, Josh! So does it make sense to hang on to our 1:20 mine train FP+ until we know for sure we'll be able to ride right after breakfast, just in case they're not letting us on or its down for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by carissa View Post
    Yep, that's our plan. Although, I am continually checking back to get an earlier reservation if I can (just for peace of mind!)

Does anyone know if we arrive early for our BOG ADR as planned, and we wanted to pre-order, will we have to wait for our food until our reservation time, or will it be processed when we check in?
    It will be processed and delivered just like your reservation was at 8am, assuming you arrive that early.

You could...just depends on whether you want to have more FP+ options and availability now if you switch it or if you want to wait until the day of and then see what's available. If you're happy with just one ride on Mine Train then I'd probably switch it now. It's extremely rare that you wouldn't be able to get at least one ride on Mine Train with a short wait with that breakfast reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    It will be processed and delivered just like your reservation was at 8am, assuming you arrive that early.
    Perfect!

Thanks so much for the info Josh. I swapped out our Mine Train FP+ for Splash, since riding more than once is not a big deal for us. Now if only I could talk my kid out of wanting to meet Elena, I could use another FP+ for something else way more fun!

Thanks so much for the info Josh. I swapped out our Mine Train FP+ for Splash, since riding more than once is not a big deal for us. Now if only I could talk my kid out of wanting to meet Elena, I could use another FP+ for something else way more fun!
    If you only ride 7DMT once and go to Elena right after, you can probably meet her with a short enough wait. Although I don't think a high-priority character meet is a bad use of an advance FP+, since those waits can get long and they aren't usually available to book as a 4th FP.

I'm not really into character meets myself, especially the "face" characters I find kind of awkward, but we've done so many of them in our last two trips with our two little girls. Their excitement & sweet interactions with their favorite characters is worth the time and the FPs.
    1983 (age 3) Buena Vista Palace; 1988 Fort Wilderness Cabin; 1991 Offsite; 1997 All-Star Music;
    2002 All-Star Music; 2004 All-Star Movies;
    April 2006 All-Star Music; May 2011 POP Century;
    Sept 2014 Caribbean Beach; Aug 2015 Art of Animation, Lion King Suite;
    Aug/Sept 2017: Bay Lake Tower