Thread: Less than 1 week to the live BatB Film

Less than 1 week to the live BatB Film

Who's ready and as excited as I am to see this film? I unfortunately won't be there opening day/night on March 17th, but am hoping to see it that weekend. I really like what I have seen in the trailers and even with all the backlash about Emma Watson playing Belle and her singing I think she will do a wonderful job. I can't wait.

Looking forward to seeing it on March 18!

We have tickets for the 17th! Can't wait!! This was my favorite Disney movie as a child! Hoping the beast isn't too scary for the little ones though.

I already planted the seed with my husband and told him we are going for a date night...whether it is a matinee or early evening- I don't care. Just some normalcy of going to the movies without the little guys in tow :)

Lisa

April 2016 Trip Report

I'm looking forward to it! I have family coming into town this weekend and my DH and I are going to see it. It'll be our first date post baby! I really want to see it and Get Out!
    Tricia

Upcoming: PHM Feb 2018

Past Trips:
    Feb 2016 TR, 2015 DLP TR, April 2015 TR, Feb 2015 TR, Nov 2014 TR, Jan 2014 TR, Dec 2011

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Bought tickets last week for DD and I to see it on Sunday.
    Jill & DD - Hannah (14)

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017: SeaWorld, Discovery Cove & 1 day at Magic Kingdom

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20

DH and I are going late on the 18th! Our Alamo Drafthouse is offering commemorative pilsner glasses with the show. Love it!
    1st Trip - Honeymoon! - 1983
    Latest Trip - Bucket List trip with Grandkids - 2014

Linkura
    Quote Originally Posted by ThemeParkCommando View Post
    DH and I are going late on the 18th! Our Alamo Drafthouse is offering commemorative pilsner glasses with the show. Love it!
    I sooo wish we had Alamo Drafthouse here! I never go to the movies anymore as it's such a pain. But it sounds like AD is a lot of fun.

Well? Someone must have seen it by now. Reviews please.
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

I thought it was great! A lot of singing. The background music was a bit high for some of the songs (could have been the theater?). But, the CG effects and the acting was great. Was very different from Cinderella. I think Belle was wonderful, the comic relief was there with Gaston's side kick and a few of the castle furniture pieces (I don't want to give anything away). If you are taking small children, there are a few scenes that may scare them (wolves). My 8 year old just looked away. If you loved the original, you will more than likely love this. I think they did a great job keeping it close to the original and expanding a few things that helped fill in the gaps from the old version. When they sing the "favorite" songs you get that same Disney feeling :) can't explain that feeling, but if you love Disney you might know what I mean.

Amber223
    We went to see it this afternoon and we all loved it! I thought Emma Watson ended up making a great Belle, which I had been a little on the fence about. My mom loved her too and really commented on how they picked the perfect girl for Belle--and that was coming from someone not familiar with all the HP films. The Beast, Gaston and LeFou were all really good also. At times I felt almost like I was watching the live musical play. It was really close to the original storyline with just a few differences here and there. My favorite part was when the Beast told Belle she could have his library and he saw how much it meant to her. It was the sweetest!

I'm hoping to see it soon, maybe next week or the week after!
    Just can't wait for 2017....

Too scary for a 4.5 year old? I'm on the fence about taking him. He's generally pretty unflappable. But a friend saw it on opening night and thought it was "pretty scary"

my expectations were to high. I was little disappointed for some reason

I thought it was great! They honored all the original songs and added a few. I thought Emma Watson was a little less "graceful" than I would have expected but I still enjoyed her being cast as Belle. And actually, I thought everyone was very well cast. Luke Evans made a great Gaston and the hair was phenomenal.
    I don't really like CG much but was never pulled out of the movie because of it. My husband said he like that Belle's character is much stronger in this version. The comic relief with Lefou was also a nice change.
    The only song that I thought was superfluous was the Beast's near the end. I'd pay to see it in the theater again.

Amber223
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Too scary for a 4.5 year old? I'm on the fence about taking him. He's generally pretty unflappable. But a friend saw it on opening night and thought it was "pretty scary"
    My niece is 7 and during the first wolf scene she was like I need to go to the restroom, so I felt like it might have scared her, but she insisted it didn't. I would think though it might be hard for a 4.5 year old to sit thru the whole thing, it was really long, and probably wouldn't hold that age's attention as well as a cartoon might?? Hard to say.

Went to see it this Saturday night, 11:40 pm at Alamo Drafthouse. The theater was packed, only 4 seats available in the front row by the time the movie started. DH and I both enjoyed the movie, and want to see it again for parts we missed and parts that we were discussing afterwards ( Gaston's song is missing a verse, or did they just put in new verses and we missed the older one?) I really think they did a good job with the CGI for the Beast. I like the humor and I loved the ending.
    I liked the new song they gave the Beast, it touched me. It was enough like the animated movie that I feel they did a good job honoring the roots of their story, while giving us a bit more.
    1st Trip - Honeymoon! - 1983
    Latest Trip - Bucket List trip with Grandkids - 2014

We saw it on the weekend. I just loved every minute of it. Emma Watson is such a wonderful role model for my girls, and she is perfect for the part. There are few very funny parts ("dignity?" lol), and Josh Gad is fantastic, as always. The audience clapped at the end. I love it when that happens at the movies.
    The beast is definitely scary in parts, but thinking of when my kids were younger, I think they would have been even more frightened of the wolves.

My DD18 and I saw it on Saturday night, and we both enjoyed it (the original is her favorite princess movie). I thought Emma Watson was a little stiff initially, but I warmed to her as Belle. Gaston was great. Several good LOL spots in the movie. However, while I love Emma Thompson, I missed Angela Lansbury as Mrs. Potts! Good movie, good time with DD.

I wish we had an Alamo Drafthouse nearby. My nieces were at theirs, and no fair that they got a souvenir glass and we didn't! We were at our local AMC Dine-In Theatre, no souvenirs offered, drat. I thought some of the items that have been critical about the movie in the news were so not worth being critical over.

I saw a different Beauty and the Beast movie is available at Redbox -- has anyone watched it? Worth renting?

My five-year-old daughter gets "tense" during movies in theaters (she spent most of Moana in my lap). We covered her eyes during the scary parts (wolves, Beast when he's mean, and fight scene at the end). It was easy to anticipate the scary scenes if you're familiar with the original version, because they are very similar and the action is all in the same order. I was also able to tell her things like "don't worry, she'll escape the wolves" because I'd seen the original. My daughter still liked it and has been singing the songs all weekend. And I thought it was stunning. It's my favorite Disney movie and the new one really did justice to the original, and even deepened the characters and story lines.

Just got back from seeing 'Beauty and the Beast' and, wow, it was beautifully done!

Dec 1981 Magic Kingdom/Off-site
    Dec 1998 Animal Kingdom, MK & Universal Studios Florida/Off-site
    Dec 2005 Disney Wonder & MK (MVMCP)/Port Orleans Riverside & Saratoga Springs Dec 2008 Disney Magic
    Nov 2011 Islands of Adventure & USF/Off-site/Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas
    Aug 2015 IoA & USF/Cabana Bay Nov 2016 Epcot, MK, Hollywood Studios & AK/All-Star Movies
    Oct 2017 AK, Ep & MK (MNSSHP)/ASMo/IoA & USF/CBay

Quote Originally Posted by All about me View Post
    Just got back from seeing 'Beauty and the Beast' and, wow, it was beautifully done!
    Agreed! My husband and I saw it on Saturday and we loved it! Disney did an amazing job of bringing these characters to life. Emma Watson was fantastic. Can you imagine what it was like for her to be playing the iconic role of Belle??

Lisa

April 2016 Trip Report

I finally got around to seeing it last night. Glad I didn't take the kids (definitely would have been too scary plus not as interesting as the animated for them) . Enjoyed it much more than I expected, to the point I'd like to see it again. Although I never did get used to Emma Watson as Belle. That is the one thing that took me out of the movie a few times. Really liked that Maurice was played more seriously. It was outstanding how they made the transition from animated to live action, just the right balance.

We just saw it yesterday and everyone enjoyed it. Somehow, I had managed to completely miss hearing in advance who played all of the (in)animate objects (except Audra McDonald who was featured so prominently in the first scene, and I recognized Emma Thompson at the end), so watching the credits was a treat as I realized who everyone was.

Just watched this tonight and LOVED IT!!! We never made it to the theater but bought it as soon as it was released today. Of course, I cried through the entire movie because I'm a sentimental sap. But 12 year old me was very happy with the way it turned out. From the very first notes of the opening song I thought it was perfect. And the cast was phenomenal. Well done, Disney.