Thread: Typhoon Lagoon TP Help

on josh's private jet to tokyo disneysea...someday

Typhoon Lagoon TP Help

Need your help, please. Am trying to help a friend plan for their first WDW trip. I've never been to Typhoon Lagoon to help them and they want to go. Can you please help me with a suggested TP? Mom, Dad, DD9, DD5 (49 in). TL hours are 10-5 on a weekday for Wed Oct 26.

Late arrival after a night at MNSSHP so not sure what time they will arrive.

Shark Reef
    ... Let kids practice tubes by taking a round on Castaway Creek
    Gang Plank Falls
    Keelhaul Falls
    Surf Pool & Bay Slides (Let kids get used to body slides)
    Storm Slides x3
    Assuming kids have enjoyed all the other slides, do Crush n Gusher x3
    Mayday Falls
    Humunga Kowabunga
    Repeat favorites until 5
    Can they shower and change clothes in the locker room after 5?

Does this sound like a good progression in scary factor as well as in trying to avoid long lines since arriving late? Thanks for any input!

As far as scare factor I think that's a good plan to ease the kids into the bigger/more thrilling rides.

I would not plan on the Castaway Creek early in the morning, I'd save it for later in the day when you need a nice break off your feet or use it for transportation from point A to point B. The park overall won't be busy that time of year (unless it's blazing hot for some reason) but earlier in the day the lines for the slides will be much shorter than say around lunch time so you would be spending valuable touring time doing something you can do with no wait anytime duringh the day, make sense?

yes you can change and shower in the locker rooms after 5 and some of the shops will still be open for that last minute gift on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    DD5 (49 in)
    I haven't been to Typhoon Lagoon since 1997 (way before kids), so I looked mostly to see what advice you got. I just want to say that DD8A (46"), DD8B (46.5") and DD6 (44") would be jealous!
    Tenatively 6/2015, somewhere
    6/2012: Windsor Hills
    1/2009: GKTW
    9/1997: ASMu
    7/1978: Off-site

Thanks for the help! And yes, she is tall. My DD5 is only 44 inches but my friends DD is tall. But so are her parents. :)

We were there yesterday, honestly, you don't need to worry about a plan.. It was very quiet. I think the only 15 min wait was the ride in the corner, the gusher? I didn't get over to it but walked on every thing else pretty much

That's good to know! Thanks for the update!!

We did about your plan but like the PP stated we felt like we didn't really need a plan during late Fall the crowds were minimal. They may be way done by 5. I think we needed 3 hours to get every ride in and did a few multiple times. We did not spend much time in the wave pool though because the cement bottom was ouchy to us. My kids also did not want to do the reef and the water is kept COLD there so it may depend on weather if they want to do that or not.

We went the middle of last week, didn't arrive until noon and didn't really need a touring plan, and there were minimal crowds (plenty of open spots at all beach locations), and no ride was more than 10 minute wait entire day). Even the worst of it was Crush-n-Gusher which meant waiting ~5 minutes for a tube then walking up. The Shark Reef was great and until ~2pm we were able to go back to back (they let us walk through and skip the saftey/information briefing on repeat trip). The only thing is that the Reef is 68 degrees vs. ~81 degree water for rest of park, so that could be alittle cold as a shock to system at first, but wasn't too bad after a few seconds in the water.