Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DVC Rooms - Charts with detailed room info

Thanks for the info about BCV. I did make a couple updates to the charts already after the renovations... but wasn't aware of anything with the shower/tub in the dedicated. I will try to do a little more research to see if it is all the rooms or just yours, or if someone else knows... (Dave?)
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR (Report); Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 ???

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ptlohmysoul View Post
    The showers were not roll-in, but had about a 3-4 inch wall for its "tub" - I don't know the correct terminology - I hope that makes sense.

Really doesn't make sense. Disney knows young kids that still are bathed by their parents go there, right? Maybe everyone will just let their kids bathe in the swimming pools :/
    Those sound like the ones they're doing at CSR. Definitely not an ADA shower; more like a dog bath. And those kids use the hot tubs as toilets, so why not the pools as bathtubs?
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    Thanks for the info about BCV. I did make a couple updates to the charts already after the renovations... but wasn't aware of anything with the shower/tub in the dedicated. I will try to do a little more research to see if it is all the rooms or just yours, or if someone else knows... (Dave?)
    Micah I've not stayed in a renovated dedicated 2BR, just a studio and a 1BR, so can't confirm. Studios have the usual tub shower combo.
    Struggling author of yourfirstvisit.net and co-author of The easy Guide.

I updated Post 1 with some preliminary information about the upcoming Copper Creek Villas. This is based on the best info I can find, but some of it truly is just guesses and assumptions based on available drawings and the declaration. Once the resort is actually bookable, and people have stayed in these rooms I plan to update with the final information.

I also made some other corrections on BCV 2BR, OKW Studio, OKW 2BR, OKW GV, and Aulani 2BR based on posts here and on other forums, and I reorganized some of the room categories that didn't properly fit in the normal categories (like Treehouses, Bungalows, and Cabins).

As always, let me know if you see anything that is incorrect or missing.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR (Report); Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 ???

Micah, what's an alt studio?

It looks like there will be an "Alternate" Studio layout for some of the rooms at Copper Creek Villas, where the Studio has a separate Living Room area, and is significantly larger. No one knows exactly how many there will be, but the assumption is that there will be 1 per floor based on the floors that have been declared so far. Also note that they are lock-offs so they will end up as part of an Alternate 2BR too.

They don't show up separately in the point charts so they will take the same number of points as a normal studio. I am curious if they will be a separate booking category, or if they will just be by request only, and exactly what else is unique about them (looks like 2 balconies, etc).

Here is the layout compared to the normal studio: (from the Declaration itself)

And the Alternate 2BR L.O. layout:

Here are some articles where I got a lot of my info on the new CCV:
    http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts...ments-and-more
    http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts...t-copper-creek
    Micah

MousePerks

Thanks a million, Micah. These seem to be uses of the old Deluxe rooms where they don't span all the way across (the full span deluxes, with two deluxe rooms at the corners, two regular rooms between and one at the side, turned into those enormous grand villas).

Micah, I saw your source for the Copper Creek room sizes, but think that the studio/1 bed/2 bed should be multiples of standard WL room sizes, which is 340-345 sf depending on your source. I'll be posting them as 340/680/1020.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Shute View Post
    Micah, I saw your source for the Copper Creek room sizes, but think that the studio/1 bed/2 bed should be multiples of standard WL room sizes, which is 340-345 sf depending on your source. I'll be posting them as 340/680/1020.
    Thanks. I am hoping to find something more official at some point.. but if not, I will follow your lead.
    Micah

MousePerks

Micah, I can't get the Grand Villas to add up either--see near the end of this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2017/03/08...derness-lodge/

Apologies if it's already been discussed, but is there any difference to speak of in handicapped vs non handicapped equipped room? Other than obvious being able to reach sinks and tubs. Specifically, our wheel chair member of the group won't need to roll into the shower, but she will need to sit there, and she won't need to use her chair in the room 90% of the time, but there are times when she does need it to move around and I am wondering if we can get by ok in a normal room. We'll be at Kidani 2 bedroom. If I understand correctly the space is the same, they just open on the kitchen a bit by removing the bar area, but if we can keep the normal room, that seating would be good for other members of our party. Also, if she did need to go the handicapped equipped room route, does anyone know where those rooms are located at Kidani? I think the most important thing for her is to be close as possible to the bus (transportation). Thanks in advance!
    Pictures of our gluten free dairy free food in Disney
    Just back from a Summer Trip!

I am not sure the answer, since I haven't stayed in an accessible DVC room. You may want to start a new thread asking your question, since it won't get seen by many buried at the end of this one. Hope someone can help.
    Micah

MousePerks

I don't know specifically about Kidani but I do know accessible rooms can have a very different bathroom layout. We got a VGF accessible studio (by chance not request) and instead of the split bathroom with 2 showers it was a single larger room with 1 accessible shower. Which was a bummer because we specifically chose that resort in order to have 2 showers for our group of 3 adults. Thankfully it was a split stay and only for our first night. But because of that experience I'm considering putting in a specific request to avoid an accessible room for a future adults only trip.

Updated Post 1 again with new info about Copper Creek Villas (still preliminary).
    Micah

MousePerks

When booking OKW for this summer, I see two booking categories for a studio (standard view or near hospitality house. I was planning to put in a request for the buildings that Dave recommends (62,63,64). I assume those are all in the "near hospitality house" category when booking, is that true? I was able to get near hospitality house for 3 nights, but the 4th night I had to book the standard view (I wait-listed the near hospitality house room for one night). Can someone confirm if 62,62,64 are all in the near-hospitality house booking category?

From what I have seen, the buildings officially designated as Hospitality House are 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 25, and 26.

So Dave is actually recommending buildings in a category that is easier to book because they are not technically in the HH category, but they are still quite close to HH. Plus, they are the buildings with elevators, which is a bonus.

Of course, it is just a request, and you could end up anywhere... so there is a benefit for sure of booking the actual HH category.
    Micah

MousePerks

Thanks Micah! I really would like the buildings with elevators, so am hoping for 62,63,64, and that is actually good that they are not in the hospitality house category, because then I can switch my whole reservation (all 4 nights) to that category since that category is still available for all 4 nights. (I realize those buildings are just a request, not guaranteed. Thanks, that helps alot!