Thread: Late Arrival: Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach

Late Arrival: Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach

It would be fun to experience both water parks on our next visit. If scheduling only allows one water park RD, which would be the best park to arrive at around noon or 1 pm?

won't let you order a nice scotch texhanddoc's Avatar
    How old are your kids? They are both great. Typhoon Lagoon seems to have a few more fans and has more visits per year than Blizzard Beach. The big draw of TL is Crushin' Gusher which is a "water rollercoaster" and the large wave pool. Those waves are pretty big and awesome! If your kids are small though (less than 6 or so), the waves can be big and knock them around.

We prefer TL.
    GREGG

Proud DVC owner of:

Stay tuned for more exciting additions to... MY SIGNATURE!!!

The kids are older and thrill seekers: 13 and 15. They don't seem as excited as I am about the prospect of a Disney trip. This trip is really for me. So I thought that two days at the water parks might sweeten the pot. In order to do everything I want at the regular parks, it looks like only one RD day at a water park. The other day, we could start at a regular park for RD rides and then head to a water park.

I wasn't sure if one water park was more of a "must" at RD to be able to ride a really popular slide/attraction. We would be going in June, so I'm sure they will both be packed.

Good point about what the kids would enjoy. When they look at the pictures, they are excited about Blizzard Beach due to the Summit Plummet. Maybe there are more thrills though at TL.

What time of year? Don't forget the afternoon storms in the summer months, they could kill your water park time.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

I know. If the weather looks like it will be more than a passing storm, we will just skip it. We can head to Disney Quest, too.

We did both water parks last June and loved them! We did a late arrival twice at TL and once at BB. My boys are 13 and 10 and they loved Crush'n Gusher at TL. None of us did Summit Plummet, but the line for it got longer through the day. If you don't mind spoilers, you can watch youtube videos of most of the slides to get an idea of what they might like. We all really liked Teamboat Springs at BB.

Steph
    1997 CBR, 2004 ASMo, 2005 CBR
    2007 Pop x 2, 2008 ASMu, 2009 Pop
    2010 ASMu, 2013 CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan View Post
    I know. If the weather looks like it will be more than a passing storm, we will just skip it. We can head to Disney Quest, too.
    As long as there isn't any lightning in the area (I think 5 mile radius) all of the slides will still be open. Waterparks in the rain are the best. Everyone leaves and the lines are non-existent.
    Sweet Stephanie, bid adieu. Trampled waiting in the queue.

Time Travel : Verb Tenses
    Body Snatching :: Pronouns

Quote Originally Posted by Momofpirates View Post
    We did both water parks last June and loved them! We did a late arrival twice at TL and once at BB. My boys are 13 and 10 and they loved Crush'n Gusher at TL. None of us did Summit Plummet, but the line for it got longer through the day. If you don't mind spoilers, you can watch youtube videos of most of the slides to get an idea of what they might like. We all really liked Teamboat Springs at BB.

Steph
    Your trip report inspired me to give a late arrival at a water park a try. (BTW - Just reading your report made me want to grab my Mickey poncho. We were at the World during a tropical storm one year. So I am always prepared with Plan B.) I was just watching some Youtube videos yesterday. I think the kids will like both of the parks. There were a couple slides I'm not sure about, but my thrill seekers will like them all.