Thread: Annual Passes and Magic Bands

Annual Passes and Magic Bands

So we'll be at Disney for 14 nights in Sept and have been chosen for the Magic Bands/Fastpass+ testing. We have annual passes, but bought tickets to get free dining. (We plan on upgrading them to Annual Passes when we need to renew so not all is lost there.) How does all of this play into the Magic Bands testing? Should we not use them? Will it be ok? Any tricks we should know about? TIA

I can't answer any of your questions but curious as to the answers because I always assumed that tickets purchased as part of a package (like those with "free" dining) couldn't be held for future use.

Edit: To clarify, I assumed tickets that were part of a package were tied to the period of time when you were staying on site. Which would be different than, say Undercover Tourist tickets, which would be good 14 days from first use, even if that first use was 2192.
    Please take the following words and replace them with their antonym: "Always coming from take me down."

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeite View Post
    I can't answer any of your questions but curious as to the answers because I always assumed that tickets purchased as part of a package (like those with "free" dining) couldn't be held for future use.

Edit: To clarify, I assumed tickets that were part of a package were tied to the period of time when you were staying on site. Which would be different than, say Undercover Tourist tickets, which would be good 14 days from first use, even if that first use was 2192.
    As long as those package tickets are not used, they can be used on future visits, or upgraded to higher-priced media.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Stupid Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    As long as those package tickets are not used, they can be used on future visits, or upgraded to higher-priced media.
    Thanks, I was hoping that it wouldn't interfere. Do I just let them know at check-in to not add the tickets to the Magic Bands? Can I have our annual passes added instead?

hmm. that's an interesting question. I wonder if they will add the AP in lieu of the regular tickets?
    I have some old (never expiring) paper tickets with 2 of the 5 days left on them. Can I use that credit toward and AP as well as use the 8 day ph ticket I have currently toward an AP?
    Stephanie, Lexington 11, Cadence 9, Jacob 7

In training for first WINE AND DINE HALF MARATHON November 2014

Sept 2013 Beach Club Resort (Free Dining)
    Nov 2011 Contemporary Resort Hotel (Free Dining)

Quote Originally Posted by my3crazies View Post
    Thanks, I was hoping that it wouldn't interfere. Do I just let them know at check-in to not add the tickets to the Magic Bands? Can I have our annual passes added instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephalini View Post
    hmm. that's an interesting question. I wonder if they will add the AP in lieu of the regular tickets?
    I have some old (never expiring) paper tickets with 2 of the 5 days left on them. Can I use that credit toward and AP as well as use the 8 day ph ticket I have currently toward an AP?
    I'm not sure about either of these answers. I'd like to know this too, as we'll be part of the FP+ test in late September/early October, and also have APs.

Stupid Judy.

he's right
    I have some old (never expiring) paper tickets with 2 of the 5 days left on them. Can I use that credit toward and AP
    No. Any upgrade has to be done within 14 days of first use, even for no-expire tickets. What's more, even if it were allowed, the AP would be back-dated to start the day that the ticket was first used---probably more than a year ago, making the AP invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    No. Any upgrade has to be done within 14 days of first use, even for no-expire tickets. What's more, even if it were allowed, the AP would be back-dated to start the day that the ticket was first used---probably more than a year ago, making the AP invalid.
    Thank you for the clarification. I will probably upgrade my ph ticket to AP and leave my family's out. I have been hearing conflicting information as to when I should do this, some say the first day I arrive before I use them others say to wait until the last day so as to not mess up my reservations (free dining and ADR's etc). Do you know when I should upgrade to AP?
    Stephanie, Lexington 11, Cadence 9, Jacob 7

In training for first WINE AND DINE HALF MARATHON November 2014

Sept 2013 Beach Club Resort (Free Dining)
    Nov 2011 Contemporary Resort Hotel (Free Dining)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephalini View Post
    Thank you for the clarification. I will probably upgrade my ph ticket to AP and leave my family's out. I have been hearing conflicting information as to when I should do this, some say the first day I arrive before I use them others say to wait until the last day so as to not mess up my reservations (free dining and ADR's etc). Do you know when I should upgrade to AP?
    ADRs should have no connection to ticket media, even if they're all linked on your MDE account. You should be able to upgrade at any time while you're onsite.

Stupid Judy.