Thread: LegoLand Crowd Calendar

LegoLand Crowd Calendar

My trip is very far off, but does anyone know of a place with a crowd calendar for LegoLand Florida?

We are thinking of going The Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving in 2014.

Here is the closest I can find... but I am not sure how much to trust the site.
    http://www.totalorlando.com/park_cro...D_Florida.html
    Micah

MousePerks Android Apps and Mobile Website
    Apr '87 - offsite; Feb '91 - offsite; Feb '04 - offsite; Feb '10 - Pop; Jan '12 - ASSp; Jan/Feb '13 - Pop (Report); Jan/Feb '14 - VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 - POR (Report); Aug '14 - SSR (Report); Jan '15 - VGF/AKV/OKW

an enigma wrapped in bacon, deepfried and drizzled with passion fruit aioli drischar's Avatar
    When I was looking for LEGOLAND info for our May trip, the only solid tip I could find regarding what days to visit was that it is a popular place for school field trips. Therefore it is frequently more crowded during the week than on the weekends during the school year. Also, the only piece of touring advice was to head to the back of the park first to the "Schools" area. The longest line we waited in all day was for Driving School because we did it 3rd instead of 1st. When we were there at the end of May, there was no bag check. Consider bringing lots of snacks or even a picnic lunch as the food is very high priced and not very good.
    DeAnn

Trips: Lots as a child growing up in FL last time 1992 (always off-site)--Oct 2010 POP first time as a parent--Oct 2011 (Indian Creek home)--Nov 2012 Last minute MNSSHP and F&W weekend with no kids!!--DCL Dream May 2013 (KSC & Legoland)--4 Generations of Princesses, June 2014 (1 day @ MK)---Christmas at WDW! Dec 2014 (off-site)

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla! jandeeah's Avatar
    About the food. I can't speak for bag checks but they do say no outside food is allowed so I would not be obvious by bringing a cooler and you could be told you can't bring it in. I am getting ready to start working on my Lego Land plan in a few weeks. There is little information out there. I am hoping it is because you do not need much planning.
    Andrea

Disney before Drudgery!

Read about my trips here

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla! jandeeah's Avatar
    Another tip. Subscribe your kids to the free Lego magazine there is always a coupon buy and adult ticket get a kids ticket free.
    Andrea

Disney before Drudgery!

Read about my trips here

Maybe I can harass Lisa into taking me next week. I don't think you'll find a Legoland crowd calendar. If possible, avoid holidays and weekends and visit early in the week. Note that they are closed some days in the off-season. I would expect crowds to mirror the Disney World crowd calendar levels. For example, it will be dead in September and busy every day over the summer.

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    Actually, yes you can bring in food, just with some basic limitations, although Legoland does post this information in a very inconspicuous place on the website, and everywhere else it's mentioned says "no outside food"!

Is outside food or alcohol allowed inside the park? Outside coolers, food and beverages may be brought into the park under certain guidelines (listed below). Alcohol may not be brought onto LEGOLAND Florida property.
    Acceptable items:
    • Bottled water
    • Small snacks that do not require heating

• Any food required for medical purposes and medically–indicated nutritional supplements
    • Any food required for special dietary needs
    • Baby food/baby formula
    • Soft-sided insulated bags no larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep
    • Coolers/bags with wheels, not to exceed 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep

Prohibited items:
    • Picnic lunches (unless with a school/youth group)
    • Food that requires heating or refrigeration
    • Alcohol and glass containers
    • Hard-sided coolers
    • Soft-sided coolers larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep
    *Please be advised that all bags and personal items are subject to inspection.

I found it on their FAQ page a little less than halfway down http://florida.legoland.com/en/Plan/LEGOLAND-FAQ/ I wondered because we've brought in our backpacks with food to Legoland CA every time with absolutely no issues, so I couldn't figure out why they'd have different rules for the Orlando park.

Thanks for all the tips!

Pam - You are a great sleuth! I will definitely be bringing in snacks that fit those regulations. I hate overpaying for theme park food.

Andrea - My son actually already gets that magazine. I will have to find his latest issue and check for a coupon, although it will be awhile before I can buy tix since they expire a year after purchase.

Josh - That would be awesome!

I found this site, but don't know how accurate it is. It does not recommend MK on Mondays, so that's a good sign. I haven't compared it to Josh's calendar though.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/busy-day-guide.php

Considering Legoland on Thanksgiving Day. Have looked at sites suggested above, but not found any really good info. on what the crowds may be like that day. Anyone have any suggestions or info. to share? TIA.

I don't think there are any websites/people that frequent LegoLand all that often due to its distance from the central attractions in the Orlando area. I would think Thanksgiving would be fairly light on crowds with very few locals visiting with passes.

Those were my thoughts, but it is nice to hear someone confirm them. By the way, my daughter is "geeked up" because "THE Josh" responded to my post! :)
    Thanks Josh!