So after freaking people out with the summertime crowds, I thought I would try to reassure by going over my Cheat Sheet touring plans to see how they do over the busy summer. For reference this is the cheat sheet as originally written http://www.easywdw.com/category/cheat-sheets/:
Ideal Two-Day Morning Plan Day 2:
1. Ride Astro Orbiter: 9am – 9:15am
2. Ride Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 9:17am – 9:25am
3. Ride Space Mountain: 9:30am – 9:50am
4. (Ride Tomorrowland Indy Speedway if desired)
5. Ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 9:55am – 10:10am
6. Ride The Barnstormer: 10:15am – 10:25am
7. Ride Dumbo The Flying Elephant: 10:27am – 10:40am
8. (Visit Pete’s Silly Sideshow for Goofy/Donald and/or Daisy/Minnie if desired)
9. Ride Mad Tea Party: 10:43am – 10:50am
10. Ride Haunted Mansion: 11am – 11:20am
11. Ride it’s a small world: 11:23am – 11:40am
12. Have lunch.
Columbia Harbour House and Pinocchio Village Haus are nearby. For Be
Our Guest lunch, grab snacks and get in line at 2pm.
Afternoon and Evening: Consider another afternoon break. Visit the anytime attractions in
Fantasyland and Tomorrowland – Mickey’s PhilharMagic, Prince Regal Carousel, Stitch’s Great
Escape, Mosnters Inc. Laugh Floor, PeopleMover, and Carousel of Progress are all good choices.
Crowds also diminish in the evening. If Magic Kingdom is open past 9pm, crowds will be lower
each hour after. Return to Tomorrowland with two hours to close and Fantasyland in the last
hour to experience much shorter waits than the afternoon.
And this is how it worked out in person. I'll have a longer post about it w/ pictures etc. but here's a head start.
- I arrived at the TTC at 7:43am. Only resort monorail is running this early. Ferry boat and Express Monorail don't run until 830am.
- Arrive at bag check around 8:02am. Realize I forgot ticket (I'm really bad at this). Get it reissued and through "turnstiles" at around 8:11am. Getting through the Mickey Readers took about 30 seconds with four readers open and maybe six total people in line.
- Opening show started at 8:42am. Park open at 8:46am.
- Arrived at Tomorrowland at 8:50am. There was an internal rope that came down right as I arrived. Cast members walked guests toward Space Mountain.
- Rode Astro Orbiter: 853am - 900am.
- The line for Space Mountain looked too long to be short by the time I got off Buzz. So I FASTPASSed it with a return time of 9:55am - 10:55am
- Rode Buzz Lightyear: 904am - 914am
- Rode Winnie the Pooh: 918am - 930am
- Rode Barnstormer: 933am - 940am
- Rode Dumbo after bathroom break: 945am - 954am
- Rode Mad Tea Party: 956am - 1003am
- Rode Space Mountain with FASTPASS: 1006am - 1023am
- Grabbed Peter Pan's Flight FASTPASS for use after lunch. Return time of 12:05pm - 1:05pm
- Rode it's a small world: 10:34am - 10:55am
- By 1058am, Haunted Mansion lines were already 15 - 20 minutes and I wasn't in the mood to wait outside. It would best be put off for an evening return as waits tend to drop after 7pm in the summer.
- Had lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus.
Overall things went pretty well. 8 attractions out of the way by 11am, lunch with low crowds, and a FASTPASS for Pan for use once lunch is over. You could hit a couple high capacity attractions after lunch like Liberty Square Riverboat, PeopleMover. If you're interested in Tomorrowland Speedway, I think it moves up to the first position over Astro Orbiter. Orbiter wasn't busy until around 940am giving you time to hit the other Tomorrowland priorities first. My estimation is they only had one side of Space Mountain running in the morning which was the reason for the line out the door and 20+ minute wait.
Afternoon crowds are out of control. 85 minutes at Buzz. 120 at Space. 80 at Pan. 45 at it's a small world. 60 at Mansion. 90 at Splash. Big Thunder down. It's ugly out there.