Thread: Animal Kingdom plan??

upstate, NY, wish I lived at Disney World!!

Question Animal Kingdom plan??

I am still debating on whether I want to do Rafiki's planet watch, or not. We were just there this last year, and I would like to continue going yearly, but this year we are taking family along with us. We will be a large group of 12. I'm sure my 3 and 1 year will really enjoy RPW, which is why I am highly considering it. If we choose to do this, I'm sure not everyone will want to do this. I'm guessing it would be just me and my girls, and probably my mom and g-ma. Which brings me to a question. Are ECV's allowed on the train over to RPW?? So I have come up with 2 plans in 1, 1 for us doing RPW and 1 for those who would not be doing RPW. We will be going on September 7th, a most recommended day with a crowd level of 5 and hrs of 9-5. Let me know if you think this is doable, or have other suggestions.

RD
    KS 9:40-11:10
    RPW-----------------------------------------------------FPV Kali rt 10:20-11:20, EE 9:45-10, Dino 10:10-10:20, Kali 10:30-10:50
    Pizzafari 11:20-12:20
    ITTBAB 12:25-12:20
    FOTLK 1:00-1:40
    FOW 2:00 (For those that want this, I think there may only be a couple people)
    TTS 1:50-2:00
    Boneyard/Nemo @ 3 ------------------------------------Dino, KRR, EE

I hope this makes sense. While I am doing RPW with my girls, the rest of the group would be doing FPV kali, EE, Dino, Kali. and while my mom would have the girls and whoever at Nemo I would be doing dino, KRR and EE. The only thing I couldn't figure out on how to fit was the trails, but I don't think it's a big deal if we miss them.

Normally we plan for an afternoon break, but since this park is only open till 5, I think we will try going the whole day, which I think the FOTLK show and the Nemo show will be good there at the end, especially for the one's who would need a break more then the others. Or, it put's a good spot there after FOTLK, that if there are ones who want to leave and go back to the resort, they can and won't miss much.
    Last edited by Hunbunch; 06-10-2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: didn't post right, the first time.

WDW: May 04'-SOG, Sep 12'-AOA, Sep 13'-POP, Sep 14'-POR

DL: May 11'-Off Site

Peanut butter is yummy.
    It's a bit confusing but looks like you plan to do Safari/Rafiki with that group til 11something- meet for lunch- is that correct?
    If so- am is fine but it falls apart a bit after lunch

FoTLK is at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30-you could do the 1:30 but won't make a 2 FoW with that

ITTBAB 12:25-12:20 - this must be a typo?

AFAIK ECVs are allowed on Rafiki train

You might find this link helpful
    http://touringplans.com/animal-kingd...-in-wheelchair

If you intended to get swaps at EE, Dino, Kali for you to use later- you will not be able to if too short kids are at Rafiki

Would we be better at putting in fotlk at 12:30 and fitting ittbab whenever.

I knew I wouldn't be able to use swaps here with the kids at rpw. Can I still do Dino, kRR and EE at the end of the day with little wait starting at 3, or does that only work on a day when the park is open later?? In Josh's cheat sheets is says to start in dinoland in the last 2 hrs of the day.

What if I did something like this instead?? Basically I just switched FOTLK and ITTBAB. Do you think this will work, or do you think we will be pushed too much to get out of lunch in order to get to FOTLK?? We could shorten our time at RPW in order to get to lunch a little sooner, if you think we will need the full hour or actually less in order to get to FOTLK early enough. How many minutes before the 12:30 show, do you think we would need to get there??

RD
    KS 9:10-9:35
    RPW 9:40-11:15-----------------------------------------------------FPV Kali rt 10:20-11:20, EE 9:45-10, Dino 10:10-10:20, Kali 10:30-10:50
    Pizzafari 11:20-12:20
    FOTLK 12:30-1:10
    ITTBAB 1:20-1:40

FOW 2:00 (For those that want this, I think there may only be a couple people)
    TTS/Boneyard 1:50-2:40
    Nemo @ 3 ------------------------------------Dino, KRR, EE

WDW: May 04'-SOG, Sep 12'-AOA, Sep 13'-POP, Sep 14'-POR

DL: May 11'-Off Site

Peanut butter is yummy.
    I think that is probably OK.

An hour for lunch is on the generous side- 45 min is usually sufficient and I would be in line for 12:30 FoTLK by 12:15.
    The waits from 3-5 at those 3 thrillers is probably in the 10-20 min range, decreasing as it gets closer to 5- so it's manageable.
    You are allowing almost 90 min for Rafiki- I'd say about an hour there is probably enough.

I did an hr and a half for rafik I, to include the travel time, is that right?? About 15 min each way?? Making it a half hr travel time and an hr at rafiki's??

Peanut butter is yummy.
    The train ride is only about 5 min each way- plus the walk into and out of Rafiki area- I usually allow an hour total- but you could certainly spend longer if you like. Since you are going there right when it opens there should not be any waits for trains.