Thread: Grande Villas Resort or Caribe Royale Resorts Suites and Villas?

Grande Villas Resort or Caribe Royale Resorts Suites and Villas?

Trying to decide for a trip in May for SWW. I have Pop Century booked because it was supposed to be just the kids and me. However, DH is still going to be out on long term disability. So we have a 5th, which rules out Pop, and I am not ponying up cash for a moderate or a deluxe. (I had a DVC stay in Feb and 2 more upcoming DVC stays in Sept and Dec. I am out of points for this UY and next!) So, looking at Hotwire, I can get Grande Villas for $39/night for a "studio" and pay to upgrade the room to a 2br. I think it's ~$100 to upgrade the room, so basically, for my stay, an extra $20/night. Or, I can get Caribe Royale Suites for $88/night. Has anyone stayed at either of these? Any reports/experiences? Positive or negative?

I have stayed at Caribe Royale just for a weekend and it was more than 5 years ago, so probably not that much help! But I thought it was very nice and would recommend it based on that limited experience. We didn't use the pool although did have the breakfast buffet they had at that time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

Wahoo! Finally a trip planned!

We love the Caribe Royale! We stayed there last year and are headed back in 3 weeks. Both years we've been able to get awesome deals through Mousesavers (last year) and the Caribe's FB page (this year), so our family of 4 stays in the 2 bedroom villas. We love having our own bedroom, a full kitchen and laundry room. The pool is really nice and the hotel is right down the road from WDW. I highly recommend it, but you'll definitely want to rent a car.

We drive. If I had to fly... Omg! I don't think I'd go to WDW if I had to fly. DH is an airplane mechanic. He tells me all the scary stories. I'd need a bottle of Xanax to get on a plane!!

What kind of rate did they have on their FB page? I know Mousesaver's had $125, I think.

I'm not sure about the rate for their 1 bedroom suites. Last year I paid $189 per night (plus a $30 food/beverage credit each night) for the 2 bedroom villa and this year I'm paying $159 per night. They have a 1 day sale on FB every Wednesday.

Ok, I looked. The one day sale was cheaper than Mousesaver's rate, but it was about $20 more than Hotwire.