Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confusion about new MyMagic+ bands and FastPass+...Please help

Confusion about new MyMagic+ bands and FastPass+...Please help

I have been reading about the new MyMagic+ Magic Bands, FastPass +, and the RFID cards to be used in place of tickets...I am confused by it all! Can anyone tell me when all or any of these are available and exacty how it will work? I am going to Disney next month and I'm wondering if we will be able to make use of any of these options. Also, I have not purchased park tickets yet and I'm am wondering if I should wait in case this plan takes effect instead of using paper tickets that I purchase online. We will be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge...not sure if they will have access to all of this. Please help:)

No word yet on when Magic Bands and Fastpass + will start. As for the RFID tickets, it is just a different type of ticket that uses the new readers at entry vs the old turnstyles. They still work on the regular old FP system.

As for waiting to purchase tickets, there is a rumor floating around that they MIGHT go up at the beginning of April, so I wouldn't dwadle on purchasing tickets. Once the price increase is confirmed, there will only be a 1-2 day notice. Also tickets vendors will be slammed with people trying to get their orders in so shipping times may be delayed.

Thanks so much!!! I think I will order today...we leave April 9th!!!

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Also.....if you order the tickets today and don't get an RFID ticket, you can convert it to RFID at your resort. It's a simple process and actually....it is what Disney wants you to do so they will encourage you to do so.
    Brenda

Got my UCT tix over the weekend, not RFID.

Your KTTW is pretty much the RFID ticket. Magic bands will be avalible sometime this year. Regarding FP+, earlier Attractions Magazine confirmed regular guests would get 3 attractions a day and one park per day. We don't know how many FPs APs and Resort Guests will get yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ThemeParks4Life View Post
    Your KTTW is pretty much the RFID ticket. Magic bands will be avalible sometime this year. Regarding FP+, earlier Attractions Magazine confirmed regular guests would get 3 attractions a day and one park per day. We don't know how many FPs APs and Resort Guests will get yet.
    Where did they get the information confirmed? To my knowledge, Disney has not released any such details which would mean that it is more conjecture then fact. I'd be interested to know their source.
    Brenda

Random poll question -- how many FPs do you use each day when you tour the parks?

josh's date at akershus stevenmilz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moscow View Post
    Random poll question -- how many FPs do you use each day when you tour the parks?
    At least a half-dozen, often times much more. I would say we've used a dozen sets in one day before, easily. From everything I've heard and seen to date, FASTPASS+ is going to suck for us.
    Steve
    Aug 81 CR Aug 83 CR Aug 86 CR Jul 87 offsite Jun 97 Disney Institute condo Nov 09 Day Trip MK May 10 CR Nov 10 FW/VWL Dec 10 BLT Mar 11 Poly May 11 Poly Sep 11 BLT Oct 11 SSR Dec 11 BCV Mar 12 BC May 12 BWV Oct 12 YC Dec 12 BWV Jan 13 BCV Feb 13 offsite May 13 BWV Sep 13 BWV Oct 13 Swan Dec 13 WBC Mar 14 BWV May 14 WBC Sep 14 BWI Oct 14 Pop Dec 14 WBC Jan 15 POFQ Mar 15 POFQ

I use 2 or 3 a day. But they are all for headliners. I think it's going to end up where you can only pick one headliner. Yuck.

So, are u thinking that FP+ will not be available at a second park on the same day on a park hopper ticket?

That's my worry, one FP worth having per day. I'm trying not to be too pessimistic. It will be interesting how long it takes to figure out the new best way to tour after the new rules are put into place. Good thing we have a Josh for that.

My other fear is that FP+ will turn anytime rides into ones with longer waits.

makes josh ride in the passenger seat Rhonda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenmilz View Post
    At least a half-dozen, often times much more. I would say we've used a dozen sets in one day before, easily. From everything I've heard and seen to date, FASTPASS+ is going to suck for us.
    Us too
    Rhonda (obviously)

2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~ASMo (mom and son trip)
    /with 2 "I won a contest" nights at POFQ!
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp

Our August 2011 Trip Report

I'm really dreading the sweaty wristbands. Honestly, if they're so excited about all this new technology, why present it to me in a way that reminds me of a county fair?
    A man should never neglect his family for business. ~ Walt Disney

Wristbands do not sound fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fizboBunny View Post
    WDWmagic posted about the 3 FP today.
    http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagi...ets-closer.htm

Hmmmmm.......interesting that the source is somewhat reliable but still nothing official. After all, the source are CMs who were supposedly in a briefing. This means that it could still change. I know that it has gone back and forth from 3 per day to 3-5 per day depending on the park and time of year, etc. I have a feeling it will most likely be the 3 per day since that is what they tested.....but it could still change before it goes official.

Quote Originally Posted by moscow View Post
    We have used up to 11 FPs in the same day.....but that was back before FP time enforcement. With the new enforcement, we actually averaged about 2-3 per day and still got to do all of our favorites and many multiple times without standing in line for more then 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I'm really dreading the sweaty wristbands. Honestly, if they're so excited about all this new technology, why present it to me in a way that reminds me of a county fair?
    Yeah.....not a fan of the wristbands myself. I wear a watch and that is the only thing that I like on my wrist....and even that took me a long time to get used to!!!
    Brenda

Wondering if this will begin before my trip in Oct.

If it were three a day, and they hadn't increased what attractions had Fast Pass -- that wouldn't be bad. I hope it isn't Space, BTM< Splash, and ETWB are all gone 6 months out, (or 3, or 2) and all that's left for the normal planner is Tiki, Phil, and POC?

I tend to agree with what Josh wrote. Fast Pass slows down lines. Add Fast Pass, and places that didn't have lines before might very well develop them. So, add Fast Pass and we have more lines, not less.

My hope is that the Mouse knows this, and has made accommodations for this.
    www.HelpAroundtheMouse.com
    .... When you just want someone to plan Disney for you... or your client!
    Email: Info@HelpAroundtheMouse.com

Not a fan of the wristband either. I'd also probably complain about having to wear a lanyard. I might be okay with an implant. :)

They sure are geared up at WDW. Can't imagine they won't have FP+ rolling soon. Yes, it's gonna be curious how it all works. They say AP's and resort guests will be able to select 60 days out. Didn't ask how many. She said there would be alot more FP's available than there are now, and this should make lines shorter. Honestly...I'm having a hard time seeing how that could be, but I'm sure they've worked the numbers.

I can see TSM running out 60 days in advance.

We use a ton of FPs. We must have used 3 for BTMRR in one day, and just as many for Buzz. So are regular FPs going away?
    Brandi

May 2011~CBR; May 2012~POR
    Feb. 2013~Windsor Hills;May 2013~Windsor Hills
    Mar. 2014~Windsor Hills; July 2014~Windsor Hills

Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    We use a ton of FPs. We must have used 3 for BTMRR in one day, and just as many for Buzz. So are regular FPs going away?
    My guess is that they will....eventually. Right now, the way the WDW website lists it, you will have the option to use one or the other but not both. So, if you use FP+, you will not have access to regular FP but if you decide to go with regular FP, you might have less of a choice as many will already be used up by those who used the FP+ system.

I just really hope that they either get this up and running soon so that I'll have a good idea of what is happening before my vacation in August or that they wait until after I've gone. (Yes....I know.....very selfish on my part!!!)
    Brenda

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    I tend to agree with what Josh wrote. Fast Pass slows down lines. Add Fast Pass, and places that didn't have lines before might very well develop them. So, add Fast Pass and we have more lines, not less.

My hope is that the Mouse knows this, and has made accommodations for this.
    There are still going to be XX amount of guests wanting to enjoy a particular attraction on a particular day/time, and XX amount of guests that can be pushed through that particular attraction during any given hour. Adding FP won't really change this number, so wait times should remain about the same on those big-volume, lower-popularity attractions (like TTA).