Thread: Walt Disney World sinkholes?

Banned

Walt Disney World sinkholes?

After reading about the Tampa sinkhole news story, the report included a quote;
    "There's hardly a place in Florida that's immune to sinkholes," said Sandy Nettles, who owns a geology consulting company in the Tampa area. "There's no way of ever predicting where a sinkhole is going to occur."

Makes you wonder about Walt Disney World?

won't let you order a nice scotch texhanddoc's Avatar
    I think a sinkhole might have claimed one of our pin lanyards and a sock or two. Im just not sure how the sinkhole was able to reach up 8 floors in BLT.
    GREGG

Proud DVC owner of:

Stay tuned for more exciting additions to... MY SIGNATURE!!!

Isn't the reason they stopped digging for a new monorail resort several years ago because of a sinkhole? Or was that just a rumor?

When you hear about sinkholes in the news, it usually is in FL. However, it only happens once every few years, and there's hardly ever a person hurt. That's obviously no consolation to that poor family affected by the latest one, but it's one of those things that you just have to make yourself not think about because it's extremely unlikely to happen to you.

Banned
    Walt Disney World property is 43 square miles (over 30,000 acres), they could have a few.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    One of the rumors about why they had to take Horizons down was that is was situated over a sink hole. Just a rumor, of course, but I do love spreading them.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Stupid Judy.

Banned
    OK, someone has listed five known sinkholes in WDW on another forum. Not at Horizons they said.

There is a sinkhole in La Cava del Tequila. Some call it a cash register. I call it a sinkhole.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.