Thread: Disney on ice

upstate, NY, wish I lived at Disney World!!

Disney on ice

Has anyone been to Disney on ice, 100 years of magic? Do little girls dress up when they go, and is tinker bell in it?

We saw it last fall. I think who is in it depends on which show is playing. We had the main stories of Rapunzel, Cinderella and Princess and the Frog, then all the princesses came out for the finale. You can check on the website which character is in which show, but typically only one show will come to your town each year.

Much to my surprise and dismay, YES, about 90% of the girls were dressed in princess costumes. DD didn't seem to mind that she wasn't, fortunately.

100 Years of Magic will have a bunch of different stories/characters, including Mickey & pals, Princesses (but NOT Rapunzel or Merida - boo!), Nemo, etc... I am not certain, but I don't think Tink makes an appearance.
    And yes, my daughter and her cousin wore their princess dresses.
    ~Becky

My crew: Me, DH BJ, DD7 Madelyn, DS3 Ryan

May 2010 - Coronado Springs
    Oct 2012 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    Planning Dec 2014 (I had to add the ticker so it feels real!)

Oh, man...too bad no Rapunzel or Tinker bell! Those are my daughters favorites, oh well...

Yeah, my DD saw the commercial for the "Rockin'" show which has Rapunzel and Merida (her faves) and was dissapointed they weren't at 100 Years... but it is still a treat!
    Oh and one other thing to note - the venues do not have their regular food/drink vendors open, only small Disney snack kiosks. (At least ours was like this) Just fyi :)
    ~Becky

Wikipedia has them listed, so we'll see! Hoping!! When did you go to see it?

We saw the show Jan 12th in Reading PA.
    ~Becky

I LOVE the Disney on Ice. I just saw the Worlds of Fantasy with cars, toy story, tinker belle, and the little mermaid. Last year we saw the one with all kinds of stories. It had princesses, alladin, the electric light parade. Mickey and Minnie hosted both shows. I was so awesome. My daughter loves to dress up. There were lots of kids dressed up, but you don't need to. I would definatley go if you can.

Yes, many little girls go in costume, though it's certainly not required. There is lots of Disney merchandise for sale. The Boston Garden (or whatever it's called now!) serves its regular menu. I did notice that some of the men's rooms were turned into ladies' rooms.
    ~ Merida's Mom ~

we saw 100 yrs too and it did not have tink or rapuzel or Merida. this was my. dd's first live show. she loved it but then she realized tink wasn't there and she cried about it! great. show besides not having certain characters

I just told my 8 year old we are going to Disney on Ice. He got SUPER excited so I had to explain this is not WDW! He said "oh, I thought we were traveling on ice to get to Disney!" I was rolling!
    Theresa

2011- first trip! Windor Hills with DH, DS8, DS6, DD4, and Grandma
    2013- 3 days WDW, 3 days US/IOA!

Love things kids say!
    ~Alicia~

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    Disney on ice freakin' rocked!!!

Ruffians, torch wielding mobs, tableware on skates. Loved it!!!!!!!
    Janine

Quote Originally Posted by 2princesses3pirates View Post
    I just told my 8 year old we are going to Disney on Ice. He got SUPER excited so I had to explain this is not WDW! He said "oh, I thought we were traveling on ice to get to Disney!" I was rolling!
    Hilarious!
    We are seeing Treasure Trove tomorrow. My daughter is turning 9, and she wanted to see the show for her gift. My 11 year old son is less than thrilled, because we are making him go. I think he will like it too.
    June 2011 and May 2013

We saw Worlds of Fantasy in CT and LOVED it. My DD decided to wear her Minnie dress. There were others in costume, but not everyone. Our venue had all of the regular food/drink stands open. I will say that all the merchandise was RIDICULOUSLY priced. There were a few vendors in the area parking lots (like those you would see at a parade) selling things at much lower prices, but it obviously wasn't Disney. If your child doesn't care, buy outside! I got DD a pair of light up "mouse" ears that looked EXACTLY like Minnie Mouse for $5 before we went in, she loves them!
    Jess

We just noticed that it will be in Minneapolis this coming weekend (2 hour drive for us), so we picked up tickets and booked a room last night to go see it. Looking forward to it, and DS4 and DS2 will be surprised.
    Micah

MousePerks Android Apps and Mobile Website
    Apr '87 - offsite; Feb '91 - offsite; Feb '04 - offsite; Feb '10 - Pop; Jan '12 - ASSp (Report); Jan/Feb '13 - Pop (Report); Jan/Feb '14 - VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 - POR (Report); Jan '15 - ???/AKV/???

What a fun mini getaway Micah! They'll love it :)
    ~Becky

Just got back from Disney on Ice. We saw the Worlds of Fantasy show (Cars, Little Mermaid, Pixie Hollow (Tinkerbell), Toy Story). The boys loved it, I think it made it even more fun for them that we just got back from WDW about a month ago, so it was even fresher in their minds. I thought it was a neat show... I enjoyed the Little Mermaid and Toy Story the best, Cars was too short, and Tinkerbell I guess just isn't for me. :) There were a few mistakes out there I noticed, but overall it was a very well done show, and I would do it again if it was back in the area.
    Micah

MousePerks Android Apps and Mobile Website
    Apr '87 - offsite; Feb '91 - offsite; Feb '04 - offsite; Feb '10 - Pop; Jan '12 - ASSp (Report); Jan/Feb '13 - Pop (Report); Jan/Feb '14 - VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 - POR (Report); Jan '15 - ???/AKV/???